Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a plumber

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and honest plumber in the East Cork Area. I have a leaking radiator and another radiator that won't heat up properly.

Cheers

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Giving it holly

Hi
    Dont know if you are sorted but a leaking rad needs to be replaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

second74 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and honest plumber in the East Cork Area. I have a leaking radiator and another radiator that won't heat up properly.

Cheers

:)

I am available for repairs Installations and services in Cork County And City. PM myself for more details or quotations.

However.If Your rad is leaking in any area other than the rad valves or at the vent. Its a replacement rad you need. most likley internal corrosion is taking place also in your other rads , boiler and hot water cylinder.
    If your rad is not heating properly. It could be a balancing problem, sludge problem, blockage problem or air problem.My guess is sludge from corrosion.

However my guess is having dealt with hundreds (if not thousands) of heating problems in cork and cork city. your heating system needs to be cleansed and treated and boiler serviced.

no point just replacing the leaking rad and moving/disturbing dirt in the other rad in order to circulate better. your not even mitigating your problem.your wasting your money on a short term fix. this will eventually lead to a new boiler replacement and more.

cork is a hard water area and limescale is a big problem.

hope this helps!

Advertisement