Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've exceeded my monthly Broadband allowance by 20%

Options
  • 26-03-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've never gone over my 10GB broadband allowance before but I was downloading a few iPad apps this month, checked my allowance last night to see how much of my allowance I thought I had left and was surprised to see it was at 120%.
    I'm just wondering if somebody from eircom could tell me how much this is going to cost me? I'm hoping I won't be screwed for exceeding what's a relatively small allowance to begin with.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

DBCooper wrote: »
    I've never gone over my 10GB broadband allowance before but I was downloading a few iPad apps this month, checked my allowance last night to see how much of my allowance I thought I had left and was surprised to see it was at 120%.
    I'm just wondering if somebody from eircom could tell me how much this is going to cost me? I'm hoping I won't be screwed for exceeding what's a relatively small allowance to begin with.

Thanks.
    Hi DBCooper

Would you like to send me a private message including your account details please? Once I have your account details I can look further into this for you.

Regards

AL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Its something like 2 or 3 euro per GB over your allowance.
    Ive had to pay it the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DBCooper

Hi Alan, thanks for getting back to me. I don't particularly want to disclose my account details etc. I just want to know how much eircom will charge me for every GB that I exceed. I'm presuming there's a standard charge for this?

Hi Alan, thanks for getting back to me. I don't particularly want to disclose my account details etc. I just want to know how much eircom will charge me for every GB that I exceed. I'm presuming there's a standard charge for this?
    Hi DBCooper

I can assure you that your account detailswould be held with the upmost care and security however I can confirm that a charge of €2 per GB applies when you have exceeded your download allowance. I would also like to confirm that a maximum of €24.99 is the maximum a customer can be charged by going over the download allowance.

Also, I would like to highlight that thereis only one broadband package that eircom offers which has a download allowance which is called eircom broadband basic NGB (10GB allowance). Customers oneircom broadband basic which is not NGB (next generation broadband) will not be held to a download allowance and a fair usage policy of 500GB applies.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DBCooper

Thanks Alan. That's what I needed to know. I have the Broadband basic NGB package. I'll just have to be more careful next time and monitor my broadband usage more often.

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan. That's what I needed to know. I have the Broadband basic NGB package. I'll just have to be more careful next time and monitor my broadband usage more often.

Hi DBCooper

No worries, I'm happy to help.

Please keep in touch if you ever have any queries that you think I may be able to assist with.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Hi Alan, I have the 7mb Broadband home advanced and just curious if the 500gb fair usage will apply to me?
    I've usually tried to keep to the 50gb monthly allowance.

0066ad wrote: »
    Hi Alan, I have the 7mb Broadband home advanced and just curious if the 500gb fair usage will apply to me?
    I've usually tried to keep to the 50gb monthly allowance.
    Hi 0066ad

Would you like to send me a PM including your landline number? I'll look into your download allowance and get back to you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement