Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-Applying for Driving License after disqualification??

• 26-03-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Approx 6 years ago I got disqualified from Driving for 2 years, and Endorsed for 3 years for a Stupid mistake (I know I was wrong no need to turn the thread into a Drink Driving debate or slagging match) I was on a provisional License at the time which has obviously long since expired. I never bothered to re-apply for the License after the ban expired as I had given up the car during the ban and have not been in a position financially to buy a new one until now. Can anyone tell me how I go about re-applying for the license and will the 3yr endorsement begin when I get a new license or will it too be expired now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

The endorsement along with the penalty points would have stalled when your learners permit expired. Your drivers number is unique to you, so upon getting a new learners permit the endoresment and points will start running again.

From what I believe you will have to apply for a driving test and use this application to renew your learners permit, if you have your old licence you will get your drivers number from this.

I think you might also have to sit the drivers theory test before doing your driving test, if your permit has lapsed for a period of time.

You will have to inform your insurance company of the situation re the ban, so work in the added extra cost on your insurance to the overall cost of buying a car. You might also have to follow the new 12 lessons program, but if you renew an old learners permit you might not???, but just in case also take this cost into consideration.

Advertisement