Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uneven skin?

• 26-03-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    Maybe I'm looking for the impossible but here goes!

Is there anything I can use to even out the skin on my face cos its all 'bumpy' (if that's the right word) and I get some spots on my jawline too (I'm on Dianette though to try sort them, so far not much progress but I'll hold out for another while) but they don't bother me as much as they used to, its the uneven texture that's bugging me cos my foundation never looks right.

Or if anyone has any foundation recommendations it would be great as well to help me cover up outbreaks and bumpiness on the bad days.
    I'm currently using No. 7 Stay Perfect foundation and Una Brennan Tea-Flower wash and moisturiser.

Thank you :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Maybe try a pore-refining/exfoliating scrub once or twice a week? I like Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It, you can use it as a scrub or leave it to dry on the skin as a mask.

They also do a self-heating mask that I've heard nothing but good things about, I think I'll try that one when my Scrub Your Nose In It is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Louvious

A few things to try/think about:

Cleanse Tone and Moisturise like your life depends on it! Get into a good cleansing routine and after a couple of weeks you will start to see a difference. do this twice a day and never ever wear your make up to bed!!!

A good facial scrub a couple of times a week is also a must. I use the St Ives Apricot one.

Also you have to look at your diet - if you are taking in too much processed foods/refined foods/sugar etc this will show on your skin. Ditch the fizzy drinks/biscuits/choc etc.

Smoking is also a big no no for the skin. Perhaps you don't smoke - I gave up the fags myself about a year ago and the difference in my skin is amazing - the oxygen to the skin cells is no longer being cut off by the fags!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My skin is exactly the same as yours OP, and I'm on Dianette too (with little effect so far).

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation; it's heavy coverage so it's like a mask. Having said that, it doesn't work wonders but it's better than any other foundation I've tried.

I'm going to save up for La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo; from what I've heard, it's the business for skin with clogged pores.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is definately the way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Glowla wrote: »
    Hi,
    Maybe I'm looking for the impossible but here goes!

Is there anything I can use to even out the skin on my face cos its all 'bumpy' (if that's the right word) and I get some spots on my jawline too (I'm on Dianette though to try sort them, so far not much progress but I'll hold out for another while) but they don't bother me as much as they used to, its the uneven texture that's bugging me cos my foundation never looks right.

Or if anyone has any foundation recommendations it would be great as well to help me cover up outbreaks and bumpiness on the bad days.
    I'm currently using No. 7 Stay Perfect foundation and Una Brennan Tea-Flower wash and moisturiser.

Thank you :D

Try boots time delay microdermabrasion kit. I have sensitive acne prone skin and found it very good. Just follow the instructions to the letter. The dianette will kick in don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

Thanks for the advice :)

I currently exfoliate about twice a week and I definitely notice an improvement afterwards. The LRP Effeclar Duo cream is getting rave reviews so I might buy that today because I used that range before but found it too drying, it might be ok in localised areas though.

I really hope Dianette kicks in soon, this is my third packet of it, the spots around my chin (which were like craters!) have all but disappeared so its just my jaw/hairline that sucks now but I'll give it another while.

If its not one thing its another with my face :rolleyes:

Advertisement