Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone bill pay red promotion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Moved to Bargain Alerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

To be honest never seen any good promotions on bill pay :cool: the 500mb data is very little,unless you just check your mail once a day and two three websites,thats all what you can do with 500mb for a month nowadays.2 years contract for free iphone 4 :rolleyes: which wont be worth most likely 35 euro after that time.there are promotions once every while where you can get double credit on payg,and that said yes is says 35e p/m but most likely you'll go over the limit on something and end up more like 50e p/m,speaking from experience here.
    If your looking to save money, top up by 20e every month and order plan with free vodafone calls,and buy bundle of 5-10gbs of data for extra 10e (dont know how much they give now :) )
    If you need new shiny phone then buy second hand one for half the price.As theres many new ones coming out soon so people will be looking to replace their s3 to s4 and iphones 5 to 5s or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sound advice from the post above but very disappointing to be honest.

Whenever I see your username I feel entitled to be alerted to some scam or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

scamalert wrote: »
    To be honest never seen any good promotions on bill pay :cool: the 500mb data is very little,unless you just check your mail once a day and two three websites,thats all what you can do with 500mb for a month nowadays.2 years contract for free iphone 4 :rolleyes: which wont be worth most likely 35 euro after that time.there are promotions once every while where you can get double credit on payg,and that said yes is says 35e p/m but most likely you'll go over the limit on something and end up more like 50e p/m,speaking from experience here.
    If your looking to save money, top up by 20e every month and order plan with free vodafone calls,and buy bundle of 5-10gbs of data for extra 10e (dont know how much they give now :) )
    If you need new shiny phone then buy second hand one for half the price.As theres many new ones coming out soon so people will be looking to replace their s3 to s4 and iphones 5 to 5s or whatever.

yeh its been rolling around in my head for the past 2 days.
    I think im with you on this one. lets not jump into a 2 year contract and see how things pan out. lets try a few things on payg and see if i can get that cost down 1st .

plus i dont really like vodafones customer service. ive never had a problem with my vodafone at home broadband but reading the vodafone forum on here scares the life out of me if i ever did. ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

plus i dont really like vodafones customer service. ive never had a problem with my vodafone at home broadband but reading the vodafone forum on here scares the life out of me if i ever did. ;(
    To be fair to Vodafone at least they have people at the end of the line. I was considering switching to Eircom for broadband at home and after going through about 4 automated phone systems, on their sales line! I remembered why I hated them so much and decided to stay with Vodafone.

They also have the best national coverage in my experience, Bbt if your not travelling all over the country that's not going to mean anything.

scamalert wrote: »
    To be honest never seen any good promotions on bill pay :cool:

The half price emobile plans a while back was an excellent promotion. Unlimited calls and texts to all networks and landlines and 15Gb of data for 34.50 a month, free tethering too. I got an iPhone 4s for 300 also which was half the price of buying one new and less than they were selling for on adverts.

I find vodafone very expensive and their coverage poor to be honest, you don't even get free tethering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Tesco Mobile
    Unlimited calls texts (any network) and data €5 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Tesco Mobile
    Unlimited calls texts (any network) and data €5 per month.

Unlimited calls and texts to any network AND unlimited data for 5 euro per month?

Is that correct? I can only see it for 35 per month on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I see vodafone are doing a promo.

Ive always been a pay as you go customer and ussually put around 35/40 euros credit on my phone a month. my phones just about had it and i see you can sign up to free vodafone-vodafone calls and texts and any network minutes plus data for 35 euros

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/plans/plansListing/VFIEmyWayPlanBuilderMain.jsp?PlansName=RED%20Essentials&planSkuId=sku91540001&bundleSkuItemId=sku1370032&phoneAsFirstVariant=phoneAsFirstVariant&cart=cartOpen&_requestid=115468

Only down side from what i can see is you have to sign up for 2 years. I can get a i phone in with that aswell or other phones.

I had a quick look through other providers but cant see anything better. maybe other boardies know better.

Is this a good promotion?

Why the fcuk are you doing that?

Anyway, wrong place to ask I reckon. I have been wrong before though.

Anyway, 02, top up by e20 a month, free texts, buy 700mb internet, for 9:99. Buy internet bundle again the following month, use a webtext app to send free texts, Voila!

• Advertisement
Advertisement