Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy site in china

Options
  • 26-03-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

Long shot but does anyone know any proxy websites I can use in china for facebook and the like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Generally, if you are using your Irish phone and log on to wifi in hotels you will be able to access facebook etc on your phone. I stayed in a hostel last week that gave instructions on a sign beside their computer on how to access using a proxy.

You'll also find that a lot of folk (particularly the expat community) "in the know" have VPNs and will no doubt help you in your endeavours.

You will have no prob accessing most websites. Gmail can be a bit problematic because it is connected to google but usually after a couple of sign in attempts you'll get in there.

It is always interesting seeing what is censored and what is not. I was there a few years ago during the time of the revolution in Egypt. I googled it from a hotel computer and all I got was pictures of pyramids.

Things have moved on, however. I have just come back from there and really saw very little difference in the Chinese media portrayal of news events and the rest of the world's point of view. I could even get BBC World on the hotel TV, they were public enemies a few years ago there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

Was there a bit back and planning to return I invested in a VPN on me laptop called astrill worked well . not getting on youtube etc is horrible

Advertisement