Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom claiming I entered into a verbal contract that I was never advised of

Options
  • 26-03-2013 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I am absolutely fuming as I type this. I signed up for a 12 month contract with eircom in November 2011. I moved house last September and I decided to keep the eircom rather than pay an early termination fee and I figured that after the contract had run out, I would cancel it. When I rang them, all the lady did was take my new address and tell me that they would switch it over on the date that I moved. However, when I rang to cancel it yesterday, I was told that because I move house, I was AUTOMATICALLY signed up for a new 12 month contract. I told the girl that I hadn't agreed nor been advised of any such thing. She gave me the number of the complaints department and told me to ring them this morning and that they would be able to check this out for me.

So, the lady in complaints checks the system and says that the remarks left in my account say that I was advised of the new contract. I tell her that I wasn't advised of this and that I would rather have paid the 2 month early termination fee than sign up for another 12 months of dreadful service. I tell the lady that I want proof of me agreeing to the contract, I want the recording of the call and I want to hear myself agreeing but the lady tells me that there is no recording but that the comments left on the system are proof! How is an eircom agents typed words proof that I agreed to something???

I know that the real proof doesn't exist as I am certain I wasn't advised of the new contract. I want to hear the recording of the phone call where I supposedly entered into this contract and obviously I am not accepting the notes entered on to the account as proof.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 duboce

Well I'm not surprised, I recently left Eircom and I found they were very unhelpful - no I should say instead, that they made it very difficult to cancel the service and leave them. I wish you the best of luck dealing with them.

I for one won't be going back to Eircom in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I am absolutely fuming as I type this. I signed up for a 12 month contract with eircom in November 2011. I moved house last September and I decided to keep the eircom rather than pay an early termination fee and I figured that after the contract had run out, I would cancel it. When I rang them, all the lady did was take my new address and tell me that they would switch it over on the date that I moved. However, when I rang to cancel it yesterday, I was told that because I move house, I was AUTOMATICALLY signed up for a new 12 month contract. I told the girl that I hadn't agreed nor been advised of any such thing. She gave me the number of the complaints department and told me to ring them this morning and that they would be able to check this out for me.

So, the lady in complaints checks the system and says that the remarks left in my account say that I was advised of the new contract. I tell her that I wasn't advised of this and that I would rather have paid the 2 month early termination fee than sign up for another 12 months of dreadful service. I tell the lady that I want proof of me agreeing to the contract, I want the recording of the call and I want to hear myself agreeing but the lady tells me that there is no recording but that the comments left on the system are proof! How is an eircom agents typed words proof that I agreed to something???

I know that the real proof doesn't exist as I am certain I wasn't advised of the new contract. I want to hear the recording of the phone call where I supposedly entered into this contract and obviously I am not accepting the notes entered on to the account as proof.
    Hi Wren Cold Goon

Can you please PM me your eircom account details? I would like to look into this in detail and get back to you once I have investigated this further.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

report it to comreg. eircom are at this crap all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Hi mrspostman

Can you please PM me your eircom account details? I would like to look into this in detail and get back to you once I have investigated this further.

Regards

Al

Thanks Al pm sent. I do not believe and absolutely do not accept that remarks typed by a service agent are proof of a verbal contract.

Thanks Al pm sent. I do not believe and absolutely do not accept that remarks typed by a service agent are proof of a verbal contract.

Hi Wren Cold Goon

I have sent a private message in relation to this.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi mrspostman

Regards

Al
    I have replied to your PM. I am becoming more outraged by the hour at Eircom. How can there be no record of the call I made this morning to the complaints department that is outlined in my OP?? Is there a phantom phone answerer in the call centre who takes calls and infuriates customers for fun???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Hi mrspostman

Regards

Al

Unless you have signed a piece of paper I would say that the contract is completely void...

I left Eircom a long time ago , I've had numerous attempts which I'd say are liable for the unfair trade act in terms of questions they were asking me about my present provider. Omg they almost bribed me to get the information but I basically said it was unfair to disclose such information and I basically told them where to go in no uncertain terms! 
    I would never go back to Eircom even I was going to save , I'd actually prefer to pay the extra!!. Anyway who'd then say that the discounts would last, there's always some bloody small print they get you with, such as the problems you are having now and especially with other people that are trying to break contracts, all this business of having to give 2 months notice....Rip of Ireland again.................
    I think they are total W******!!!

Hi mrspostman

Regards

Al
    I have been advised to make a complaint in writing to Eircom. Is there an email address I can send this to or do I have to manually post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

I have been advised to make a complaint in writing to Eircom. Is there an email address I can send this to or do I have to manually post it?
    Just tell them you made the complaint & ask them to take your word for it,sure thats how they roll.
    I left them 2 months ago after a total nightmare.never again will I use them

Hi Wren Cold Goon

I have sent you a further private message in relation to this.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement