Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feliway diffuser?

• 26-03-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Has anyone used them for their cats? I will be taking in two older foster cats in the next week or so, but am pretty sure my own cats won't be too happy about it. Obviously I'll do introductions slowly, keep them in a separate room for a while etc, but I'm wondering if a feliway might help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Yeah it would be a help, some cats react well to it, others don't take any notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I find the Feliway diffuser fantastic. It covers about a 5 metre area so you might need more than 1, depending on the size of your home. There can be a big difference in price and they're often a lot cheaper to buy online. I've tried the spray but it didn't help my 2 cats. Hope all goes well for you and the moggies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I used one when I brought my cat over from London. I have to say it was great! Cat settled far quicker than I thought he would. On the other hand, the Feliway spray I also bought was crap! Worse then useless. I had to sedate the cat in the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Think I'll get one then. Anyone know the cheapest place to get them, online or otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I buy mine from Neutrecare in the UK. The diffuser pack is 19.39 in pounds and 7.50 delivery for up to 30kg weight. The refills are cheaper and mine lasts about a month. They sell an awful lot of stuff. Their delivery is cheaper than anyone else in UK that I've found. Amazon won't ship it to Ireland.

I've seen places in Ireland selling it for as much as 40 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Got one after we moved from Galway to Cork and I'd also been gone for two weeks in New Zealand (bf moved/stayed with the cat) plus we adopted a puppy pretty much as soon as we were moved. Understandably, poor Cinnamon the cat was all out of sorts and not herself... Got one of these, plugged it in and she was back to herself so quickly... And also took to rolling around on her back under the defuser.

Got mine at the vets, I think it cost about €20, would be worth shopping around, prices seem to vary hugely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Personally it doesnt work for us but it has for lots of others.

Use rescue remedy in all water dishes, get cat nip.
    put a towel with the new kitties and one with your other kitties and swap them over after a few days. Let your cats have access to the door to the room that the newbies are in, let them sniff and growl under the door. they will get each others scent and recognise it.
    Be prepared for slaps, hisses, growls and spits. all normal.
    get some good toys that they can all use like a lazer. good for joint play and tiring out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

I used one for about 9mths- waste of money, and they're quite expensive.
    My cats don't get on, I tried it and it failed miserably.

Advertisement