Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Bargain Takeout Coffee?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

So I get a coffee most mornings, in and around Eyre Square. Revive, Renzo, Bewleys, Cafe Express would all be the preferred choice. Normally go with a plain ol' Americano. Of them all, Bewleys is the best in my opinion, though Renzo gives 'em a run for their money and Revive's not too sloppy either.

However, spending €2.50 - €3 for a coffee each workday adds up quickly to almost €800 over a year.

Fellow Galwegian Boardsies, can you recommend a better coffee, or do you know of any coffee bargains in and around this fair city?

Work near Eyre Square, so don't want to be walking out to Salthill for it :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get my coffee in Salthill, Coco, for €2 each morning. Good value but of course too far for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Jungle Cafe down Forster St., best in town imho

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jar of coffee, flask, lot less than €800 a year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Galway Roast, I think it's about €2 for an Americano.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

markesmith wrote: »
    So I get a coffee most mornings, in and around Eyre Square. Revive, Renzo, Bewleys, Cafe Express would all be the preferred choice.

Where is Bewley's in Galway city? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Luccaffe in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre is lovely, really rich, wasn't a coffee drinker until they opened! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

There was a Bewleys years ago in the Cornstore where Milanos are currently I think.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The Galway Roast on Shop St have lowered their prices, paid €2.40 for a large vanilla latte in there today.

Tasty it was too!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

Il Vicolo on Buttermilk Walk do very nice Americano for €2 but dont open till mid morning so no good for the pre-work caffeine fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Sorry, meant Butler's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

markesmith wrote: »
    Sorry, meant Butler's
    and you get a chocolate :)
    The chocolate place just inside the Eyre Square Shopping Centre Williams Street entrance also does a piece of choc with your takeaway coffee.

Advertisement