Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Nightclubs. What are your favourites?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 2:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭

always seem to end up in one of the below:

buck whaleys
    cafe en seine
    the palace
    coppers
    d2
    diceys
    everleigh gardens.

suggestions for alternatives? need to diversify the old portfolio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

buck whaleys
    cafe en seine
    the palace
    coppers
    d2
    diceys
    everleigh gardens.

the blacker yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhh few yokes be graaaaaaaaaaand

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Dandelion and Dakota at the moment. Used to go to Alchemy but the clientele changed so its not as good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

are you talking about late bars or night clubs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

John Mason wrote: »
    are you talking about late bars or night clubs?

both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sin E used to be grand. Haven't been back there in a while though so not sure if it's changed or not.

Workman's midweek is fine, at the weekends it's too packed. Also the amount of non-prescription glasses and plunging neckline t-shirts (on the lads) can be annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lost society and grand social are good spots

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

buck whaleys
    cafe en seine
    the palace
    coppers
    d2
    diceys
    everleigh gardens.

Howl at the moon
    Avenue
    Play
    Sahara
    Baggot inn
    Village
    Madison club
    Lillies Bordello
    new club underneath samsara= forgotten the name
    Dandelion
    Fitzsimmons
    Church
    ALT
    Twisted pepper
    Academy
    SIN
    Club M
    4 Dame Lane
    Leggs
    NV
    no 37
    Grafton Lounge
    Residence
    Dark horse
    Grand social
    Lafayette
    Rain
    Rira
    Break for the border
    Madonnas 80s club
    Club Nassau
    Bernard shaw
    Voodoo venue
    Arlington
    King 7
    Noo
    Button factory
    Temple bar emporium
    Bojo 35
    Fibbers
    Living Room
    Grand central
    Turks head/ chop house club
    Odessa club
    Sub lounge
    Kennedys
    Gypsy Rose
    Bison bar
    Garage bar
    Mercantile

bored now, but that's over 50 places, plus your regular places, surely one will appeal to everyone!

If you actually made a comprehensive list of places open late until 2 or 3 with dance floors in the city centre, there are enough places to go out every Friday and Saturday night for a year and end up in a different place each time!

No excuse for sticking to the same venues or dgetting bore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alisun

My sister and I were severely ridiculed by the door men at The Everleigh Garden last night. We were respectfully dressed, stone cold sober and more importantly well mannered.
    After my sister being refused entry by a doorman she was ushered out of the queue immediately as if she was causing trouble. When I approached the doorman and calmly asked why she had been treated as such, he began berating me viciously. I was none other than a ‘retard’, a ‘filthy mongrel’ and a ‘stupid bitch’. He then went on to say that I could be arrested for having questioned his authority. He continued by hissing into my face that he has ‘the same **** with me every week’, which is gas , because I have never visited the Everleigh before. I would steer clear of this place.

Alisun wrote: »
    My sister and I were severely ridiculed by the door men at The Everleigh Garden last night. We were respectfully dressed, stone cold sober and more importantly well mannered.
    After my sister being refused entry by a doorman she was ushered out of the queue immediately as if she was causing trouble. When I approached the doorman and calmly asked why she had been treated as such, he began berating me viciously. I was none other than a ‘retard’, a ‘filthy mongrel’ and a ‘stupid bitch’. He then went on to say that I could be arrested for having questioned his authority. He continued by hissing into my face that he has ‘the same **** with me every week’, which is gas , because I have never visited the Everleigh before. I would steer clear of this place.

Here's how to get in touch with them: http://everleighgarden.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Here's how to get in touch with them: http://everleighgarden.com/contact-us/

I would definitely submit an official complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

This man had bother last night also

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/mayo-gaa-star-aidan-oshea-thanks-dublin-nightclub-after-hes-refused-entry-29473501.html

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

celt262 wrote: »

Did it ever actually say why he wasn't let in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If he was an ordinary bloke there'd be no word about it. But of course as its him the venue must be so apologetic. It's almost as if he has a right to get in. They can refuse whoever they want. Not that he shouldn't have got in either.

Did it ever actually say why he wasn't let in?

His haircut was too deadly?

Going out on Monday, and we aren't allowed near Coppers or Whelans. What's Dame Lane like on a Monday? I haven't had the chance to go out on a Monday in yonks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Is there a certain dress code for coppers? Can you wear runners or does it have to be shoes?

Is there a certain dress code for coppers? Can you wear runners or does it have to be shoes?

I wouldn't risk the runners to be honest but I've worn runners there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Lux23 wrote: »
    I wouldn't risk the runners to be honest but I've worn runners there.

They're not white? If that makes a difference. Black shoes and jeans seems very formal. :/

They're not white? If that makes a difference. Black shoes and jeans seems very formal. :/

Sure ring and ask them. But if it's a Saturday I wouldn't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Runners are fine. As long as they're a Converse or Vans type of shoe rather than a pair of Nike Air Max.

• Advertisement

Going out on Monday, and we aren't allowed near Coppers or Whelans. What's Dame Lane like on a Monday? I haven't had the chance to go out on a Monday in yonks.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The Everleigh is a terrible spot. Had a bad experience there and so have a few of my mates, in the same night. A work night out and we ended up splitting up because they wouldn't let all of us in for no reason whatsoever, despite letting people younger than me and telling one of our party to take off his hoody :confused:

The people who got in there said it was pretty bad inside anyway. On the lookout for a new spot myself. The Palace is good if you pick the right nights! Studenty during the week and slightly older at the weekend, depending on your age. It's quite a big club and well-policed! Lots of bouncers but they mind their own business unless needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Any suggestions?

On a Monday ad can' go to Coppers or Whelans your limited with choice well choice that will have a decent crowd in it anyway.

Could always go down the temple bar route? Place is busy every night of the week, once you don't mind spending crazy money to get a drink.

Yea, my boyfriend worked in Coppers so doesn't want to spend a night there and he objects to Whelans because its full of people he knows and he just doesn't like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Any suggestions?
    If you're in the mood for something a bit different, Monday is jazz night in the Twisted Pepper.

folamh wrote: »
    If you're in the mood for something a bit different, Monday is jazz night in the Twisted Pepper.

Not really our thing, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

What is the general dress code in clubs/pubs in the city centre, smart/casual?

Would I get away with wearing a nice pair or jeans, a nice top and accessories? Flat shoes too.. Or heels? :pac:

I don't like dresses :P

What is the general dress code in clubs/pubs in the city centre, smart/casual?

Would I get away with wearing a nice pair or jeans, a nice top and accessories? Flat shoes too.. Or heels? :pac:

I don't like dresses :P

Yea, most of the time. I go out in jeans a good bit so you should be fine.

Advertisement