Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Deliver on Good Friday?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I know this has been posted year on year but I can't seem to find a definitive answer and An Post have nothing on their website.

Do An Post Deliver on Good Friday

Also, please don't turn this into a thread about Public and Bank Holidays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

They'll post all over Dublin and Towns except rural areas.

This has been confirmed after ringing An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mtjm wrote: »
    They'll post all over Dublin and Towns except rural areas.

This has been confirmed after ringing An Post
    I'm rural and we always have a delivery on Good Friday - the postman always complains that they don't get that day off,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

urban collections and rural deliveries.
    Bet he doesn't complain that he gets double time

amtc wrote: »
    urban collections and rural deliveries.
    Bet he doesn't complain that he gets double time

I asked him today - no double pay. It's just anther working day like for many people. Good Friday is a Bank Holiday but not a public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Are the collection depots open Good Friday? Missed a parcel this morning.

• Advertisement

Judge wrote: »
    Are the collection depots open Good Friday? Missed a parcel this morning.
    Yes, it's a normal working day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

They are delievering today alright. I got a huge mound of letters today in work. I seriously think the letters are breeding in the sorting office!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Yep they are delivering just got post 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Just to confirm, I collected my parcel from the collection office this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

They are delivering mail but the Post Offices are closed... why are the Post Offices closed? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I can confirm that the parcel centre in ballymount is CLOSED to the public!
    The lads delivery the signed for reg'd post are delivering today, but if you missed your parcel yesterday & its in the depo you won't be able to pick it up today.. although the sorting office is open. they will not serve you.

Judge wrote: »
    Just to confirm, I collected my parcel from the collection office this morning.

I too collected a parcel for a neighbour this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

spoke to someone in An Post today - it is double time for older employees, not for those employed since 2004.

amtc wrote: »
    spoke to someone in An Post today - it is double time for older employees, not for those employed since 2004.
    Somebody is pulling legs because my postman (30+ years delivering to us) says it is absolutely a normal day. Not that it matters as the question about delivery or not on Good Friday was answered and the moment is now past.

Advertisement