Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant open on Good Friday

• 26-03-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Everyone

I am just wondering if anyone knows if there is any restaurants open anywhere in west Dublin on good Friday

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd guess all of them are. I've never come across any eating establishment closed for Good Friday anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loadsofham

Believe it or not a lot of them seem to be closed , I have tried La Banca & Pregos in Lucan and both are shut for the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Try Becketts - can really recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loadsofham

Thanks Heroditas

I just tried them and they are closed as well, oh well the search continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Avenue in Maynooth? Little bit further afield but also one of my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Avenue in Maynooth? Little bit further afield but also one of my favourites.

Lexlip hotel? Da Vinci's? Hotel up by lord lucan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

loadsofham wrote: »
    Believe it or not a lot of them seem to be closed

Not surprising as the main source of profits in a licensed restaurant is selling alcohol.
    This outdated, stupid and discriminatory law needs to be changed but politicians of all types are too terrified of 'going against the church'

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SUSANJ

Anyone looking for a restaurant where you can BYOB on Good Friday, Seagrass in South Richmond Street Portobello is absolutely gorgeous, fab food and lunch is 12 euro and BYOB. I love the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

In general, the hotels are open on Good Friday. I know Finnstown is certainly open this Good Friday.

R

Advertisement