Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of joining a musical theater group/act

• 26-03-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

where can we normally see advertisements when a musical production is looking for a cast?

i always loved musicals. been a professional singer for 10 years but i want to do more!!!!!!! :D:D:D put more life on a song... sad or happy...

but,,,, do they pay? :p:p ofcourse, we got bills to catch up with too... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

amateur societies are always looking for new members but unless you are the choreographer, director, or musical director I would not be expecting to get paid, the cast are not paid to perform you do it because you love it. The big musicals that come to bord gais theatre etc have their own cast its extremely rare that they look for people over here and you would neeed to be an all round talent, acting singing and dancing. Having performed for years in a society I've seen some incredible talents but out of the hundreds I know there are very very few who have been able to earn any money out of it, those that have, have usually trained in musical theatre.
    If you are looking for shows to join look at the aims website. Association of Irish musical societies, they have listings of all upcoming shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhaiz

i suppose for the sake of getting a lot of experience, just gotta have to invest Time. i might actually consider taking part with the amateurs... might be a lot of fun :cool:

u think they spend lots of hours practicing? i work at night only so i have all day for a practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

rhaiz wrote: »
    i suppose for the sake of getting a lot of experience, just gotta have to invest Time. i might actually consider taking part with the amateurs... might be a lot of fun :cool:

u think they spend lots of hours practicing? i work at night only so i have all day for a practice...
    Well my society start rehearsals mid September 2 hours on a Monday and Wednesday evening for a show in February, the closer it gets to the show the more rehearsals you have including Sunday's. I think most societies practice in the evening as most people have 9-5 jobs or are teachers or students who are involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

rhaiz wrote: »

There are some top class amateur societies in this country but all would be evening and weekend rehearsals. We're amateurs because we work/study during the day!

Advertisement