Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNES co-op games

• 26-03-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I have a Super Everdrive on the way atm and I'd love to get some recommendations for some co-op goodness to play with my girlfriend.

The few I know that are good (some I own) are Sunset Riders, Turtles In Time, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Bomberman, Goof Troop, Secret Of Mana.

One of the reasons I bought the Everdrive is because we wanted to play Contra III but I couldn't find it in Rage and fleabay's prices were so high it made more sense to splurge on the Everdrive.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Super Double Dragon is great fun 2 player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Super Tennis and Uniracers (Unirally) are two that spring to mind. Oh and SFII Turbo is great if she's into fighting games. :)

Master of the Universe

Pac Attack is another good one for two player. Always playing that one with my girlfriend. Always losing to her :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I have Pac Attack actually. Same problem, always losing to my girlfriend!

Master of the Universe

There's a certain level of multi tasking in that game which only women are able to achieve :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Pocky and Rocky Co Up is great fun !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Zombies (Ate My Neighbours). I quite enjoyed Ghoul Patrol way back when too, but I know it's quite frowned upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

deathrider wrote: »
    Zombies (Ate My Neighbours). I quite enjoyed Ghoul Patrol way back when too, but I know it's quite frowned upon.

I only played Ghoul Patrol recently and it just feels off compared to Zombies. Didn't play far in though.

I always liked two player smash tennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Am I the only one who prefers Sunset Riders to Contra 3? It's just much more fun imo

Although they're not co-op the two player mode in the Donkey kong country games are great craic, you can press select to change between the players. Super Mario World is good fun too but its turn based

There's some rom hacks online that let you play SMW etc co-op in real time, have no idea if they'd work on an everdrive though

Master of the Universe

nuxxx wrote: »
    Am I the only one who prefers Sunset Riders to Contra 3? It's just much more fun imo

I do too. Contra 3 feels very meh after playing Contra Hard Corps on the megadrive. Its a much better game.

Sunset Riders on the snes just brilliant in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Goof Troop is a fantastic co-op game. It's made by Shinji Mikami as well before he made Resident Evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Disney's Magical Quest and Disney's Magical Quest 2 (had Minnie instead of Donald), Melfand Stories, Legend of the Mystical Ninja
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Battletoads!

Turtles in Time as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Chaos Engine is outstanding and a good co-op game.
    Then there's the other type of co-op game, nominally single player but with the second player in the background shouting instructions and disbelief when expertise is ignored!

Super Smash TV as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Forgot "Legend" , underrated imo!

Advertisement