Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do u not relise who i no

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

What's funny is that about 2 people would recognize him in the photo, but making a fuss about it is going to cause more attention then he could ever imagine. This thing is going viral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

do u not relise who i no.i want a public ****ing appoligy.****ing take it down now to.u think this is funny?
    Sounds more like intimidation to me. Threatening language, swearing, attempting to exert influence because of who he knows.

If he really was the litigious type, engaging in a FB war wouldn't be advised by his solicitor. There should only be one party here worried about legal action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

kjl wrote: »
    What's funny is that about 2 people would recognize him in the photo, but making a fuss about it is going to cause more attention then he could ever imagine. This thing is going viral.

The 'Streisand Effect'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

if it walks like a duck,and talks like a duck,its a duck.... so yeah,welcome to pricktown; population- one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can someone summarize the reddit thread for us folks who prefer blood not seep from our eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Someone should recommend to the other dude to screenshot everything the guy says to him, in case he deletes the comments. You can't lose stuff like this, it's too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can someone summarize the reddit thread for us folks who prefer blood not seep from our eyes?

It's basically no different than this thread. Comments supporting the mischievous young fella, and confirming the alleged prick is indeed a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Mostly:

OH SO TALLAFORNIA IS LIKE JERSY SHORE WITH LESS FREEDOMS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

maximoose wrote: »
    It's basically no different than this thread. Comments supporting the mischievous young fella, and confirming the alleged prick is indeed a prick.

Ah, glad I didn't read it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I have no idea who either person is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Is...is Philip rocking some double denim there? :pac:

Well it's top comment on the front page of reddit now, oh what have you done Mr.Philly, what have you done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

This thread is a classic case of online bullying... no different to the KPMG girl.

I'm going to report this thread. I wonder will it be locked & deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

he was alright in the context of the show.

but what goes on the show should stay in the show...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Never watched Tallafornia or the like (Luckily enough by the sounds of it!) so no idea who the chap is, but that picture is fcuking hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

"I'm assuming Tallafornia is the equivalent of Jersey Shore in the states and that's the Irish Situation."

This is potentially the funniest thing I've seen all week. Thank you Reddit :D

The stir has been stirred!

• Advertisement

"I'm assuming Tallafornia is the equivalent of Jersey Shore in the states and that's the Irish Situation."

You find online bullying funny? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

This thread is a classic case of online bullying... no different to the KPMG girl.

Wasnt KPMG girl a minor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Hes one of the biggest TV STARS. He got called a prick.
    I find it funny, very much so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

inmyday wrote: »
    Hes one of the biggest TV STARS. He got called a prick.
    I find it funny, very much so.

Is he fcuk... I, and I'd wager 90% of others reading this thread had no idea who he was before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Irish Sitcheeayshun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kpmg girl made a show of herself in a video while drunk.

This guy got his picture taken beside someone with prick written on their arm and he can't spell.

I can't see many similarities at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kjl wrote: »

that, when will celebrities learn that telling the internet not to do something will mean they'll do the opposite? Beyonce for a perfect example, not that anyone from Tallafornia is an actual celebrity but still.

Anyone wrote: »
    Wasnt KPMG girl a minor?

I don't know?

Doesn't matter anyway, cyber bullying is never justified. However, it just goes to show you the double standards on this website!

Wasnt KPMG girl a minor?

Dont think she was a minor.
    She was just drunk, and made a mistake, and some clown recorded her. She is not a super reality tv star. Phil is.

And also, people who are in the public eye, know exactly what they are getting into. And he is on twitter and facebook.

@ Johnny Utah. Yesterday, Pat Rabbitte got called a "Fat Fcuk" on boards.ie. Where was your moaning about Bullying?????? Where huh???

Kpmg girl made a show of herself in a video while drunk.

This guy got his picture taken beside someone with prick written on their arm and he can't spell.

I can't see many similarities at all.

I'm talking about the abuse being given in this thread. When similar threads appeared about the KPMG girl, they were all instantly deleted; and one of the main reasons given was to prevent online bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Id rather if this had happened to dave or mark. theyre the real pricks. phil isnt the worst, just not the smartest either.

Is he fcuk... I, and I'd wager 90% of others reading this thread had no idea who he was before today.

Sarcasm detector not working???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I don't know?

Doesn't matter anyway, cyber bullying is never justified. However, it just goes to show you the double standards on this website!
    It's a picture of a pr1ck acting the pr1ck & threatening the poor lad with harm & a lawsuit, you're right, he is cyber bullying him on facebook, will we all report him?

She was just drunk, and made a mistake, and some clown recorded her. She is not a super reality tv star. Phil is.

And also, people who are in the public eye, know exactly what they are getting into. And he is on twitter and facebook.

@ Johnny Utah. Yesterday, Pat Rabbitte got called a "Fat Fcuk" on boards.ie. Where was your moaning about Bullying?????? Where huh???

I was probably busy yesterday. If I had seen the thread, I probably would have reported it. I have reported plenty of abusive posts and threads both here and in the soccer forum and usually nothing is done about them. It just goes to show you how different things are if you have a rich daddy who is willing to engage a team of hotshot lawyers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sarcasm detector not working???

It's been on the blink for a few days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah heyor :rolleyes:
    Apparently any legitimate taking the piss out of people who make complete eejits of themselves is "bullying" these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I was probably busy yesterday. If I had seen the thread, I probably would have reported it. I have reported plenty of abusive posts and threads both here and in the soccer forum and usually nothing is done about them. It just goes to show you how different things are if you have a rich daddy who is willing to engage a team of hotshot lawyers! :D

If you are willing to put yourself in the public eye, you are fair game. Like this superstar has.

KPMG girl was a drunk (stupid) minor who did not know she was being recorded.

Your "outrage" at these apparent double standards is just an attempt to get one over on Boards.ie.

Laughable to be honest.

Apparently any legitimate taking the piss out of people who make complete eejits of themselves is "bullying" these days?

you said it, not me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

krudler wrote: »
    Her fanny is probably a weapon of mass destruction

You would still lash the box of her and don't deny it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

And also, people who are in the public eye, know exactly what they are getting into

She is a minor actually, despite her acting otherwise. So yeah I agree that the KMPG case is radically different to this

As you said, phil is in the public eye so to speak and besides, he spends half his time on Tallafornia insulting and name calling other people so you'd expect him to be able to take it if he can dish it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

This is hilarious.

Kudos to your man Jamie for not being intimidated by that simpleton.

It's not really online bullying if its a reality TV personality being made fun of in a minor manner where most of the mirth is based on his badly spelt and abusive attempt at intimidating someone into doing something they probably can't be legally compelled to do.

Reality TV stars of this sort sign an implicit contract with the public that in return for offending everyone with their childish antics their right to privacy is less absolute than that of an underage girl who didn't consent to be filmed, to take the example of the KPMG girl.

This guy consented to have the photograph taken, if he acted like an adult and merely asked to have the photo taken down or even laughed it off he'd have gotten a much better result and maybe even managed to boost his very poor public perception.

PS: "I'm assuming Tallafornia is the equivalent of Jersey Shore in the states and that's the Irish Situation." = gas line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Stop it, stop bullying johnny

Double standards, that's all I'll say! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Double standards, that's all I'll say! :cool:

Say it all you like, doesn't make you right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

KPMG girl was only 17 at the time of the video (I actually know who she is) that's why the reaction was taken so seriously - she's a minor and therefore vulnerable to cyber bullying...this guy however is a reality tv star - taking this piss out of someone for being an idiot isn't always "bullying" if that were the case we'd have no satire, no political caricatures etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

When you sign up to celebdom you have to take the **** that comes with it. Imagine a real celebrity trying to individually sue anyone who made fun of them on the internet!

Anyway if he had have just laughed at it it would have been forgotten about straight away but instead he comes in with a hard man "do u not relise who i no" attitude and makes a fool of himself. It's getting way more attention because of the way he reacted and he's made himself look like a childish gob****e with no sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wasnt KPMG girl a minor?

No, she was a miner. Back down there shovelling coal now.

KPMG girl was only 17 at the time of the video (I actually know who she is) that's why the reaction was taken so seriously - she's a minor and therefore vulnerable to cyber bullying...this guy however is a reality tv star - taking this piss out of someone for being an idiot isn't always "bullying" if that were the case we'd have no satire, no political caricatures etc.

It's funny, people keep bringing up the age thing. Age does not preclude bullying. Being an adult doesn't give others the right to engage in cyber bullying. Or, are you saying otherwise?

Like I said, I have reported loads of abusive comments, particularly here and soccer forum, with very little success. Of course, anyone with a bit of cop on would realise the truth in the KPMG case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

It's funny, people keep bringing up the age thing. Age does not preclude bullying. Being an adult doesn't give others the right to engage in cyber bullying. Or, are you saying otherwise?

Like I said, I have reported loads of abusive comments, particularly here and soccer forum, with very little success. Of course, anyone with a bit of cop on would realise the truth in the KPMG case! :D

The issue isn't the age, but rather the fact that she is a private individual who didn't consent to her being filmed and is also a minor, making her non consent/right to anonymity even more important.

Phil, on the other hand, regularly appears on TV, is probably aware that once he's been in the public eye a few times people are likely to form an opinion about him and why not? He's the one who put himself out there. And it looks to me that he agreed to pose for this photo so his reaction seems ridiculous, must not be very observant if he didnt notice the "prick" to begin with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think he took it down, I can't find it now.

Should have kept it up there's nothing that Tallafornia idiot can do about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

So what when people reference the idiot politicians that fecked up the economy, you think they're bullying the politicians? Any time someone does a humourous impression of a public figure they're bullying that person? If you're being serious then all social/political satire should be reclassified as bullying eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

I think it is illegal to photograph or video under 18s in a manner that identifies them without their consent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

The only way to stop those who are famous for being famous from becoming more famous is to not mention them.

- C Doyle (2009).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He's no Ryan Atwood, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I wonder who he nos.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement