Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone photo library transfer to PC - Not Camera Roll !

• 26-03-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

there has been a few similar threads but I cannot find a definitive answer.

A friend has an IP4 with approx 2500 snaps using 4.3GB of internal phone memory. Of these, 500 are in the Camera roll and at an approx size of 2MB, that would be roughly 1GB of space on used. The remainder, totaling approx 2K snaps, are taking up just over 3GB. These were initially trasferred from a laptop ( and optimised during the transfer process by itunes ).

This is a one-way process I believe, without the use of 3rd party intervention. I downloaded Syncios to attempt a backup to PC, which on the face of it, appears to work, until you actually look at the transfers. They are reduced to a miniscule file size. Much lower res than the source files from the iphone. Useless in fact.

So, any ideas or suggestions, without having to invest in a paid 3rd party software, or a jailbreak ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

If you plug in the phone to your pc does it not show up in Windows Explorer? Am sure it works the same on a mac. Should be able to browse through to where the photos are stored and then copy and paste to your HDD.

3rd party applications like itools are free and will make life easier. Don't think it has to be jailbroken either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

basill wrote: »
    If you plug in the phone to your pc does it not show up in Windows Explorer? Am sure it works the same on a mac. Should be able to browse through to where the photos are stored and then copy and paste to your HDD.

3rd party applications like itools are free and will make life easier. Don't think it has to be jailbroken either.
    That's why I made reference in the thread title "-not camera roll".

What you are referring to is just that. Snaps taken by the internal camera, screen grabs, or other photos ( such as picture messages received or pics from the internet, which were at some point "saved to images".

The library refers to other stuff also, and that's what I need to get at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Download ifunbox on a pc and it should allow you to browse the file syste

Advertisement