Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sign for a shop with big windows

• 26-03-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

odd_store_charge.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

So if I "just look" and go buy it cheaper elsewhere I don't get charged? But their current customers that do purchase from the store will be charged an extra 5 dollars?

Is that a joke or is it serious?

At first I thought it was bikeworld :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

So if I "just look" and go buy it cheaper elsewhere I don't get charged? But their current customers that do purchase from the store will be charged an extra 5 dollars?

Is that a joke or is it serious?

At first I thought it was bikeworld :)

No, you get charged $5 dollars to browse but if you buy something you get the $5 knocked off the price of the stuff you are buying

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That's a bit too overt. I know some places mis-size all products so when the 'browsers' try on in store to buy online, they buy the wrong size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I sympathise with a lot retailers these days, playing devil's advocate, particularly for big ticket stuff like bike gear where we're always on the web looking for bargains. I always try to support my local shops where possible and reasonable. In the case above, I agree it's just a bit off to post such a sign...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A fiver to browse? I don't care what reasons they're doing it, I just wouldn't go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

So what are they planning? Asking everyone who enters the store for 5 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Madness....maybe boards should charge €5 per post and if it makes sense you get the €5 back.

LMFAO

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Madness....maybe boards should charge €5 per post and if it makes sense you get the €5 back.

LMFAO

I'd be feckin' broke!!! :pac:

As for the OP, I'm actually surprised a certain shop that shan't be named, doesn't actually do that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

LMFAO

Some one already beat you to that idea

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/senator-suggests-people-pay-to-post-online-comments-in-bid-to-curb-cyberbullying-587098.html

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

My god.... it was physically painful to read that. As Irish people are we honestly getting that bad :confused: i mean even contemplating having to provide your passport number to post a comment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Robbknoll wrote: »
    My god.... it was physically painful to read that. As Irish people are we honestly getting that bad :confused: i mean even contemplating having to provide your passport number to post a comment...

If you thought reading it was bad, watch the video on the bottom of the article, should give you a good laugh as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So set up a turnstile with a few barriers ... pay your fiver so you can walk towards the window be shepharded inside to buy your product and while your at the till you hand in the ticket you got for the discount back ... :rolleyes:

Good luck with that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Maybe it should be titled "How to keep customers out of your shop and decrease footfall"
    The management should think innovatively, charging people money to look is nonsensical.
    Offering great service is one way of increasing trade, and making customers more likely to buy.
    Organising events like bike servicing workshops, group rides, BBQ's and the like.
    Just waiting for punters to walk in and hand over cash is an outdated idea and charging them to look is well.....

It gives the impression that the shop thinks the customer is a wánker. Definitely not the impression you want to give your customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

What shop in Ireland wants dollars???

What shop in Ireland wants dollars???

I dont think OP is saying the notice is from Ireland, he is saying that a certain shop on the long mile road/naas road "with big windows" should use the same policy as this one in the US or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Ah right, I'm a bit slow today!

The shop with big windows is depressing looking these days. Used to have loads of cool bikes in the window, now it's pretty much a collection of scooters

Its a hive of activity every Sat, its like the go to place if you have no where else to ride a bike! Then deserted again till the following Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

LMFAO

You would be fooked so :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

So what happens if you go in with every intention of spending your money in the shop, but they either don't have the product, or the style or size you want? Or even when you see the product you do want, you realise that it isn't what you want. If I saw that sign in a shop here I'd take my business elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

realise this is an old topic but...

Could help but remind me of this as well

mcdonalds2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Cienciano wrote: »
    The shop with big windows is depressing looking these days. Used to have loads of cool bikes in the window, now it's pretty much a collection of scooters

True, I think. The nearly Harley, Triumph Ducati operation at Red Cow is better now just for idle looking and tyre kicking. I bought two bikes from them, so they can't mind my idle browsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

True, I think. The nearly Harley, Triumph Ducati operation at Red Cow is better now just for idle looking and tyre kicking. I bought two bikes from them, so they can't mind my idle browsing.

And with Honda/KTM near by there's less reason to look in there now, with Cotters just around the corner for cheap gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Cienciano wrote: »

I noticed this too, seem to be concentrating on the scooter market quite a lot. In fairness I think they are only following the trend of where the market is going. Not many lads buying brand new sports bikes these days. There's going to be a serious shortage of decent second hand 4-6yr old bikes in a couples of years.
    Also to say I've never had a problem with BW and always found them helpful and good to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

And free coffee..............:D

Drove past Delaneys at Harolds X bridge yesterday....thoughts back to 1978, going in to pay for my brand new CB 125 S....no CG for this boyo..:o
    Nice to see them still in business...

Advertisement