Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Digital Media Or Multimedia in DCU.

• 26-03-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Well, I've CDM in Blanch down as my first choice. But I've seen Multimedia in DCU aswell and I'm not sure which to put first. Anyone know of differences in the course in terms of job oppurtunites or standard? I know it's unlikely, especially as this is a ITB forum. And also, is there a career path for graphic design from this course? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I'd recommend DCU first, as it's a BSci rather than a Barts, and secondly because DCU will have better facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fsspuggy

What's the difference? I did check for what a Barts is, but no luck.

fsspuggy wrote: »
    What's the difference? I did check for what a Barts is, but no luck.

Bachelor of Arts = Barts, or B.A as it's usually abbreviated.

I would value a B.Sc over a B.A.

Alright thanks, It's just that DCU is 430 points with a good chance of it rising higher. I'll put it down and if I don't get it I'll be glad to go here regardless. I'm hoping to get into Graphic Design, any idea if CDM enables me to do this? Thanks again.

Alright thanks, It's just that DCU is 430 points with a good chance of it rising higher. I'll put it down and if I don't get it I'll be glad to go here regardless. I'm hoping to get into Graphic Design, any idea if CDM enables me to do this? Thanks again.

Both courses will allow you to get into the field of graphic design.

You can find more info on the CDM course here.

As for the DCU course, 2 of my colleagues completed that course. One works in web development, the other is a graphic designer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Where did you manage to get into as a matter of interest?

Beakflakes wrote: »
    Where did you manage to get into as a matter of interest?

Missed out on DCU by 10 points so I'm in Blanch. Love the course, really happy it's where I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Missed out on DCU by 10 points so I'm in Blanch. Love the course, really happy it's where I am.

Glad to hear it's worked out:)

Advertisement