Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Dublin Food Spots

Options
  • 26-03-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was just watching Diners Drive In's and Dives and was wondering if anyone knows any spots around Dublin that do top notch food?

Only one I can think of is GBK really.. Anyone else know any places that are worth a visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I had a 22 ounce rib eye on the bone in FXB's in temple bar a couple of weeks ago, i'd nearly say it's the nicest piece of food i've ever had in dublin...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Was just watching Diners Drive In's and Dives and was wondering if anyone knows any spots around Dublin that do top notch food?

Only one I can think of is GBK really.. Anyone else know any places that are worth a visit?

Top notch food and GBK should never be uttered in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

enda1 wrote: »

Top notch food and GBK should never be uttered in the same breath.

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Got to agree. GBK is ****in terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Hi Guys,

Are you looking for diner food or a smart restaurant, OP? Your post is confusing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Maybe if you explain what 'top-notch food' is to you, then you may get a more meaningful response from other posters.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hi Guys,

Only one?

There are over 1500 restaurants in Dubin!

For steak, how about shanahans, some of the Argentine restaurants or Bear.

check out www.menupages.ie for good listings and reviews.

Butcher grill in ranelagh, up there with the best for steak!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Astonishing that there is no proper barbecue restaurant in Dublin (meat cooked for hours in a smoker, not just slopped with sticky sauce on a grill).
    If I won the Lotto that's what I'd do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Apologies for the unclear post everyone :( So what I meant was like the types of Diners that are featured on the TV show so not restaurants, the likes of Cafe's and little bar and grills that are not as common as the likes of GBK's or TGI's (2 I personally like but fair enough if the rest of you don't) anyway hope that clears it up a bit :)

And Spurious I totally agree! That's the exact type thing I'm talking about.. Seems as if you have to live in America to eat 90% of the food they show on those shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Aussie BBQ, South Richmond Street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AsianDub wrote: »
    Aussie BBQ, South Richmond Street

Been there, didn't see a smoker. Their pulled pork is nice though - slow cooked for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

spurious wrote: »
    Been there, didn't see a smoker. Their pulled pork is nice though - slow cooked for sure.
    Did you not her of the smoking ban...

I am guessing smokers will be out the back in the kitchen.

spurious wrote: »
    Astonishing that there is no proper barbecue restaurant in Dublin (meat cooked for hours in a smoker, not just slopped with sticky sauce on a grill).
    If I won the Lotto that's what I'd do.

Asador in ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Apologies for the unclear post everyone :( So what I meant was like the types of Diners that are featured on the TV show so not restaurants, the likes of Cafe's and little bar and grills that are not as common as the likes of GBK's or TGI's (2 I personally like but fair enough if the rest of you don't) anyway hope that clears it up a bit :)

The Counter on Suffolk Street? It is a chain but there's only 2 of them in Dublin as far as I know, the other being in Dundrum I think. Much better food than GBK or TGIF.

Bóbós on Wexford Street or their new place on Dame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Counter on Suffolk Street? It is a chain but there's only 2 of them in Dublin as far as I know, the other being in Dundrum I think. Much better food than GBK or TGIF.

Bóbós on Wexford Street or their new place on Dame Street.

Not a fan of the Counter. Like everywhere in Dublin their burgers are really dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Not a fan of the Counter. Like everywhere in Dublin their burgers are really dry.

Try Jo'Burger in city centre, they cook the burgers to your liking, the juiciest burger I've had in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Galadriel wrote: »
    Try Jo'Burger in city centre, they cook the burgers to your liking, the juiciest burger I've had in Dublin.

Where in the city I thought they were in Ranalagh.

jo burger is on castle market I think. just off south William street

• Advertisement

Cheers for that is it that good.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Cheers for that is it that good.

I just like it because it means I get to decide how the burger is cooked, all the other burger places cremate them! :eek:

I have never been what kind of price range is it please.

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have never been what kind of price range is it please.

They range from about €9 to €12.50 but they have a lunch menu for €10 which includes fries.

Cheers will give them a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement