Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pawn shops DVD's

• 26-03-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi I have about 40 dvd's to sell including box sets. Does anyone know a pawn shop which offers the best price for dvd's. I know game stop are giving .35c and the one on upper william street ''cash for gold'' is offering .50c anyone know any better prices? my dvd's are in perfect condition only ever played literally once and can't believe the best price i could get would be 50c! I don't want to bother selling on ebay as it's too much hassle with shipping etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

jeez .50cent is woeful.i thought youd get at least 2 or 3 euro for a dvd.
    ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

thing is could be waiting months for them to sell on ebay, prefer to sell them and be finished

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Put them up on adverts and see how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

dorito92 wrote: »
    thing is could be waiting months for them to sell on ebay, prefer to sell them and be finished

Car boot sale?
    Adverts.ie
    Done deal as one 'lot'

If only it was allowed, you could stick a list up here and we/I'd take a few off your hands if they were only a couple of euros a pop and you were Limerick based?

You'd be mad to let em go for 35 or 50 cent a pop!

Drop us a PM if you're in Limerick with the list...

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Adverts.ie would be the best as you could sell them for say 3 euro each, or in bundles like 4 for €10.

Usually people would take a few off your hands and you could specify collection only.

• Advertisement

could i post a list here? 4 for a €10 i could do :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VividRushing

Adverts is your best bet, I tried ebay its a pain in the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ask a mod before you do that for the love of god! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just do it through adverts.ie, you don't have to set up an account as you can use your boards.ie Id.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nope, this isn't for selling stuff, Adverts is, it's free and you can use your boards account

• Advertisement

ok great didn't know I could use this account. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

in fairness those pawn shops offer little or nothing for all goods and sell at a high markup price,really taking advantage of vunerable people who badly need a few quid to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You could get a stall at the indoor car boot sale in Clondrinagh for a couple of Sundays. DVDs sell well there, but most they cost is €2 each I think. Or maybe ask the lads that sell DVDs there if they'd make you an offer?

Advertisement