Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a 2 year old dog

Options
  • 26-03-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all, I'm going to register my English setter dog with the IKC, the dog in question is over 2 years old and wondering is there an additional fee to be paid as he isn't? and do i need to become a member of the IKC to do this?

Also anyone know a good English setter bitch that may be breaking down soon? I would be looking to breed my own dog in the next year or so. The hunting line was belong to my father and can be dated back nearly 40 years so would love to keep it going.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Hi all, I'm going to register my English setter dog with the IKC, the dog in question is over 2 years old and wondering is there an additional fee to be paid as he isn't? and do i need to become a member of the IKC to do this?

Also anyone know a good English setter bitch that may be breaking down soon? I would be looking to breed my own dog in the next year or so. The hunting line was belong to my father and can be dated back nearly 40 years so would love to keep it going.

Thanks.

I don't think its possible to register an unregistered dog with the IKC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If your dog did not come with IKC papers then it cannot be registered later. The breeder registers the dogs, and send the papers out to the buyers. It is not possible, AFAIK, to register a dog of your own as there is no way to verify the lineage.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gripp

Thanks.
    In order to keep a line going you should be trying to source a bitch which is in some way related to your dog,if your father kept records and the line is good,it shouldn't be a problem finding such a bitch,and if your only interest is in producing good stock then the paper work shouldn't bother you too much

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Staloejunior

The Dam and Sire were both registered with the ikc would that affect it?? I have all their information too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Yes you do have to be a member to register a dog, it costs 10euro for annual membership, registering a pup costs 13euro but i dont know if there would be a late fee for a dog that age. usually it is the breeder that registers the dog, the dam and sire's ikc numbers are needed, the dob of the dog in question and the dog also has to be microchipped.

but i think the best thing to do is contact the kennel club, email ikenclub@indigo.ie, office number 01 4533300

• Advertisement
Advertisement