Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork belly from frozen?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭

So I was a bit late in getting dinner out of the freezer today, can you cook pork belly from frozen or would it toughen it?

If so do I have to do anything different bar leave it in longer?

Dinner suggestions welcome, I'm hungry, I'll love them all!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've never heard of it being cooked from frozen, and I've been cooking for my family for many years. We don't allow food safety advice in the Food & Drink forum for obvious reasons and I know your question is about the cooking time rather than safety, but I personally wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Sorry, I'd never considered it as a food safety issue, and I certainly wasn't looking for specific direction, I wound up slow cooking it for a very long time and it worked out great but it won't be something I'll chance again, definitely not with any other kind of meat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find the slow cooker great for the cheaper cuts of pork. Afterwards I usually brown them off in the oven for 20-30 minutes.

Advertisement