Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth not Working anymore

Options
  • 26-03-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Folks ,

Ive been looking on the net and I can see that this is a widespread problem with not a clear answer. I've done everything I can and still cant get it back.

Says that it wont work in Direct X and try GP so I try GP and all I get is the yellow borders and lines no graphics.

I've updated Direct X
    Ive updated Java
    Ive Updated my graphics driver
    I've switched off atmosphere .
    Ive uninstalled Google Earth and reinstalled. Although it didnt do a full reinstall it seemd to reinstalling it from the computer or something.

Ive emptied every cache I can find a this stage.

Dont know what else to do. It was working perfect two days ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

To be honest, I think you just need to clear the decks and uninstall it completely, then reinstall fully again. Unless there are broadband issues, which I'm assuming there are not cos you didnt mention any.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dunlaffin

How do you uninstall it completely, Johnathan?

Nah... Its definitely not uninstalling completely with the windows add remove program function .
    It only takes about 2 minutes for it to reinstall , that cant be right, should take about twenty minutes just to download the prog?

Ha ahahah ...

I got it to work.

I found a page with older versions of Google Earth on it.

http://support.google.com/earth/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=168344&topic=2376075&ctx=topic

I "uninstalled" GE and reinstalled the older version of it and it worked .

Now I will try to upgrade it back to the latest version and see does it retain functionality . Will let you know shortly.

Well.. very strange.

It will only work up to Ver. 6.2 . after that it says that direct x doesnt work.

Well, at least I have Google Earth Back.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

just guessing here but can your graffics card support the latest version of direct x?Some only support as far as direct x 9.Depends on how old the pc is

EDIT:sorry just re-read your OP and seen it was working ok

Thanks for the input Bear,

it look as as though there is something in the later version 7.02 and 7.00 that isnt supported very well by something in my set up. My set up is old. but its good enough. It strikes me as funny that Google doesnt see these things and make a note of it on their tech support to accommodate loyal Earthers.... I'd be lost without My Google Earth. If they just linked back to the Ver6.02 , it took me all day to find that link.

Anyway, all's well.

Advertisement