Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crisis - need to block an iPhone

• 26-03-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Right cut a long story short, just got a call off the gf, she left her phone with her mam. No password or anything and is very paranoid she'll read her messages. If she does...well that's another story. She's currently on a flight out of the country. Does anyone know how I could get her phone blocked? She gave me her apple ID and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Has she got the find my iPhone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Would you not pop round to her mams and tell Her Ur phone isn't working and Ur gf said you could use her phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2701

It's doable. Restore the phone earlier in iTunes/from icloud when she gets back. Assuming this has been configured....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Would you not pop round to her mams and tell Her Ur phone isn't working and Ur gf said you could use her phone?

unfortunately this isn't possible...long distance and all that jazz

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2701

It's doable. Restore the phone earlier in iTunes/from icloud when she gets back. Assuming this has been configured....

Is there anyway I can delete the whatsapp messages etc???

Cheers for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Why are you posting here? Your GF is on a plane, Get out there and roide some other moth ffs :rolleyes:

Merl1n wrote: »

Is there anyway I could turn off her phone using this link!?!?

Sorry for the questions, but if I click the find my ihpone, will it cause the phone to make a noise??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Click on lock phone and it can only be unlocked by entering a code you set or else connecting it to the iTunes it was last synced with

guil wrote: »
    Click on lock phone and it can only be unlocked by entering a code you set or else connecting it to the iTunes it was last synced with

Excellent, thanks everyone for their help. I just locked it there! Hopefully it wasn't too late!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I'd say her ma wouldn't be bothered if ye were doing a bit of sexting anyway.

brophs wrote: »
    I'd say her ma wouldn't be bothered if ye were doing a bit of sexting anyway.

ha yeahhhh I wish mate trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

nbar12 wrote: »

ha yeahhhh I wish mate trust me!

Could you not ring the guards and tell them she stole her phone. They'll get a warrant to search the house and confiscate the evidence. Problem solved with the added bonus of your future mother in law being arrested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

winston82 wrote: »
    Could you not ring the guards and tell them she stole her phone. They'll get a warrant to search the house and confiscate the evidence. Problem solved with the added bonus of your future mother in law being arrested.

Others have posted here before saying they went to the guards with the location of a stolen iPhone and were told there's nothing they could do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

what we really want to know is, what was so bad that it shouldn't be read by the oul' one? c'mon spill the beans, were you talking about ridin the oul' one? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

what we really want to know is, what was so bad that it shouldn't be read by the oul' one? c'mon spill the beans, were you talking about ridin the oul' one? :D:D

This. Dafuq did you write??

Advertisement