Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking up HP Wireless Printer

Options
  • 26-03-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Recently purchased a HP 3050A Wireless printer to allow more than one device print from the machine.
    The HP looked the best in terms of access and has a good rep, BUT....
    I have not been able to connect and print any of the required 3 devices at home without disconnecting the WiFi first. The printer doesn't seem to recognise the WiFi in the house (blue light keeps flashing).
    On line advice has me confused.

Is there any way that you can be connected to both at the same time?
    There is the e-print facility but that is not really what I am interested in using.
    Also, in the instructions they suggest that I go to the Wireless Wizard on the set up section of the Printer, but I can't get it up on the screen.
    Help.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

These printers are a nightmare. Ive done a few.
    Usually there is some software you run on the PC with the usb cable attached to the printer to do an initial setup. The PC then configures the Wifi . Once that's done you can remove the USB cable and use the Wifi.

Did you put in the CD that came with the Printer into your Computer?

Also - Pretty fool proof and easy to follow instructions can be found HERE - Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

Incidently, they mention inserting the cd into the computer, which I'm sure you have already done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alfagirl

platinums wrote: »
    Also - Pretty fool proof and easy to follow instructions can be found HERE - Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

Incidently, they mention inserting the cd into the computer, which I'm sure you have already done :D

Thank you for this. Unfortunately I won't get at this tonight.

I have tried the CD - and believe it or not my MacBook Pro OS is too advanced(!), the ASUS Transformer Pad has no drive and I didn't bother with the Apple Mac (see a non-conformist trend here?).

Looking at these instructions I think we are winning and I'll update you tomorrow.

Thanks a mill.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

alfagirl wrote: »
    Thank you for this. Unfortunately I won't get at this tonight.

I have tried the CD - and believe it or not my MacBook Pro OS is too advanced(!), the ASUS Transformer Pad has no drive and I didn't bother with the Apple Mac (see a non-conformist trend here?).

Looking at these instructions I think we are winning and I'll update you tomorrow.

Thanks a mill.

Try the latest Mac driver here for your Mac OS version, it could be your OS version is newer than the CD supports

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ReaperK

Reset the printer and attach it to your PC using the USB then install it. Then turn on the printer sharing. Finally identify your printers IP and from the web browser in your other PC enter this IP. It will install the printer’s driver. Now you can print it.

• Advertisement

ReaperK wrote: »
    Reset the printer and attach it to your PC using the USB then install it. Then turn on the printer sharing. Finally identify your printers IP and from the web browser in your other PC enter this IP. It will install the printer’s driver. Now you can print it.

Reaper, there's a few things about your post but just to point out one statement you made, "Finally identify your printers IP" How would a person with limited PC knowledge go about this. I'd imagine they would not have a clue.
    You are assuming the knowledge level of the user with out actually ascertaining it, these instructions are both vague and unhelpful. Plus this is a forum, if someone uses the search feature in a few months to figure out the same problem you wont really have helped them with out some detailed instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alfagirl

Okay, finally sorted this out. I DID find the IP address, though with a lot of searching and a fair amount of good luck, and was able to load the printer to the MacBook Pro (both wireless and USB). I was not able to load the printer to the Apple Mac as the OS was 10.4 and unsupported. Finally, using eprint, I was able to print off the ASUS Transformer Pad.
    None of this was easy, has taken 3 days and a lot of bad language!!!!
    Anyway, thanks for all your help and in put.
    Over and out!!!!

Advertisement