Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression/ gad

Options
  • 26-03-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi. I haven't posted here in a while. Have been suffering from depression/ anxiety on and off for the past 13 years. It's mostly in remission, but every couple of years I get a recurrence (mainly due to stressful life events).

I am currently seeing my 2nd CBT therapist. I'm not sure the first one and myself gelled. Or that I put in the effort required.

My therapist has recommended exercise, vitamin b, and calcium and magnesium supplements. Also, a diet high in complex carbs. I tend not to eat very healthy.

Anyway, I just want to hear other people's experience-have you gotten better, did CBT help?

This is putting a huge strain on my relationship (my boyfriend is going abroad for work for a few months).

I've been signed off work sick for 2 weeks, which is also stressing me out, as I have only recently returned from career break.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement