Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about the CAO system?

• 26-03-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Alright lads, so here's the way it is. I got 530 points in the Leaving Cert last year and I took a year out. I want to do Psychology but I did not know last year that Psychology was available in NUIG and therefore, I did not put it on my CAO form. My fear now is that the points will go up.
    Is there anyway way I could apply to the CAO and that they would judge it by the way points were last year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

No. Points are calculated as a popularity contest on a year by year basis. If there were no qualifying subjects or grades and very few people applied for the course the points would drop to whatever equates to a valid leaving cert. The competition is against everyone who wants to enter that course in that year. So comparing you to the previous years applicants could be unfair.
    However other entry routes such as mature student and graduate entry are seperate from the CAO leaving cert points race

Advertisement