Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I walked into my Garda station with every document imaginable. He said to me to come back with an official document showing what it was for. What a dumb-ass. That's total obfustication. It's finding obstacles for no good reason. It is not even by the book. I checked the details again on www.garda.ie and found you don't need that much. I live 10 minutes walk from the station, despite that, I did what it says on garda.ie, posted it around the corner and got it all within a week. I just side-stepped him.
    You did sidestep him at all. He doesnt deal with the certs, the only way is to write to the superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 optiono

Guys my entire plan for next year is focused on going to Canada via the IEC.

Have all my documentation ready, only thing is I'm in the midst of my final year exams over the next month. How long, in hours, will this whole process take? Obviously an estimation.. How long will I have to grab my visa?..say if I have an exam the same day that the visas are released, will applying in the evening give me enough time?

Literally have nightmares about not getting this visa haha. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Im going the Garda station in person in the morning have a copy of my Birth Cert and passport and stamped addressed envelope, have a feeling its not going to be straight forward process, the garda seem not to be well informed of the process with certs according to some peoples experience on this. Hope the garda im dealing with dosent make me apply through the post. Going to be big problems with the AFP cert as xmas post going to slow us down even more. Best of luck with your certs
    Did that myself the. Gardai was great told me it be out in a few days from them because there a district office

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

I walked into my Garda station with every document imaginable. He said to me to come back with an official document showing what it was for. What a dumb-ass. That's total obfustication. It's finding obstacles for no good reason. It is not even by the book. I checked the details again on www.garda.ie and found you don't need that much. I live 10 minutes walk from the station, despite that, I did what it says on garda.ie, posted it around the corner and got it all within a week. I just side-stepped him.

I have just walked out of Tallaght Garda Station with no progress as the garda informed me that i would need proof that the certificate was for the purpose i asked. i explained that the IEC is a first come first served visa and i was told i need sombody from the embasy to come in with me and prove it. Was no point explaining anymore so i just walked out. I am just going to post it to the station. In my envelope i have a copy of my Birth Cert, Passport, hand written letter to the District Superintendent and the IEC FAQ on Police Certificate's, and my stamed address envelope to addressed to me, Did you include anything else when you posted it. Dont understand why the Garda would think id walk in of the streand wait 30min and pretend im going to Canada just for a piece of paper to say i have no criminal record :confused:

adamski8 wrote: »
    You did sidestep him at all. He doesnt deal with the certs, the only way is to write to the superintendent.

Nope really depends on the garda ya get on the hatch the guy I handed my application into today was. Rather helpfully said ir should only be a few days too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

^^ Crocodile buddy, I'm glad I put up my post. It will be useful to anyone that comes across that obstacle in a Garda station.

You probably already seen it but here's the Garda cert list on their website:
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

Yep, post it off and you should have it within a week hopefully. :)

adamski8 wrote: »

Nope, lots of people in IEC 2013 walked in with papers and collected it in person a couple of days later.

^^ Crocodile buddy, I'm glad I put up my post. It will be useful to anyone that comes across that obstacle in a Garda station.

You probably already seen it but here's the Garda cert list on their website:
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

Yep, post it off and you should have it within a week hopefully. :)

Just going to post it, that way the the Superintendent gets it to his desk im sure he has a bag of these letters this time every year, some of the guards that work the front desk look fresh out of Templemore and dont seem to know the process. Best of luck with the rest of your visa process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Can i pay using an Australian bank account as I do not have any Irish bank account anymore?

How exactly does one pay? online bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Quick question, my girlfriend is starting a course in Jan '14, will she be able to "add" this to her CV when she's completed the course ?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

We are expecting it open between now and 'early December'. Watch this site daily, the visas go fast. Good luck.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Thanks, I'll keep a good eye on that site.

I see lots of talk about garda letters etc, is this for next years visa?

jozi wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll keep a good eye on that site.

I see lots of talk about garda letters etc, is this for next years visa?

It's for 2014 yep. The latest info. we've been given is that it will open 'early December or before' so we're checking the Canadian embassy here daily. If it does open up now that's 2 months earlier than it was for 2013.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Where's the info on the required document, all I can find is that I need a passport scanned and up to date cv.

Or are all the other documents for a later stage, after IEC application?

jozi wrote: »
    Where's the info on the required document, all I can find is that I need a passport scanned and up to date cv.

Or are all the other documents for a later stage, after IEC application?

yes passport and cv (canadian style) are all you need to open Kompass account worry, the police certs are for the second phase. Just make sure they are not older than 3 months when you submit them, hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I don't think the CV makes a huge difference to be honest. You upload the CV when you apply at the second stage, and I don't think you can change the uploaded CV, but seriously doubt that having a specific course on it would make any difference to the approval process.

It's listed as one of the required documents for stage 1 - IEC assessment, but I agree that it's unlikely to be that important. I've never heard of problems related to it.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/required-requis.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What should I upload the CV as? As a word document or PDF?

Augmerson wrote: »
    What should I upload the CV as? As a word document or PDF?

Pdf because it's more the 2 pages

I have just walked out of Tallaght Garda Station with no progress as the garda informed me that i would need proof that the certificate was for the purpose i asked. i explained that the IEC is a first come first served visa and i was told i need sombody from the embasy to come in with me and prove it. Was no point explaining anymore so i just walked out. I am just going to post it to the station. In my envelope i have a copy of my Birth Cert, Passport, hand written letter to the District Superintendent and the IEC FAQ on Police Certificate's, and my stamed address envelope to addressed to me, Did you include anything else when you posted it. Dont understand why the Garda would think id walk in of the streand wait 30min and pretend im going to Canada just for a piece of paper to say i have no criminal record :confused:

I applied for my cert there yesterday in the station garda just took the paper and the application and got it this morning was surprised literally 18 hours was all it took

I applied for my cert there yesterday in the station garda just took the paper and the application and got it this morning was surprised literally 18 hours was all it took

It seem's some people are lucky in the Garda that they deal with, 18 hours thats a great response fair play, i posted mind to the Superintendent so fingers crossed, At least for stage one police certificares are not needed so that takes a bit of pressure off :)

• Advertisement

It seem's some people are lucky in the Garda that they deal with, 18 hours thats a great response fair play, i posted mind to the Superintendent so fingers crossed, At least for stage one police certificares are not needed so that takes a bit of pressure off :)

Sure I'm only Down the rd crocodile I applied to crumlin village yeah the garda said to me shouldnt take long. I was like it says 3 weeks on the site. He was like nah lol seems he was right lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Claire 22

Hi, Im waiting on Kompass to open i have all my documnets uploaded and ready on my computer. I am just wondering can I go ahead and create my CIC account or do I have to wait untill I recieve my letter to proceed forward??

Claire 22 wrote: »
    Hi, Im waiting on Kompass to open i have all my documnets uploaded and ready on my computer. I am just wondering can I go ahead and create my CIC account or do I have to wait untill I recieve my letter to proceed forward??

You have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Ann2905 wrote: »
    Same!!Sent off for ours Friday..just hoping its really quiet in the passport office and we get them on time!!

Mine was printed today. So they seem to be really fast this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

Just regarding Stage one Application...

When you are asked to pay, do you just copy the transaction receipt from your online banking account, and upload it.
    Cause If you asked the bank for a copy? How long would that take in them returning?....

Also for your passport do you have to upload the pages with 'stamps'? Does this mean the pages with old entry and exit stamps from various countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Yea basically something like you said. When you have the conditional letter you can start the CIC part and that can take a few weeks before you hear back. I only had a 14 day wait but others have been waiting over 20 odd days.

Do it yourself, DO NOT GO THROUGH A 3RD PARTY. Its pretty easy process once you get your head around it.

As said above get your gardi cert at start of Jan or late Dec and you should be fine.

For the CIC part the only pain I had was with the Photo, it drove me mad but in the end I finally got it.

Theirs a thread below this one regarding the red seal exam in calgary, it might be worth a read:D:D

After having gone through the process already, I would agree with this, but for a first timer, for the sake of €300, it provides a pretty reliable safety net in case you make any mistakes, dont know what is going on, have any questions about the process etc...

Once you register, if that your place in the que? Or is it not until you;ve paid up and submitted the required details you get your place?

madma wrote: »
    Jaysus that's mad. Would ya believe that was the same day that we were trying to upload the details as I worked out the oz v irish time when it happened.

Having a crap time trying to get things sorted, had to go back to the Garda station. 3 times, that ones all sent off and no word on it yet.

AFP website is back online for ozzie police cert's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keeperlit3025

Im I better of going with visa first or just go with go4less and pay €75 register fee to apply for my visa?

• Advertisement

Im I better of going with visa first or just go with go4less and pay €75 register fee to apply for my visa?

Just apply yourself process isn't to complex

Advertisement