Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

Yippee no. 1785 :D
    Is it weird that I got a huge adrenaline rush from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

astonaidan wrote: »
    Just going to give a shout out to who ever said to fill in the sections on tuesday, you have just saved me :D

I was one of those people that mentioned that and I didnt get in :( but i made a very stupid mistake that will not happen in round 2. I WILL MAKE IT TO CANADA!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I think round 2 will go as quick if not quicker. People will hear that it went in 10 minutes and people who were on the fence about applying will go for it. Got number 122, delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Just going to give a shout out to who ever said to fill in the sections on tuesday, you have just saved me :D

Yep hats off to whoever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Galaxy191 wrote: »
    i thought we would have had to submit passport and cv before submitting??? Please tell me i didnt miss that?????

Looks like you messed up :pac:

NOT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

3850 my math was terrible

Ah well close enough! Her brother was doing it for her and is rattling here! 4 people went only three got it. Fingers crossed for round two for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Devastated, was able to select the program and complete that section but stupidly decided to do a sanity check and the section was unselected when I came out . I know what to do next time!

I did the same. :(
    ****test website ever! I went back in to check the dob etc & it disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xChrisx

2376 at 20.04, that was a big rush and nothing happened,delighted I made the cut,thanks to all the people who posted here the info really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Is it very likely that the last few digits on the WTN is your place?

I got .......
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Toronto wrote: »
    Some of my friends are already getting their messages requesting payment and documents! How efficient.

They have the message in the my messages section? already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

Pints I'd say lads

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

1778 at 8.04... seems about right seeing as they were snapped up in 8 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xChrisx

Are people getting messages already??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I filled in the working holiday part then clicked 'complete' it brought me back to the main page as 'incomplete' and I had to do it again. Had enough time to get 1730 so alls good.

For a site that just got absolutely hammered it held up well, can have no complaints about the system IEC use.

Is it very likely that the last few digits on the WTN is your place?

I got .......
    :D

Let us all know when they request for your documents or payment or whatever so we know when it's coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Everyone going off drinking and me worrying till I get a email saying to pay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thedeiseman

1950 :)

So does that mean a place is held for you to submit your documents and fee
    or is that another race?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Guys did anyone else receive an email? Someone mentioned they did but I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Smellysack wrote: »
    I made a very stupid mistake that will not happen in round 2. I WILL MAKE IT TO CANADA!! :D

What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

sjapok wrote: »
    You know the process. You're guaranteed one in the second round on the 29th March.

Best of luck mate.

I've an awful feeling the 29th is going to be gone even quicker.......Totally deflated. Wish I could be excited!! I'm stuck in the middle, feel bad for himself, feel great that its at least half over!! I'm dreading telling him, honestly thought we'd be celebrating this weekend.

Any official word on how quick they went?

Are you meant to receive a confirmation email afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

I did the same. :(
    ****test website ever! I went back in to check the dob etc & it disappeared.

The dob and stuff on that page seems to just be an extra check that it's really you updating it (similar to how many websites ask you to enter your passwords to change certain profile information, even if you are already logged in).

That's what I think anyway. I selected working holiday, clicked complete, panicked a little and went back to check it. Like you, the dob and everything was empty for me when I went back, but I realised it didn't matter and since it was complete I just went and submitted it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Smellysack wrote: »
    I was one of those people that mentioned that and I didnt get in :( but i made a very stupid mistake that will not happen in round 2. I WILL MAKE IT TO CANADA!! :D

ah sad for u ....but u will get it in round 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

1950 :)

So does that mean a place is held for you to submit your documents and fee
    or is that another race?

The number you have been provided technically is temporary. If you don't have it payed in 10 days then you lose it.

The email that will be sent your kompass "My messages" section within 48 hours will provide further information for what you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

folks i`m trying to figure this out. if you got a number after a whp. does that mean you`ve got one????

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

gg2 wrote: »
    I've an awful feeling the 29th is going to be gone even quicker.......Totally deflated. Wish I could be excited!! I'm stuck in the middle, feel bad for himself, feel great that its at least half over!! I'm dreading telling him, honestly thought we'd be celebrating this weekend.

Is there any chance you could go for the young professionals category?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barrydarcy

I got the message "The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative is not open for the Working holiday category. Please refer to the IEC Website for the status of the quota."

Which category do I select?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

2602 after 4 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boarding97

wow, that was to close for comfort! DONE, number 2785 and i was refreshing from 7:45...phew!
    In a little state of shock they went to fast...delighted..but wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

That was crazy.Such a panic.Scared I selected the wrong category but am I right in thinking that the WHP in the tracking number stands for working holiday program?

Advertisement