Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

anyone get a message yet asking for payment and to upload the documents.....please let us know when u do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Is there any chance you could go for the young professionals category?

I'm just thinking that now myself. If round 2 doesn't go for us, he has a friend working on a ...... emm....... mine?? Or something - I know I'm a disaster!! But anyway thats where he is hoping to go, if he doesn't get round 2 I think that is the next best option. He's working til 10, no phone or anything so just waiting to hear from him to tell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I wonder if visa first and the other conmen got many of their customers in. I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

1950 :)

So does that mean a place is held for you to submit your documents and fee
    or is that another race?

I too want to know the answer to this - do we all have a place sor sure unless we decide not to pay when we're prompted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

So what is the story with that verification part? Cos I went in & checked it & it was deleted. So I went in & out 3 times. So annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

no sorry , i ment 15?? as in 1500 odd. cant remember exact maybe, 1545 or 1565 or something.... sorry for confusion....maybe i should have said 15##

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

**For those who got in**

You'll be sent an email to your "My messages" section in your Kompass account.

It will tell you want to do next so just relax for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Agro Head wrote: »
    I wonder if visa first and the other conmen got many of their customers in. I doubt it.

Will be so interesting to find out. I had so many friends pushing me to go with some of that crowd for convenience but I just enjoy doing this kinda thing myself - stressful as it is its nice to say you done it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

ravingitup wrote: »
    I too want to know the answer to this - do we all have a place sor sure unless we decide not to pay when we're prompted?

Everyone, no need to fret. IF you have a number then you are guaranteed a place provided that you upload the required documents (resume/passport) within 10 days of recieving a message to your my messages inbox.

Time to chill :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Goose81

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    **For those who got in**

You'll be sent an email to your "My messages" section in your Kompass account.

It will tell you want to do next so just relax for now.

have you received this email yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone who got sub 3850 on the WHP reference, chill.
    You should relax, and neck a bottle of vino, you deserve it! Patiently wait approx 48 hours for payment instructions, until then; make sure your resume & passport scan are in PDF format and sit back and soak up the glow of a successful submission. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Man I'd say the third party places are gonna have a lot of explaining to do, no way did they get everyones in in that time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

gg2 wrote: »
    I've an awful feeling the 29th is going to be gone even quicker.......Totally deflated. Wish I could be excited!! I'm stuck in the middle, feel bad for himself, feel great that its at least half over!! I'm dreading telling him, honestly thought we'd be celebrating this weekend.

Any official word on how quick they went?

Are you meant to receive a confirmation email afterwards?

Don't be too deflated yet. They'll still accept applications for a while after the second round is up, because not all those who applied will not be successful, many others will drop out. Going on here last year a LOT of people still ended up getting visas who missed the initial rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Marko10 wrote: »
    That was crazy.Such a panic.Scared I selected the wrong category but am I right in thinking that the WHP in the tracking number stands for working holiday program?
    You just nearly gave me a heart attack, i looked at my code and it started with WTN

Goose81 wrote: »
    have you received this email yet?

Not yet.

On your confirmation page, it says this:

All correspondence regarding your application must now be done through the "My Messages" section. It is your responsibility to check the “My Messages” section regularly.

You have to wait for the email, so just relax for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

having a mini panic attack now because someone on this thread is claiming they got the same WTN as me. Freaking out imagining situations where the IEC messed up and assigned us both the same number and it will mess up my application. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

sjapok wrote: »
    Everyone, no need to fret. IF you have a number then you are guaranteed a place provided that you upload the required documents (resume/passport) within 10 days of recieving a message to your my messages inbox.

Time to chill :-)

Thanks sjapok! I just went back and re-read your guess that they'd go in 2 hours. I remember thinking at the time that that's probably right. Amazing how fast they went!

nicolo wrote: »
    Man I'd say the third party places are gonna have a lot of explaining to do, no way did they get everyones in in that time frame

Said the exact same thing a minute ago. There'd be war if they took my money and didn't get me a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

I cant relax cause I didnt get to check my details 200 times. Hope dob etc is done right! Can anyone review application? Won't let me review...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

well i am gutted, had it all set up ready to go, selected working holiday visa, put in my email address etc.... but...... decided to double check my details on the other sections...... big mistake.......

so round 2 is 29 march??

seriously did not think they would go that quickly!!

congrats to all who got it though

I'm jealous!

• Advertisement

john_jobin wrote: »
    having a mini panic attack now because someone on this thread is claiming they got the same WTN as me. Freaking out imagining situations where the IEC messed up and assigned us both the same number and it will mess up my application. :(

That's then their fault and not yours man. It would be up to them to fix it, not you..so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rip It Up

I logged in at 8:01pm exactly, glanced over everything I'd completed yesterday went to select the visa type and it said the Working Holiday one wasn't available yet. Refreshed a few times, then re-logged in at light speed, and it said they were gone. Did this happen to anyone else??? It was about 8:03 when it said they weren't available.

I'm about to flood Vancouver with my tears.
    If round one went before people with everything filled in could hit submit, I haven't got high hopes for round two..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 podger9

@ GrumPY

Why PDF? word should suffice yes,no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xChrisx

I can confirm I haven't received a message yet but I do have a number and my application has been submitted, so I guess people are getting messages at different times.

Sold out faster than that creep Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

john_jobin wrote: »

If you mean the quote below, then I imagine they meant 1015, not 15. If those were the actual numbers, it wouldn't be 'milliseconds' between them, it'd be more like 2/3 minutes.

Hope that helps you relax a little :P, good luck with the next stage :)
    gccrowley1 wrote: »
    i was 1064 and my oh 15?? , literally milli seconds between both of use clicking..... me on laptop her on desktop... all filled in just waiting ..... this beer is going down a treat..... thanks for all the tips and if anybody didnt get it i really hope ye get round two.....

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Someone pointed out a few days ago that USIT don't actually submit your application for you. The FAQs say you MUST submit it on your own which is what USIT make you do.

Which means that USIT won't be accountable :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

xChrisx wrote: »
    I can confirm I haven't received a message yet but I do have a number and my application has been submitted, so I guess people are getting messages at different times.

im the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Does anyone else's number say 'DUBLN', missing the I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    Second round is on the 29th.

I'd advise you to do more research to be better prepared.

One of my best friends just missed out-not through ill preparation but through rotten luck. She's currently in tears.

Check your freakin attitude.

Advertisement