Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

astonaidan wrote: »
    You just nearly gave me a heart attack, i looked at my code and it started with WTN

Haha,sorry about that!I was so jumpy when i was doing it.Needn't have panicked though.Just realised that it wouldn't be possible to have my WTN in any of the other categories cause so few places have gone.I need a drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

john_jobin wrote: »
    having a mini panic attack now because someone on this thread is claiming they got the same WTN as me. Freaking out imagining situations where the IEC messed up and assigned us both the same number and it will mess up my application. :(

If you got 15 then its yours cos the other poster said he said 15 but meant 1500 ! look back on thread to be sure....but nearly 100% sure I saw that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 turq10

missed it, raging, must have missed it by only a minute or two....I'd love to know how many people signed up for the accounts to try get it, maybe 20,000 to 30,000? My gosh that really would put the media and government "spin" that our economy is supposedly improving down the toilet.

Can somebody also clarify, I thought you could submit your application anyways and if someone else pulls out down the line you might still be offered a place?

Totally gutted, but congrats to those who got it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

ciaran12 wrote: »
    If you mean the quote below, then I imagine they meant 1015, not 15. If those were the actual numbers, it wouldn't be 'milliseconds' between them, it'd be more like 2/3 minutes.

Hope that helps you relax a little :P, good luck with the next stage :)

You prob didn't get a chance to read the earlier post which basically said that 15?? meant "one thousand five hundred and something" but he wasn't sure what the something was...not the number 15 :-)

So everything is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Waited for the Visas to come online tonight and in 5 minutes the visas were gone.............what a disappointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

john_jobin wrote: »
    having a mini panic attack now because someone on this thread is claiming they got the same WTN as me. Freaking out imagining situations where the IEC messed up and assigned us both the same number and it will mess up my application. :(

i presume your talking about me, my wife got 1546.....i previously posted this

"no sorry , i ment 15?? as in 1500 odd. cant remember exact maybe, 1545 or 1565 or something.... sorry for confusion....maybe i should have said 15##"

but it was only a quick reply and with all the post you may have missed it...

let me know if it was me....

and sorry for worrying ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Ok so somebody who got 1- please tell me what is the deal with that Applicant validation part?? I filled mine in- I went out and all the ticks were green, went back in to double check & that part was blank.. So I went back & did it again.. By the time I hit submit at 8.07 they were gone. ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

One of my best friends just missed out-not through ill preparation but through rotten luck. She's currently in tears.

Check your freakin attitude.

I just explained that it was taken up the wrong way. Read some more posts before you shoot one off at me. There's round 2 aswell! No need to fret yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

wonder how long we will be waiting will it be the full 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

id say the flights have shot up ridiculously.

who has theirs booked!!??? never mind stage 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Ok so somebody who got 1- please tell me what is the deal with that Applicant validation part?? I filled mine in- I went out and all the ticks were green, went back in to double check & that part was blank.. So I went back & did it again.. By the time I hit submit at 8.07 they were gone. ffs.

That's where i messed up. that was just to confirm that it was you. Don't double check and just go for it next time :) thats what happened to me and I learned from this mistake. I will get my place on the 15th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 turq10

Rip It Up wrote: »
    I logged in at 8:01pm exactly, glanced over everything I'd completed yesterday went to select the visa type and it said the Working Holiday one wasn't available yet. Refreshed a few times, then re-logged in at light speed, and it said they were gone. Did this happen to anyone else??? It was about 8:03 when it said they weren't available.

I'm about to flood Vancouver with my tears.
    If round one went before people with everything filled in could hit submit, I haven't got high hopes for round two..

Are you for real? It went that quick? Feel sorry for you, I didnt get it either....so so pissed off,

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Hope the first 1000 get word tonight :p so I can relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rustee

If your WTN number was over 3,850, say 3,855 does that mean you have to submit your application again when round two opens up or do you just have to wait until round two opens up to receive the email about payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

It doesn't matter though, doesn't it not? I mean, you've got in - you can't lose your place now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Rustee wrote: »
    If your WTN number was over 3,850, say 3,855 does that mean you have to submit your application again when round two opens up or do you just have to wait until round two opens up to receive the email about payment?

Is your number above 3850? and did you get an 'Application Receipt Confirmation' screen after submitting?

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    **For those who got in**

You'll be sent an email to your "My messages" section in your Kompass account.

It will tell you want to do next so just relax for now.

I have to say thanks Teddi....you have been the voice of reason & calm....Great for this thread :)

ravingitup wrote: »
    It doesn't matter though, doesn't it not? I mean, you've got in - you can't lose your place now! :)

nope id just like to pay now lol now im getting impatient lol :p

Wow, what a dilemma. If i were this person then I would
    (a) Hope they get a place in round 1 if people retract their applications
    (b) Apply for round 2 using a different email address and Kompass login which is perfectly allowed

Also, I won't be the person driving up the price of flights to Canada. Am not going to Canada until March 2015 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Does anyone know when the next round is?

ckgirl wrote: »
    I have to say thanks Teddi....you have been the voice of reason & calm....Great for this thread :)

You're welcome :)

nope id just like to pay now lol now im getting impatient lol :p

glad you got a place goingit.. been following this post since end of November and posting since Feb. I got place too but like you want to pay and upload docs...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

dooroy wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next round is?

Unofficial/unconfirmed 29th March

ckgirl wrote: »
    glad you got a place goingit.. been following this post since end of November and posting since Feb. I got place too but like you want to pay and upload docs...:)

likewise it seems all the thread regulars got in !

I'm just checking for a friend, he said his number was just over the 3,850. He said he got the application receipt confirmation screen

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

Congrats to all who managed it! :) Quick question about the cv. How close does it have to be to the template?

I'm just checking for a friend, he said his number was just over the 3,850. He said got the application receipt confirmation screen

Rustee, if you go here..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Canadian-Immigration-Centre/154674707978462

If you ask a question on their wall, they're usually really quick in getting back to you. There's rumours that those given a number beyond the allocated amount will be automatically put into the 2nd round entries, but it's just a rumour for now.

Try asking on their facebook page, they might know!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

So for the cv upload part: Do ye have brackets around everything?

• Advertisement

Thanks Teddi

Advertisement