Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Congrats to all who managed it! :) Quick question about the cv. How close does it have to be to the template?

This is a common question which I wish they were more clear about on the IEC page. From what I know, aslong as it's exactly what they ask, you're fine.

Making it look like a 100% embellished CV is not the goal. I think it's to show that you are serious about finding work given the information you'll put in it. Personal details, education and work experience and volunteer work (I just made a heading "Volunteer Work" and put "none" underneath as I've not done any yet.), and that's all.

Everything else is just "fluff" really. Four Categories in the template form and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Absolutely freaked! Was on a friends computer and it was painfully slow, i had everything else filled in and completed bar the visa category and by the time i got the refresh the screen again at about 8:05 they were gone!! That is mental! :(:(:(

Couldn't be more upset! Clearly i am not the only person in a mad rush to get out of here! This second round will give me a an anxiety attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

Rip It Up wrote: »
    I logged in at 8:01pm exactly, glanced over everything I'd completed yesterday went to select the visa type and it said the Working Holiday one wasn't available yet. Refreshed a few times, then re-logged in at light speed, and it said they were gone. Did this happen to anyone else??? It was about 8:03 when it said they weren't available.

I'm about to flood Vancouver with my tears.
    If round one went before people with everything filled in could hit submit, I haven't got high hopes for round two..

ya happened to me too gutted....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xChrisx

My mate got offered his last year after a few people dropped out,there's always round 2 for those who haven't got in yet. From what I've read people who logged in before me didnt get through so it practically came down to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

tks Guest 124

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Delighted thats done. Myself and my OH submitted on 2 different laptops at the exact same time and there was still at least 50 places between us. Cant get over the fact that they went in 7 or 8 mins. Very impressed that the website deatl with it so well.

Dissappointed for everyone who didn't get it especially those who were so prepared. But you know what to do on the 29th so dont give up yet :)

Those who didnt fill out the Kompass application in advance or had sh*** internet had no chance at all.

**Those worried about round 2**

Be already logged in.

There was a theory you'd be kicked off the server when it went live, but you weren't. I got mine and I didn't log out. I was logged in since 7:50 and just hit refresh once at 8:01.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

what will happen to the other places in the other 2 categories??

still loads of them left

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

I got my place, no 278, downloaded my application and realised i put down my place of birth as Co.Cork not Cork,which it is in my passport,can this be changed after I get my letter of acceptance?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

mine has changed from Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 4:03 PM when i completed the application to

Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 4:52 PM.... and now the view application button works and i can download a pdf of it..... so they are defo working on it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Goose81

rambo85 wrote: »
    I got my place, no 278, downloaded my application and realised i put down my place of birth as Co.Cork not Cork,which it is in my passport,can this be changed after I get my letter of acceptance?

doubt that will matter.

Smellysack wrote: »
    I will get my place on the 15th :)

Please tell me they are not going to do the next round on Sunday when half the country will be out on a mad one!
    ck24 wrote: »
    Dissappointed for everyone who didn't get it especially those who were so prepared. But you know what to do on the 29th so dont give up yet :)

Where is this date the 29th coming from that would suit me a lot better! That's unbelievable how quick they went!

Congrats to all who managed to get one! I wish i could be happier about it for everyone but i'm seriously bummed about not getting one myself! Snowboarding for a season is looking a little further out of reach now if its going to be just as manic again next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    mine has changed from Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 4:03 PM when i completed the application to

Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 4:52 PM.... and now the view application button works and i can download a pdf of it..... so they are defo working on it.....

mine changed too so they are indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Please tell me they are not going to do the next round on Sunday when half the country will be out on a mad one!

Where is this date the 29th coming from that would suit me a lot better! That's unbelievable how quick they went!

Congrats to all who managed to get one! I wish i could be happier about it for everyone but i'm seriously bummed about not getting one myself! Snowboarding for a season is looking a little further out of reach now if its going to be just as manic again next time!

That date of the 29th came from the IEC or ICAN facebook page, I didn't see it myself but thats what others said. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

does your passport and passport pics defo have to be in pdf format?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭kg703

Was training tonight had everything ready to go my partner was putting then both in, he got his and went for mine and gone. Knew it would be quick but god. On a weekend away on the 29th but will make sure to click that button. Really freaked out now that I might not get it..... Told himself he's not allowed go without me haha

chezwahum wrote: »

nope pdf is about the best tho because its more secure and well not can be edited or shifted when its opened on a different computer or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

nope pdf is about the best tho because its more secure and well not can be edited or shifted when its opened on a different computer or whatever

ah cool thanks i have my cv in wordpad and my passport pics scanned off my phone is there any size rules they are only small like 36 kb each

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    i presume your talking about me, my wife got 1546.....i previously posted this

"no sorry , i ment 15?? as in 1500 odd. cant remember exact maybe, 1545 or 1565 or something.... sorry for confusion....maybe i should have said 15##"

but it was only a quick reply and with all the post you may have missed it...

let me know if it was me....

and sorry for worrying ye

This makes so happy haha

passport and passport pics?? I thought all you needed to upload to begin with is a copy of your passport and the CV?

• Advertisement

ah cool thanks i have my cv in wordpad and my passport pics scanned off my phone is there any size rules they are only small like 36 kb each

5 mb or something to that effect so yours are well under !

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Just a quick question, when we get the message, whenever that is, how long once we receive the message do we have to upload our documents and pay the fee? Like, if i get the message at 1am and im in bed, is it ok until 9am before i go to work to upload them and pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Durag wrote: »
    Just a quick question, when we get the message, whenever that is, how long once we receive the message do we have to upload our documents and pay the fee? Like, if i get the message at 1am and im in bed, is it ok until 9am before i go to work to upload them and pay?

You've ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

It says mine is locked do I have to wait a bit for it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

ok before the mad rush at 8 someone said that the name on your cv had to be as per your passport is this right? I have my cv ready and pdf'd but should I change my name to include my middle name?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

ckgirl wrote: »
    ok before the mad rush at 8 someone said that the name on your cv had to be as per your passport is this right? I have my cv ready and pdf'd but should I change my name to include my middle name?

I read that too and changed mine but tbh it probably doesnt matter? No harm in being over the top safe tho haha

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Surely them flappy headed Canadians are all away home for the evening, offices empty?

Probably start to get the letters through 1/2pm Irish time tomorrow.

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Surely them flappy headed Canadians are all away home for the evening, offices empty?

Probably start to get the letters through 1/2pm Irish time tomorrow.

It's 5:29pm over there now..

They might be working a bit longer given the day that it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 petemacdee

Well folks, I missed out on a place this round. I just found this thread and realised that you all had your Kompass accounts pre-filled, ready to hit submit. Smart. I'll be ready for the next round.

I have a question about the country of birth. I have a Northern Ireland birth certificate so obviously I have Irish citizenship (and an Irish passport). But, for the purposes of Kompass is my country of birth Ireland or the UK?

Thanks a million, and congrats to everyone who got a place in the first round!

Advertisement