Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

petemacdee wrote: »
    Well folks, I missed out on a place this round. I just found this thread and realised that you all had your Kompass accounts pre-filled, ready to hit submit. Smart. I'll be ready for the next round.

I have a question about the country of birth. I have a Northern Ireland birth certificate so obviously I have Irish citizenship (and an Irish passport). But, for the purposes of Kompass is my country of birth Ireland or the UK?

Thanks a million, and congrats to everyone who got a place in the first round!

In the same boat, I put down place of birth UK and citizenship Irish...hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse somehow. Got my place in this round though so will let you know how it goes haha

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

ckgirl wrote: »
    ok before the mad rush at 8 someone said that the name on your cv had to be as per your passport is this right? I have my cv ready and pdf'd but should I change my name to include my middle name?

Would we really have to include our middle name?.. Im an idiot and never saved a word doc of my "resume" only the pdf and so il have to format everything again which is just annoying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petemacdee

Sloth89 wrote: »
    In the same boat, I put down place of birth UK and citizenship Irish...hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse somehow

Cheers, that was my gut instinct. I'm glad someone else is experiencing the same identity crisis. Hopefully the Canadians are sympathetic to our odd little country.

I also travelled to Canada on the SWAP program on my UK passport in 2003 so I hope that doesn't complicate things further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Ok so can somebody who got one tell me how to do it lol.
    Did ye wait til 8 to log in or did ye refresh?
    Click the category, pick whv , fill in that section at the bottom validation or whatever,.. go back to main page & submit.

I did all this - but like a fool went in to check my dob in the last section & it was gone. I am so upset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Sloth89 wrote: »
    In the same boat, I put down place of birth UK and citizenship Irish...hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse somehow. Got my place in this round though so will let you know how it goes haha

Strange, I from the north and would never claim that my place of birth is UK. Even in my address I would never put down 'northern' Ireland or the UK, its always Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Omg can't believe it,The first quota is totally gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Phoenix wrote: »
    As part of stage one of the application process to participate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative, you will be required to submit a scanned or electronic copy of the following documents to IEC Kompass. The designated IEC office will review these documents to assess your eligibility to participate in IEC. You may be requested to submit additional documents later in the process.
    Required documents:
    A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.
    A complete and up-to-date version of your curriculum vitae (résumé). Your résumé format must follow the IEC résumé template.

Additional documents for the YOUNG PROFESSIONALS category:
    photocopy(ies) of your university degree, diploma and/or certificates, if applicable.
    a copy of your signed letter of offer or contract of employment from a Canadian employer. This letter or contract must include the following details: the Canadian employer’s name, address and other relevant contact information; the job title of the position being offered; and a description of the job duties and terms of employment, including rate of pay, normal hours of work, and duration of the employment contract.
    A justification letter explaining the link between the pre-arranged contract of employment in Canada and the employment/academic history.
    Additional documents for the INTERNATIONAL CO-OP (INTERNSHIP) category:
    a proof of registration at a post-secondary educational institution in ireland
    a copy of your signed letter of offer or contract for a work placement or internship position in Canada. This letter or contract must include the following details: the Canadian employer’s name, address and other relevant contact information; the job title of the position being offered; and a description of the job duties and terms of employment, including rate of pay, normal work hours, and duration of the employment contract.

Yeah this is exactly what i was going by, i have a colour pdf copy of my passport and a CV done according to the requested template but i don't see any mention of needing copies of additional passport photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Omg can't believe it,The first quota is totally gone
    where ya lucky enough to get in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Ok so can somebody who got one tell me how to do it lol.
    Did ye wait til 8 to log in or did ye refresh?
    Click the category, pick whv , fill in that section at the bottom validation or whatever,.. go back to main page & submit.

I did all this - but like a fool went in to check my dob in the last section & it was gone. I am so upset :(

Well how I did it was had my email, password, and t&c box ticked. Then at 8 exactly I clicked log in, went to iec category, clicked the whv and filled in my details (had to do this twice cos refreshed or something on me, panic stations!), clicked save, then clicked submit application.

I double checked the other parts of my application earlier today so I wouldnt need to check again when I logged in at 8.

someone said you could be logged in before 8 and then just click refresh once the quota opened.

hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petemacdee

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Strange, I from the north and would never claim that my place of birth is UK. Even in my address I would never put down 'northern' Ireland or the UK, its always Ireland.

I guess we can legally claim either. I think I'll go with Ireland for this application but I'm sure UK is completely fine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

where ya lucky enough to get in ?

No I need a new passport,goin to apply at the second quota on the 29th.did u get in mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    This is a common question which I wish they were more clear about on the IEC page. From what I know, aslong as it's exactly what they ask, you're fine.

Making it look like a 100% embellished CV is not the goal. I think it's to show that you are serious about finding work given the information you'll put in it. Personal details, education and work experience and volunteer work (I just made a heading "Volunteer Work" and put "none" underneath as I've not done any yet.), and that's all.

Everything else is just "fluff" really. Four Categories in the template form and you'll be fine.
    Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Silvio67 wrote: »

****balls so would I normally but I queried it with a few people before submitting and they reckoned UK (on technicality). Shouldn't matter as stipulation of visa is that you are an Irish passport holder (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I ran into issues getting the Laptop connected to my mates Internet but got it sorted thankfully....

Anyway I'm number 3672 :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

ck24 wrote: »
    Well how I did it was had my email, password, and t&c box ticked. Then at 8 exactly I clicked log in, went to iec category, clicked the whv and filled in my details (had to do this twice cos refreshed or something on me, panic stations!), clicked save, then clicked submit application.

I double checked the other parts of my application earlier today so I wouldnt need to check again when I logged in at 8.

someone said you could be logged in before 8 and then just click refresh once the quota opened.

hope that helps!

Same here although I was already logged in before 8 and it froze so I closed it down and logged back in at 8 on the dot.

Had to do it twice as well because of the refresh thing!

Only thing that would speed things up would be having your email address copied so you can just paste it into the box. You also have to confirm your date of birth in the yyyy-mm-dd format and enter your password to submit so make sure you don't have some over complicated password.

And good luck to everyone next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

ck24 wrote: »

hope that helps!

Exactly what I did.. but I went in & re-checked the dob & it was gone.. so I didnt want to submit an incomplete section..
    It was ticked green though but the info had disappeared.. Unbelievable. I hate that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

If ur name is wrong on the application is there any way to fix it or is ur place gone? I know I'm a complete idiot. Bright side... Someone might get my freed place if I'm booted off for it. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I ran into issues getting the Laptop connected to my mates Internet but got it sorted thankfully....

great...huge sigh that the number is inside quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Can anybody confirm they did or did not get any messages back yet, or any changes......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I got in, thankfully. No 1136. :)

One of my best mates didn't make it. Her boyfriend got one. She's very distressed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

I cannot believe that, absolutely heartbroken. I've been preparing since October, at the laptop all day and logged in on time checked the box and when I went to hit submit, they were GONE!!

8.04 and all!

My boyfriends stuck in Canada for the next year because of work and now I'm stuck here. The last few months I've been stuck in limbo for nothing! :(

Thank you Canada, thank you!

But congrats to all you guys who were lucky. Make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Just out of curiosity.. USIT and the other agencies people have paid don't complete this (most important) part of the application for you, right?

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm they did or did not get any messages back yet, or any changes......

no message in my message yet
    in the section at bottom where is says progress the time has changed from when I submitted it at 4.04 to 4.56 and I was able to view my application

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    I cannot believe that, absolutely heartbroken. I've been preparing since October, at the laptop all day and logged in on time checked the box and when I went to hit submit, they were GONE!!

8.04 and all!

My boyfriends stuck in Canada for the next year because of work and now I'm stuck here. The last few months I've been stuck in limbo for nothing! :(

Theres another round coming up in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

8.04 and all!

Theres round 2 yet! Fingers crossed you get in then!

8.04 and all!

try again in Round 2...

EI-DOR wrote: »

Congrats to you yoo too likewise good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Just out of curiosity.. USIT and the other agencies people have paid don't complete this (most important) part of the application for you, right?

USIT don't. I think others do (though they're not supposed to).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

how can I view my application witch is in pdf , its all crazy symbols ?

• Advertisement

how can I view my application witch is in pdf , its all crazy symbols ?

are you on a phone or a tablet?

Advertisement