Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Dee01 wrote: »
    If ur name is wrong on the application is there any way to fix it or is ur place gone? I know I'm a complete idiot. Bright side... Someone might get my freed place if I'm booted off for it. TIA

Im pretty sure you don't get accepted. A girl I know didnt put down her middle name on the application even though it is on her passport and she got rejected on the basis that her application name didn't match her passport name.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

are you on a phone or a tablet?

im on my laptop , just downloaded it there and it makes no sence

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

how can I view my application witch is in pdf , its all crazy symbols ?

It should just open fine in Adobe PDF reader... If your trying to open in word you may just get hearts and crosses and different symbols .....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

update adobe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Maybe try download a later version PDF reader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

I think it has to be adobe reader, not any of the other pdf readers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Skalragg wrote: »
    Theres another round coming up in a few weeks

Oh I know thanks Skalragg but the demand will be twice as high as this round. I'll be applying anyway but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

thanks everyone , downloading one here now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

For people looking for a PDF reader, I downloaded the pdf from the Kompass account, uploaded it to my Google drive and viewed it there and it opened fine. Google drive is fierce handy cos you can keep all your docs in one place and access them anywhere. Also, Google drive can read docx, doc and allsorts of other formats. I'd recommend it. Twas also pretty handy for creating my resume and then saving it down as a PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can someone clear this up for me please. For stage 2, the required documents are electronic/scanned copies of 1)garda/police certs, 2) a passport photo ....anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Am I right in thinking that the guys who applied last year had to apply again this year or is that wrong???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Can someone clear this up for me please. For stage 2, the required documents are electronic/scanned copies of 1)garda/police certs, 2) a passport photo ....anything else?

If you have lived abroad for 6 consecutive months you need documents from that country. For Italy, I need 2 different police certs.

there are forms you have to download from the cic and upload as well

question: If the place where you've lived abroad is Canada, do you need certs for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

A question for those who have applied from the north.I just downloaded my application and noticed that where it asks for your personal permanent address it says in brackets 'the address in the region/country of your citizenship'.I'm assuming people just ticked the box for 'same as mailing address' like myself? I put down United Kingdom for my address but thats not my citizenship of course.Do you think this could be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Marko10 wrote: »
    A question for those who have applied from the north.I just downloaded my application and noticed that where it asks for your personal permanent address it says in brackets 'the address in the region/country of your citizenship'.I'm assuming people just ticked the box for 'same as mailing address' like myself? I put down United Kingdom for my address but thats not my citizenship of course.Do you think this could be a problem?

Was saying a few pages back that I done the same. Hope I haven't screwed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

duckgirlie wrote: »
    question: If the place where you've lived abroad is Canada, do you need certs for that?

You need certs if it was over 6months as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

Im pretty sure you don't get accepted. A girl I know didnt put down her middle name on the application even though it is on her passport and she got rejected on the basis that her application name didn't match her passport name.

are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

At 8.03PM...

3429186-3175621866-India.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

chezwahum wrote: »
    are you serious?

Yeah they're very strict when it comes to things matching what's on the passport

• Advertisement

chezwahum wrote: »
    are you serious?

yup if your application doesnt match the name on your passport you will be refused .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Augmerson wrote: »
    If it ****ed up for you too you have my deepest sympathy. I am going to get a bottle of whiskey.

No two bottles of whiskey.

Congrats to everybody who got a place.

No got in 1419 was lucky the page refreshed of its own accord and had to enter my details again. you will get them next time.

Did anyone elses submitted time change? I'm not concerned as I'm well under the 3850 mark but it's weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Was saying a few pages back that I done the same. Hope I haven't screwed up!

Would be extremely harsh i think.I put Northern Ireland in the state/province section.surely couldn't refuse on that basis.whether we like it or not we live in the united kingdom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Sacramento wrote: »
    Did anyone elses submitted time change? I'm not concerned as I'm well under the 3850 mark but it's weird...

Yeah a few people said it a few pages back. Someone must be looking at it?

Sacramento wrote: »

yeah
    you should be able to download the iec pdf now in view application

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Silvio67 wrote: »
    At 8.03PM...

3429186-3175621866-India.gif

Hahaha that is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

If anyone can offer me some advice on how to get it next time pm me. I am so upset. I don't know if I can do it any faster..

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

I've lived in a few places so have three Police certs to upload - my question is do I have to upload these as the one file or three seperate files?

• Advertisement

If anyone can offer me some advice on how to get it next time pm me. I am so upset. I don't know if I can do it any faster..

there isnt really and but be on good internet conection !and jsut hope it doesnt freeze . and ya click faster then everyone else

Advertisement