Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

If anyone can offer me some advice on how to get it next time pm me. I am so upset. I don't know if I can do it any faster..

There's a new thread started with that info

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Considering the demand for the working visas & the fact that there are barely any of the young professionals & watever-the-other-one-was visas gone, does anyone think they might decide to allocate some of them to the working visas?

Like I said I got my place but my gf didn't so if she doesn't get one looks like bye bye Canada, and I'm trying to stay optimistic about the second stage but I've a feeling it will be as hectic as the first if not more so considering the speed in which they went is likley to get noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    I cannot believe that, absolutely heartbroken. I've been preparing since October, at the laptop all day and logged in on time checked the box and when I went to hit submit, they were GONE!!

8.04 and all!

My boyfriends stuck in Canada for the next year because of work and now I'm stuck here. The last few months I've been stuck in limbo for nothing! :(

Thank you Canada, thank you!

But congrats to all you guys who were lucky. Make the most of it!

Aw I don't believe you! Fingers crossed for you for round 2, chin up, I'm guessing your feeling pretty upset right now. Can you go for round 2?

I just had a bit of a whinge to my man on the phone, just feel like sh1t for not getting his. In fairness it was totally ridicules to try and get 2, I just genuinely didn't think they'd be gone so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

I didnt put my middle name down as it is on my passport just my first name is there any way to change this now does anybody know or do i have to withdraw my application and try again in round two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Durag wrote: »
    Considering the demand for the working visas & the fact that there are barely any of the young professionals & watever-the-other-one-was visas gone, does anyone think they might decide to allocate some of them to the working visas?

Like I said I got my place but my gf didn't so if she doesn't get one looks like bye bye Canada, and I'm trying to stay optimistic about the second stage but I've a feeling it will be as hectic as the first if not more so considering the speed in which they went is likley to get noticed

I highly doubt that they'll move visa from one category from one to another, I've never heard of that. Good news - while demand is obviously high, you gf has a chance in two weeks. It definitely can be done.

• Advertisement

Durag wrote: »

We've been talking about it and my Oh is thinking about going for the young professionals if he doesn't get round 2. Failing that, hopefully they will be out earlier next year and if it all works out we'll activate my (potential one) then and go early next year. If not its other country options. Like many others, we haven't been able to get a head start here and we are going to have to go somewhere, staying isn't an option.

chezwahum wrote: »
    I didnt put my middle name down as it is on my passport just my first name is there any way to change this now does anybody know or do i have to withdraw my application and try again in round two?

Unlucky. If I was you I'd be withdrawing my application as it is sure to be rejected. Apply again (if this is allowed) in round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

Skalragg wrote: »
    You need certs if it was over 6months as far as I know

I wasn't sure because my friend's done it twice and she didn't have to submit a police check from Canada when she applied the second time.

Unlucky. If I was you I'd be withdrawing my application as it is sure to be rejected. Apply again (if this is allowed) in round 2

Do you know somebody thats been refused for this? when were they refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

gg2 wrote: »
    We've been talking about it and my Oh is thinking about going for the young professionals if he doesn't get round 2. Failing that, hopefully they will be out earlier next year and if it all works out we'll activate my (potential one) then and go early next year. If not its other country options. Like many others, we haven't been able to get a head start here and we are going to have to go somewhere, staying isn't an option.

We actually both have jobs I just need to get away for a while, in a few years we will be looking at a morgate and all that, and I've never lived outside Sligo town and I feel like I'm missing out on seeing the world, plus I hate my job with an utter passion, if I don't leave I will go insane, so we both need this for different reasons than other people. Oh well no point complaining, just go again at stage 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

there was several from the uk refused for the same reason

Somebody posted earlier that they know people who were refused for it. I guess you could wait and see, as you will probably find out either way before round 2 opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

If anyone can offer me some advice on how to get it next time pm me. I am so upset. I don't know if I can do it any faster..

fill in 5 of the 6 catagories on the Kompass page. Go to IEC application page, keep pressing F5/ refresh button... once the new page has been added you will see the new content,

Select Working holiday, click submit on main page

Enter what info its looking for... which is your date of birth, email and password.

Tick 3 boxes next page and enter your password again.....

is thereany way to amend it in the rest of the process? Im gonna ring the ebassy in the morning and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Somebody posted earlier that they know people who were refused for it. I guess you could wait and see, as you will probably find out either way before round 2 opens.

You could always withdraw your application, amend it and go for next round when it opens. They are strict when it comes to names and dates matching your passport

is thereany way to amend it in the rest of the process? Im gonna ring the ebassy in the morning and ask

once you submit you cant change anything as far as i know .

il wait and see what the embassy say you may be able to amend it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

I feel so sorry for everyone that didn't get one this round, it really is a unfair system.
    But for those of you that did, did any of ye get a message yet asking for payment and required documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

danii1990 wrote: »
    Did any of ye get a message yet asking for payment and required documents?

NO. The email confirmations that's sent directly to your IEC account, aren't expected for another 48 hours (approx)

I feel so sorry for everyone that didn't get one this round, it really is a unfair system.
    But for those of you that did, did any of ye get a message yet asking for payment and required documents?

nope no message yet and my number is in the first hundred or so
    how do you make a more fair system really its a lottery pretty much gotta get in as fast as you can . how would you make it more fair then that?

• Advertisement

How is it an unfair system? It's extremely fair. Everyone is in the same position. What system would you suggest to make it fairer ?

How is it an unfair system? It's extremely fair. Everyone is in the same position. What system would you suggest to make it fairer ?

great minds think alike ehh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

I don't really know how to make it fair but i do know 2 people who decided to apply only this week and they both got one..
    Kinda seems unfair to me as some people have been waiting for months.
    Just my thoughts..

do you know these people personally? where did they get refused? at customs? where

do you know these people personally? where did they get refused? at customs? where

nope no personally , at the kompass stage

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

How did anyone applying through a 3rd party get on?

Right guys been avoiding asking this question to avoid being flamed, but I keep seeing conflicting answers and my brain is frazzled at this stage. So you get your response for payment of fees and to upload documents, and you have 10 days to pay and upload.
    Is it another race to do this? I'm going away this weekend, doing alot of traveling and really don't want to carry my laptop too, staying with friends who have no internet access, in a small town with no internet cafe. Basically its going to be a pain to try and upload documents and pay fees over the weekend but I will if I must, so am I ok to do it any time in the next 10 days (following email to do so obviously.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

So what happens to the visas of the people that messed their application up?
    Were some people put on a waiting list? Was anyone here told they're on a waiting list? It's hard to believe at 8.07 II wan't even put on a waiting list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

gg2 wrote: »
    Right guys been avoiding asking this question to avoid being flamed, but I keep seeing conflicting answers and my brain is frazzled at this stage. So you get your response for payment of fees and to upload documents, and you have 10 days to pay and upload.
    Is it another race to do this? I'm going away this weekend, doing alot of traveling and really don't want to carry my laptop too, staying with friends who have no internet access, in a small town with no internet cafe. Basically its going to be a pain to try and upload documents and pay fees over the weekend but I will if I must, so am I ok to do it any time in the next 10 days (following email to do so obviously.)

No rush! Aslong as its within the date they specify in message.

• Advertisement

So what happens to the visas of the people that messed their application up?
    Were some people put on a waiting list? Was anyone here told they're on a waiting list? It's hard to believe at 8.07 II wan't even put on a waiting list :(

pretty sure if you **** it up . your just refused . could be wrong tho.

Advertisement