Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

Hi,
    for stage one, and regarding passport, do you just upload a copy of the main page? i.e. Name/DOB/Passport Number?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

fredchest wrote: »
    Hi,
    for stage one, and regarding passport, do you just upload a copy of the main page? i.e. Name/DOB/Passport Number?

Yep that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

might head down to the garda station tomorrow and fill out a form.

not heading out tonight so il be fresh tomorrow to get my cv and passport craic up to date and ready.im not missing out this year feck that.

im heading to edmonton to a friend hopefully,around april/may,not sure what im gonna do though!,whats everyone else doing and where are they going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

AFP website is back online for ozzie police cert's :D

Yeah cheers buddy, I finally got my irish cert in the post and applied and awaiting for the oz one. Thank god it back online to apply for. I'm just waiting for more hurdles to come my way. Ill only be happy when all is sent in for application :pac:

elnino08 wrote: »
    Yep that's it

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I went into the police station Thursday with the basic form filled out for police cert and wasn't asked any questions or for ID, hopefully I'll know something next week.

Hoping to go around March. Not sure yet, one of the big cities as I'm interested in marketing/PR roles for the arts/creative sectors, so perhaps Toronto - got friends there & in Vancouver & Winnipeg.

I'm worried about the payment section of the application - if its via online banking - I have the money to go in my account but Permanent TSB online banking is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

I went into the police station Thursday with the basic form filled out for police cert and wasn't asked any questions or for ID, hopefully I'll know something next week.

Hoping to go around March. Not sure yet, one of the big cities as I'm interested in marketing/PR roles for the arts/creative sectors, so perhaps Toronto - got friends there & in Vancouver & Winnipeg.

I'm worried about the payment section of the application - if its via online banking - I have the money to go in my account but Permanent TSB online banking is dire.

What's so bad about the online banking with PTSB,will be using my wife's one so surely there is a section to transfer money to different accounts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

I'm hoping to hit Canada round that time too fillefatale and also looking for PR-related jobs in the Ontario area. Have any ideas where to go about looking or are ye like the rest of us, waiting to see if we're lucky to get one of these visa yokes first!?

Just waiting to get the police cert back and I'm good to go, I hope!

Hyped for these Visas to open now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Hyped for these Visas to open now!! biggrin.png

So am I. Hope to god it opens this week or next!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    So am I. Hope to god it opens this week or next!

Ha celebratory drinks in Immigration if we're lucky, anyone!?

I know, it's hateful not knowing when they'll open. The suspense is killing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

In what circumstances must you get police clearance? It's not mentioned in docs to prepare section?

I know, it's hateful not knowing when they'll open. The suspense is killing me!

Same here. Where abouts in Canada you heading for?

Same here. Where abouts in Canada you heading for?

Ontario. Toronto-direction I think? You?

Edmonton Alberta. Friend of mine already over there. Plan is to get into the Oil and Gas as a Leasehand and start from there. Where the money is!

Edmonton Alberta. Friend of mine already over there. Plan is to get into the Oil and Gas as a Leasehand and start from there. Where the money is!

Sound job! I've heard that alright! Know a few ones in Toronto. Craic is 90 so I hear!?

What's the most 'culturistic' city? i.e. for music etc?
    What cities are the cheapest to live? cause I read Vancouver is expensive, and a bit dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

elnino08 wrote: »
    What's so bad about the online banking with PTSB,will be using my wife's one so surely there is a section to transfer money to different accounts?

Just want to alleviate any concerns that the PTSB online banking site is rubbish. It's not. It's by far the best online banking around imo and I bank with most of the major banks. It's simple to pay to a new bank account, they just send you a validation code to your phone and wallah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

sjapok wrote: »
    Just want to alleviate any concerns that the PTSB online banking site is rubbish. It's not. It's by far the best online banking around imo and I bank with most of the major banks. It's simple to pay to a new bank account, they just send you a validation code to your phone and wallah!!

I find it awful, I couldn't transfer money between 2 banks accounts without ringing them up to confirm the other bank account and having to wait for 5 days for it to go through the system! I have a bank acc with Lloyds TSB and found it incredible to use. The PTSB one is so basic that I am worried about the payment part of the app, but if you found it OK to use I hope it is!

sure all you need is the full IBAN? right?

Is stage One due to open ANY day now? Could anyone approximate the time, from previous years? i.e. Would it generally be morning time i.e 9am, afternoon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭seamus1980

Is stage One due to open ANY day now? Could anyone approximate the time, from previous years? i.e. Would it generally be morning time i.e 9am, afternoon?

Prob wont be until mid january.

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Prob wont be until mid january.

Why do you this this?

If one gets accepted at Stage One...
    Do you have to apply for Stage Two immediately or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭seamus1980

Why do you this this?

The IEC started mid january 2 years in a row

Seamus,

The Irish IEC is due to open early this month. So it could be this week or next. Keep checking the website!
    Q: When are IEC programs for the UK & Ireland due to open?
    A: Both programs will have separate opening times. Embassy of Ireland sources have indicated they plan to open the Irish program in early December. We have not received any notification for UK Embassy, but we expect January 2014. Follow Moving2Canada on Facebook or Twitter to be kept informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Seamus,

The Irish IEC is due to open early this month. So it could be this week or next. Keep checking the website!

Is moving2canada an official government agency?

Is moving2canada an official government agency?

No I don't believe it is. I was told at the Working Abroad Expo in Dublin two months ago to keep checking the website before xmas!

No I don't believe it is. I was told at the Working Abroad Expo in Dublin two months ago to keep checking the website before xmas!

So in effect your guess is as good as anyone else's? I hope it opens sooner rather than later but going on precedent it will be in January. However indications from hearsay indicate December.

So in effect your guess is as good as anyone else's? I hope it opens sooner rather than later but going on precedent it will be in January. However indications from hearsay indicate December.
    I'm not guessing. That's what I was told at the Expo. I hope it opens this month to get the ball rolling!

• Advertisement

I'm not guessing. That's what I was told at the Expo. I hope it opens this month to get the ball rolling!

Were those at the Expo Canadian gov officials or USIT/Sayit/Moving2Canada people?

Advertisement