Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

pretty sure if you **** it up . your just refused . could be wrong tho.

I don't know what's worse to be honest. Messing it up or not getting in on time by literally a few seconds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Kinda blame the third parties for over-promoting Canada the past 4 months. That's why the visas were so sort after! Just my thought anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

BTW how long was it untill all the visa,s ran out this round?

seamus1980 wrote: »
    BTW how long was it untill all the visa,s ran out this round?

5/6 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

guest124 wrote: »
    5/6 minutes I think.
    Oh man,when i appled in 2011 there were still visa,s left in june

• Advertisement

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Oh man,when i appled in 2011 there were still visa,s left in june

Yeah, it is crazy! Like I said I think usit etc, have really been promoting Canada this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Yeah, it is crazy! Like I said I think usit etc, have really been promoting Canada this year.

suppose they could only push Australia for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

pretty sure if you **** it up . your just refused . could be wrong tho.

No there is a waiting list, well there was one last year. Presumably it's not going to open until round 2 is closed. People are obviously going to get rejected during the application process, and others will withdraw before they complete stage two. Those visas will become available then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

gg2 wrote: »
    Aw I don't believe you! Fingers crossed for you for round 2, chin up, I'm guessing your feeling pretty upset right now. Can you go for round 2?

I just had a bit of a whinge to my man on the phone, just feel like sh1t for not getting his. In fairness it was totally ridicules to try and get 2, I just genuinely didn't think they'd be gone so fast.

I know, we all knew they'd go fast but not THAT fast! Absolutely will take a run at round 2 but not hanging much high hopes on it now after this eve. Suppose we'll try to stay positive for the next week or two and see what happens. Everything happens for a reason as they say! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

nope no personally , at the kompass stage

where did you see this? im sorry im not being smart im just tryin to understand as it goes with my situiation

• Advertisement

chezwahum wrote: »
    where did you see this? im sorry im not being smart im just tryin to understand as it goes with my situiation

was a fb fourm might been the moving to canada . nah im not bull****ting you either man , im sure its not a very nice position and i wouldn't like it if it was me and some one said it and it wasn't true .

chezwahum wrote: »

heres a link to one , there was another girl too i cant seem to find it .https://www.facebook.com/groups/554878824565998/permalink/605507652836448/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

two questions - once I get the letter to submit my supporting documents, then I have ten days to do so, right? I know if I submit later in that period it may take longer for my application to be processed, but they won't take my place away from me so long as I do it within those ten days, correct?

And secondly, if that goes ahead and I'm given the conditional letter of acceptance, how long do I have to submit my CIC application before I'm rejected?

(also, for those checking these things, I was 234 and just received the "submit documents and payment" message)

duckgirlie wrote: »
    two questions - once I get the letter to submit my supporting documents, then I have ten days to do so, right? I know if I submit later in that period it may take longer for my application to be processed, but they won't take my place away from me so long as I do it within those ten days, correct?

And secondly, if that goes ahead and I'm given the conditional letter of acceptance, how long do I have to submit my CIC application before I'm rejected?

2014-online-application-process_applicants_EN.jpg

1)correct
    2)90days

The image there will help ya. Oooh they're sending out messages!! Must check mine, I was 766.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drunkenhobo

I've also received the submit documents message. I'm wondering what part of the application do you need the garda cert for?

And also I went to school in America for 2 years but was never there for 6 consecutive months, will I need a police cert for America too? Just get one to be safe?

Garda cert isn't needed until the CIC stage, so it's a couple of weeks off. I'm trying to figure out if I need one if I lived in Canada, because I'm getting conflicting information

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

If you stayed in any other Country for 6 Months or more, you need Police Checks for those Countries!

Posting my Police Check forms tomorrow!

Paid up and all sorted

I know, but I wasn't sure for canada. I've had friends who've done multiple IEC working holidays who didn't need a Canadian police cert

• Advertisement

I've no message yet. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

(also, for those checking these things, I was 234 and just received the "submit documents and payment" message)

I'm 284 and got mine too!

I've no message yet. Bummer.

What's your number

Oh great, another thing to drive us all demented; when will we get the messages! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I know, but I wasn't sure for canada. I've had friends who've done multiple IEC working holidays who didn't need a Canadian police cert

As of last year anyway applying a second time was asked for a Canadian police cert if they lived there six months or more.

What's your number

766!

does anyone have any advice/tips on applying for a Canadian police cert when I'm in Ireland? the website makes it seem way more complicated then applying for an Irish one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Paid up and all sorted

Any idea roughly what time you got asked to pay?

I'm not too worried, I know it's 48 hours, just wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 killmau5

bd2012 wrote: »
    well i am gutted, had it all set up ready to go, selected working holiday visa, put in my email address etc.... but...... decided to double check my details on the other sections...... big mistake.......

so round 2 is 29 march??

seriously did not think they would go that quickly!!

congrats to all who got it though

I'm jealous!

29 March?

anyone back this up?

any official sources?

Managed to get mine submitted but my sis and her b/f didnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

does anyone have any advice/tips on applying for a Canadian police cert when I'm in Ireland? the website makes it seem way more complicated then applying for an Irish one

Heres the link

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Advertisement