Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Any idea roughly what time you got asked to pay?

I'm not too worried, I know it's 48 hours, just wondering!

1 am so it was 5 hours from when the message was sent from when i applied tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

thanks. I was right, that seems way more complicated then Irish ones.

has anyone done it? Do you have an idea of how long it takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

So...is anyone brave enough to book flights after confirmation of payment?

It's hard to guess when it'll all be completed but I'm pinning about 6 weeks from now.

duckgirlie wrote: »
    thanks. I was right, that seems way more complicated then Irish ones.

has anyone done it? Do you have an idea of how long it takes?

I did this, you don't need fingerprints. Go into your local station and tell them what you need. They gave me a form to fill out, 10 minutes, cost 70 or so dollars. Received it one week later in the post (today actually).

It's hard to guess when it'll all be completed but I'm pinning about 6 weeks from now.

yeah ill wait till i get the confimation from the kompass side before i think about that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 killmau5

On my Kompass account beside my application it gives me that my application was submitted on the 12th? anyone elses the same?

"Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 5:17 PM"

Sacramento wrote: »
    I did this, you don't need fingerprints. Go into your local station and tell them what you need. They gave me a form to fill out, 10 minutes, cost 70 or so dollars. Received it one week later in the post (today actually).

payment also worked out to be 97 euro for me too btw people

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Okay so, my account lets me view my application as a PDF that does not let me access it. I did not receive any messages from the IEC. Is anyone else going through this situation??? How long was it before ye got your messages to upload C.V, payment etc????

Yep I noticed that myself. Glad it's not just me. I'm sure it won't matter in the end.
    killmau5 wrote: »
    On my Kompass account beside my application it gives me that my application was submitted on the 12th? anyone elses the same?

"Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 5:17 PM"

123DarcySt wrote: »
    Okay so, my account lets me view my application as a PDF that does not let me access it. I did not receive any messages from the IEC. Is anyone else going through this situation??? How long was it before ye got your messages to upload C.V, payment etc????

5 hours for me but my number is low probably depends where you are on the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Just so everyone knows I'm in the 100's and have received an email for payment and follow-up docs into my inbox in "my messages". My gf in the high 200's has also received a request for payment message.

Yep I noticed that myself. Glad it's not just me. I'm sure it won't matter in the end.

likewise where did you come anyway news?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

No haven't done it from outside Canada and don't know of anyone that has. I think this is your only option. I remember reading that you can get fingerprints taken and certified by a police service where you are! Then send them electronically! No idea what the turnaround time is!

Same boat. some have received them, some havent, wouldnt worry about as long as ur application is in!

likewise where did you come anyway news?

Number ...

7 :eek:

No worries I'll get the payment notice eventually I suppose. But I guess it might not be so tied to the number!

Mine was submitted at 5:17pm also! I was number 3149....what was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

payment also worked out to be 97 euro for me too btw people

Sweet. Extra €23 for wine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Just noticed mine now, I am apparently uploaded since

Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 5:08 PM

Mine is a good bit later, it has been updated at least once but:
    Submitted to IEC on 2014-03-12 at 8:44 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

If not done by number maybe its Alphabetical? Pretty sure its being done by number tho?

• Advertisement

Mine was submitted at 5:17pm also! I was number 3149....what was yours?

3176;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

tinman09 wrote: »
    Cant wait, dont suppose you remember were you able to go online on your phone while there or was it too captivating?

Well? Any luck? I missed out this round. Horribly disappointed.

yeah it will update from your original time ! as its going through the process mine did too was a hour earlier but my wtn is in the early 100s

Question for those that paid already! Did you have to submit proof of payment? And if so, how did you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

paid - and now the next phase...man, this process does make you second guess yourself!

Question for those that paid already! Did you have to submit proof of payment? And if so, how did you do this?

nope its automatic through the netbanx page you receive confirmation tho

mushacles wrote: »
    paid - and now the next phase...man, this process does make you second guess yourself!

IEC eligibility assessment just pending for you too ehh ? lol i know the feeling man :p

Don't plan on leaving until after myself and himself get hitched in July so we've a bit of time yet. I reckon flights will be ok cos people will be going at different times and such.

Haven't been asked for proof of payment yet. Might be during the CIC stage, but they send you a confirmation email anyway. And you can print off the acknowledgement screen too. so that should be plenty if they ask. Of course, I don't think we'd even get to CIC stage if we havent paid so I imagine proof of payment is implied?

• Advertisement

IEC eligibility assessment just pending for you too ehh ? lol i know the feeling man :p

fingers crossed to f u c k! :)

Advertisement