Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

mushacles wrote: »
    fingers crossed to f u c k! :)

ah sure thats that hard part over now anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

mushacles wrote: »
    I don't think we'd even get to CIC stage if we havent paid so I imagine proof of payment is implied?

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 8 killmau5

I have my cic account set up and ready to go, everything uploaded except my conditional acceptance letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

killmau5 wrote: »
    I have my cic account set up and ready to go, everything uploaded except my conditional acceptance letter.

in a rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Got mail.didn't realise they'd email my personal email to notify me too.
    So you don't need to do what I did and log in every 20 minutes ha!

• Advertisement

in a rush?

nope just wanna be well prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Have you gone through the eligiblity assessment yet? Is it possible to setup a cic account at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

Jesus christ does it really take up to 22 weeks to get a canadian background check if you apply from outside Canada? Guess I'm blowing all my savings to go to canada for a weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

What is the gc key? is it the wtn by any chance?

• Advertisement

What is the gc key? is it the wtn by any chance?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Na its just a name for the login used to access mycic.
    you create your own unique user ID and then once your account is up and running start an application, it will take you through the eligibilty assesment first.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Well guys, just finished uploading some docs and paying :-)

It didn't mention anything about the CIC stage yet though so is there any rush with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Also I was number 529 and received an email at 2.15am telling me that I had a new message but my wife received hers at 1am and she was number 115.

Seems like the number makes a slight difference :-)

We seem to overanalyse everything on this board!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Just paid and uploaded documents there. Check your 'My messages'

Let me know when anyone gets the payment done and figures out the story with the signature. It seems like we don't have to do anything as the money has been debited from my account but in case anyone knows for sure...

EDIT: Egg on my face. Thought I had refreshed boards before typing that but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

so is anyone else being asked for a password when the open the pdf message from the IEC. And is the password just the one for your IEC account because that isnt working for me :/ not the best wake up ive ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SJ02

Ok so I'm sort of worried!My bf number was 1969 and mine 1522(there abouts).He has gotten his email but I haven't received mine yet even though I was 400 places in front of him!Has this happened to anyone else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

So what's the highest number that has recieved their message?
    Still nothing for me....no 2606

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

radiata wrote: »
    So what's the highest number that has recieved their message?
    Still nothing for me....no 2606

Actually just got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

1929 and just got message

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

2726 and just received mine .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

I've uploaded a copy of my passport and CV, and paid the 154.50 Canadian dollar transaction fee (I've also gotten an email confirming this).

Any idea when I'll know if I got the Visa or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

2766 for me and got the message 20 mins ago. gonna pay later.

yyeeeooowwwwwwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

alexsmith wrote: »
    2766 for me and got the message 20 mins ago. gonna pay later.

yyeeeooowwwwwwwwwww

This might be a stupid question, but what's the definitive proof you've gotten it?

Did you get your number (2766) from the end of the Account number you were given (e.g. DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-002766)?

Did you get a congratulatory confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SJ02

I'm 1522 and still nothing :(!anyone else around there with nothing???getting worried now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

This might be a stupid question, but what's the definitive proof you've gotten it?

Did you get your number (2766) from the end of the Account number you were given (e.g. DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-002766)?

Did you get a congratulatory confirmation email?

thats my wtn number yes. and yes i did get the email.

whens stage 2 guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I was 1136 and got my mail at 3.50am.

Just paid there and uploaded documents.

*unclenches ever so slightly*

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Can anyone who successfully applied for round one give me a step-by-step guide to applying ahead of round two?

I foolishly trusted a third-party company to apply for me and I have just discovered that they were unsuccessful yesterday. I'm not putting my immediate future in their hands for a second time so I'll apply for the second round on my own.

However, I do not know how this is done so any tips or advice anybody could give me would be fantastic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

TheShizz wrote: »
    Can anyone who successfully applied for round one give me a step-by-step guide to applying ahead of round two?

I foolishly trusted a third-party company to apply for me and I have just discovered that they were unsuccessful yesterday. I'm not putting my immediate future in their hands for a second time so I'll apply for the second round on my own.

However, I do not know how this is done so any tips or advice anybody could give me would be fantastic.

Thanks.

In the same boat here man, who did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Paymment made and passport and resume uploaded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

This thread is depressing...

until the next round, goodbye cruel world!!!

Advertisement