Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

EireCelt wrote: »
    In the same boat here man, who did you go with?

Some mob called VisaFirst mate. They're not the most professional of people I've ever dealt with; they fail to call you back and occasionally refuse to answer your questions in the live chat function. Suffice to say I wasn't too surprised to hear that they weren't on the ball for when the quota opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

What's the story with the signature on the payment confirmation page?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Got my message happy days :) Need to change something on my CV though first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Does anyone know for stage 2 whats the story with the required passport photo? Is it just a standard sized passport photo, that we scan in/take a photo of, and upload the scanned image?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Close to 1000 and got mail at 3:40 this morning...... Wife was close to 1500 and got her mail at about 4:43 this morning.... All paid up and docs submitted, just another waiting game now...... Congrats to all who got in so far, and sorry for all who didn't ...... Was like a feckin lotto to be honest...... And thanks to all on here as I think we all helped each other out in one way or another since last year.... Been glued to this forum and IEC page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Paid and documents uploaded.

just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped out over the past few months!

if it wasnt for this forum i probably wouldnt have filled in my application on wednesday night.

Now to wait for the next stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

hmmmm it says

A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names,
    given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your
    passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure
    from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page

I don't intend going till possibly jan 15, and my passport ends jan 2017.... surely I can renew my passport during the two year period?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

my WTN was 15 on the list and still no message requesting payment and documents. Panicing here

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    Paid and documents uploaded.

just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped out over the past few months!

if it wasnt for this forum i probably wouldnt have filled in my application on wednesday night.

Now to wait for the next stage :)

Second that, major thanks to everyone, and the advice about filling out the application in advance was golden.

Still cant believe they went so quickly, especially when it took 2 days last year, so much for the economy improving and people wanting to stay

Also while it doesn't apply to me, a friend of mine is on the UK waiting list... one thing I can see is wrong with her application is the place of birth... while the place she submitted is actually correct, the area name was used. Do they fail applications over this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Guys don't stress about not getting your emails yet, if it's anything like last year it's a lottery as to who gets their emails first, they don't seem to do it in order... More likely the visas are allocated to different IEC officers who process their applications at different rates.

Basically once you have your WTN there's no need to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Does anyone know for stage 2 whats the story with the required passport photo? Is it just a standard sized passport photo, that we scan in/take a photo of, and upload the scanned image?

You don't need a passport photo. Just a scan of your passport!

john_jobin wrote: »
    my WTN was 15 on the list and still no message requesting payment and documents. Panicing here

I was in the 3200's and have got it.. the may not do it in numberical order, so don't panic...and wait the 48 hours. They will send you something within that time

sjapok wrote: »
    You don't need a passport photo. Just a scan of your passport!

for stage 2? Are you sure? I've heard people talk about a passport photo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I couldn't get the notice of submission to open, so I just went on ahead and paid.. I'm assuming theres nothing important in that notice that we don't already know?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 decos77

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Close to 1000 and got mail at 3:40 this morning...... Wife was close to 1500 and got her mail at about 4:43 this morning.... All paid up and docs submitted, just another waiting game now...... Congrats to all who got in so far, and sorry for all who didn't ...... Was like a feckin lotto to be honest...... And thanks to all on here as I think we all helped each other out in one way or another since last year.... Been glued to this forum and IEC page.

More like a fastest finger first game rather than a lotto. I just missed out. Can anyone tell me if they got the visa having been logged in before 8pm? I hope round 2 isn't too long away to put me out of my misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Silvio67 wrote: »
    I couldn't get the notice of submission to open, so I just went on ahead and paid.. I'm assuming theres nothing important in that notice that we don't already know?

Couldn't read mine either but ploughed on!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Silvio67 wrote: »

I was just about to ask that - it won't open for me either. Just downloads a PDF that opens to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

Faith wrote: »
    I was just about to ask that - it won't open for me either. Just downloads a PDF that opens to nothing.

It didn't work for me either on my Mac but then I opened it on a Windows computer. It's basically just a confirmation letter and it says that you need to pay the fee and upload your scanned passport and CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Couldn't read mine either but ploughed on!

Thats the spirit.. Small print, what small print?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

TheShizz wrote: »
    I foolishly trusted a third-party company to apply for me and I have just discovered that they were unsuccessful yesterday. I'm not putting my immediate future in their hands for a second time so I'll apply for the second round on my own.
    EireCelt wrote: »
    In the same boat here man, who did you go with?

Did visafirst or whatever 3rd party company you used say they would actually apply on ye're behalf? Given its illegal for anybody to apply for you I'm wondering how they are operating legitimately.

I've done it through Go4Less (same crowd I used for the US visa few yrs back) and they were insistent on multiple occasions that its your own responsibility to apply yourself. They were incredibly helpful in every respect of all the prep I had to do/ questions I had but at no point did they lead me to believe they would apply for me.

Thankfully I was lucky to get a spot and I feel bad for you and anyone else who got tricked by illegitimate 3rd-party companies.

for stage 2? Are you sure? I've heard people talk about a passport photo

Hmmm. Stage 2 is where we just uploaded resume/passport. I assume you have done the same?

I think you do need one with the CIC part. I have the following information copied from some earlier boards posts / research:

1. You need to get a passport photo as you say:
    "Taking the right photo size can be a pain here! Must be 30cm x 23cm and no less than say 600DPI. http://www.idphoto4you.com."

2. Here is some more info I had:
    "
    Once payment has been verified it takes about a week to get the IEC conditional acceptance letter via a message sent to your IEC Kompass account. This can arrive sooner or be delayed. The letter is necessary for your Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) application. When waiting for the IEC conditional acceptance letter you can create a myCIC account by registering for a gc key, filling out the questionnaire and uploading the documents that are required.

The IMM1295 form should be filled out without a signature, verified, saved and uploaded. Do not print it. If you have not applied to immigrate to Canada before you will not have a UCI number. You will have a UCI number if you have applied before. The UCI number is on your previous immigration documentation, including the item that was stapled into your passport on arrival. If some of the questions do not apply to you, write “N/A” to show that you have read the form. If you do not have enough room to list all the employment history that Immigration Canada are looking for you can add more in the optional documents under Letter of Explanation.

The Family Information form IMM5707 should be filled out, printed and signed in the appropriate place to say whether you are not married or have children

The Schedule 1 IMM5257 form is required for those who have answered yes to questions 3-6 on the final page of the IMM1295 form.

Once you have received the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter, upload it and submit your application. You will be asked to digitally sign your application. This “signature” has to match exactly the name you used when filling out the IMM1295 form. There should be no additional fee to pay. You have already paid it when applying to the IEC.

When you have submitted your application to CIC you will receive a confirmation email from them. You will find an application number in the attached PDF file. You will now need to log in to your IEC account again. Go to the ‘My Profile’ tabe and you will see an option to update the CIC file number. Enter the application number in here to link the two accounts. Keep a record of the various numbers you have been given by IEC and CIC.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Hmmm. Stage 2 is where we just uploaded resume/passport. I assume you have done the same?

I believe thats still considered Stage 1 :)

hmmm 30cm x 23cm for photo, that cant be right, thats much bigger than a passport photo!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

raregroove wrote: »
    It didn't work for me either on my Mac but then I opened it on a Windows computer. It's basically just a confirmation letter and it says that you need to pay the fee and upload your scanned passport and CV.

Must be a Mac issue so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Faith wrote: »
    Must be a Mac issue so!

It doesn't open with Preview, you need to download the Adobe Acrobat reader.

hmmm 30cm x 23cm for photo, that cant be right, thats much bigger than a passport photo!

True that.

The main thing is that you can just take a digital photo of yourself using your phone/digital camera and use the website I mention to resize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

True that.

The main thing is that you can just take a digital photo of yourself using your phone/digital camera and use the website I mention to resize it.

I've a digital passport pic that I got done for the US green card lottery (dying to get out of here? me?!) I assume I can use that for the visa application?

True that.

They probably also meant mm when it comes to 30*23?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Got my notice i was number 830. If anyone is in the 3600+ range and you get your notice can you let me know. Missus is panicking because i have mine and she doesnt have hers but she was 3626 so id imagine they are getting around to it.

Advertisement