Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Got my notice last night at 01:00, its getting very exciting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

No. 28 and still no word. Mine says Status Not available. Nervous...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

so does place of birth have to match passport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

john_jobin wrote: »
    my WTN was 15 on the list and still no message requesting payment and documents. Panicing here

No, you're not alone, I'm number 7 and poster above is quite early number too and no email.

But exactly like others say, as long as you have a WTN and we do, then let them have their 48 hours to work their way through the list. We will get it.

I guess it's just leftover nerves, and I have them too. You fret that you made an error or something and you'll be expelled. aaah

Skalragg wrote: »
    so does place of birth have to match passport?

You were born in two places? :confused:

• Advertisement

Oh god... just after realising that I put Letterkenny as place of Birth..... passport says Donegal..... I think I might have just blown it

On my visa form, it asks for city of birth, I put Dublin. On my passport it askes for residence, I put my town. They would NOT be the same. Are you sure it's not OK?
    Yeah I looked at it and it says City/Town... everything else matches. I could just be over reacting

Liam90 wrote: »
    You were born in two places? :confused:

No Its not for me, its my gf. she was born in uk in a certain city, but they put the greater area down on passport. So in her application she put down the actual city she was born...so they dont match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

For a second I thought I misread what you asked so deleted in case I gave the wrong advice :o

For anyone with those town/city discrepencies, honestly I wouldn't pull out as some say they will. You could let them consider your application anyway. If you're out, you're out, if you're still in you just might get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Probably been asked sorry but gonna be asking anyways :)

For the Resume / CV are people keeping their DOB Format the same as the Irish format or are they matching the format that was requested through the IEC?

Im 3rd of August so my CV would say 03/08/19XX where as for the IEC application they asked for 19XX/08/03 (yyyy-mm-dd) which way did you guys put it on your CV and does it matter?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

No Its not for me, its my gf. she was born in uk in a certain city, but they put the greater area down on passport. So in her application she put down the actual city she was born...so they dont match

I did the same thing its says GBR on my passport but i put the city in. I got in but

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Anyone eligiblty accessment in progressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

wife accidently submitted her birth cert instead of passport. She's emailed and sent a message on the Kompass account with the correct document anyone ever had this?

Should I put my DOB on my Resume?

As it is I don't have it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Nope as it's not on there template

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

MarkJD wrote: »

For the Resume / CV are people keeping their DOB Format the same as the Irish format or are they matching the format that was requested through the IEC?

Im 3rd of August so my CV would say 03/08/19XX where as for the IEC application they asked for 19XX/08/03 (yyyy-mm-dd) which way did you guys put it on your CV and does it matter?

Thanks!

They hardly look at your CV from what I hear. I've uploaded mine in the format 18/08/1987 for example. I'm sure it doesn't matter but if you haven't done it yet then match the IEC format just in case ie 1987-08-18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

against the law in canada to ask for your age in a job application so can't be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

MarkJD wrote: »

Thanks!

I was in the first round for the young professionals.I have already made my payment and didn't even have my DOB on my CV.

Thanks all ill take it off so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Got the message to pay and upload docs but when I click the notification the pdf won't open, I've installed the new version of adobe reader.... any ideas?
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Faith wrote: »
    I was just about to ask that - it won't open for me either. Just downloads a PDF that opens to nothing.

yeah me neither, will pay once i get to work.

The PDF doesnt really have much to say other than the steps involved to pay and upload your docs :)

You have until the 23rd of March. Id just go ahead and pay and upload your docs

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    yeah me neither, will pay once i get to work.

right click on the link for the pdf and save to your desktop..then it will open

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Yeah I looked at it and it says City/Town... everything else matches. I could just be over reacting

i Dont think that would be a reason as i put down London in my application as it asks for city of birth, but Irish passport says GBR (Great Britain) which is clearly not a city. so Dont panic!

USIT rang me today asking about steps etc... girl was claiming you've to upload proof of payment once you actually pay.?

Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

You were quite correct to say not to panic. Because I just got word that it was accepted. For anyone else, I put Place of birth as Letterkenny and my passport says Donegal. And I got accepted there now. So don't fret folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

USIT rang me today asking about steps etc... girl was claiming you've to upload proof of payment once you actually pay.?

Incorrect. Once you make payment they'll send you a message through kompass acknowledging payment. This can take a few days after payment. Goes to show that these 3rd party companies haven't a clue. No way would I trust them

Hmm.. What do you mean? You pay this with credit/debit card and you get an email receipt confirming that you have paid it.

Anyone else have any input here?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Oh god... just after realising that I put Letterkenny as place of Birth..... passport says Donegal..... I think I might have just blown it

Freaked out about this after running over it again in my head this morning! It shouldn't be a problem though, on the application form under 'view application' it asks for city/town of birth rather than as on the passport, and under the note on Step 3 in the step-by-step application guide it only specifies that names, passport number and DOB (in Canadian format) must match the passport;

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

• Advertisement

One more thing I'll say is sorry to mislead above regarding your DOB on your Resume.

As per everyone else I followed the template exactly hence my DOB is NOT on my resume.

In fact I went to one of those USIT Canada conferences and they said that if you put your gender/DOB on your resume then an employer is likely to not even consider you in case they get sued for discriminating over age or gender.

Advertisement