Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Probably because previous years you had to pay via bank transfer so you need to upload proof of payment but i dont think that is applicable anymore now they accept credit cards and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Just got my message there! I'm number 15 so was panicing that something had gone wrong!

Just a note to all those still waiting. At this stage, no news is good news! If they had processed your application already they would have let you know either way if you were accepted or rejected.

They just haven't reached your application yet, but they will very soon! Just be patient and try and stay relaxed, I know you're all nervous. It'll be fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

sjapok wrote: »
    Hmm.. What do you mean? You pay this with credit/debit card and you get an email receipt confirming that you have paid it.

Anyone else have any input here?

What I was told is you have to upload proof of payment after its been paid, payments/IEC different departments

I can see why they mightn't see but at the same time surely they can integrate it into their system, also haven't seen an option for it

Freaked out about this after running over it again in my head this morning! It shouldn't be a problem though, on the application form under 'view application' it asks for city/town of birth rather than as on the passport, and under the note on Step 3 in the step-by-step application guide it only specifies that names, passport number and DOB (in Canadian format) must match the passport;

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

Thats good news, only issue the gf had was differing place of birth, other details are accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

Freaked out about this after running over it again in my head this morning! It shouldn't be a problem though, on the application form under 'view application' it asks for city/town of birth rather than as on the passport, and under the note on Step 3 in the step-by-step application guide it only specifies that names, passport number and DOB (in Canadian format) must match the passport;

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx
    No. 28 and I got my message, so happy days. Didn't need to worry about the Place of Birth after all. Was just leftover nerves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Skalragg wrote: »
    What I was told is you have to upload proof of payment after its been paid, payments/IEC different departments

I can see why they mightn't see but at the same time surely they can integrate it into their system, also haven't seen an option for it

Don't listen to them jokers, they haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I have a J1 Visa in my PP aswel folks, would they need to see that? It's crap you can't upload more than one file for the Passport scan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

WTN #7 and was asked to pay about 30 mins ago. All paid and docs uploaded! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got a notice of receipt of payment and I can't open that either :rolleyes:. I've messaged them about it.

just got my notification of receipt of documents and payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I also got my notification of receipt/supporting documents!

Faith wrote: »
    I got a notice of receipt of payment and I can't open that either :rolleyes:. I've messaged them about it.

It must be your PC / software!

click "save as" instead of open , save it to your desktop, should work then.

That didn't work for me unfortunately. When I click the download, it's blank.

I'm normally quite handy with tech stuff so it's not a deer/headlights situation. Well I've paid anyway. I did message them about this though, we need to be able to read incoming mail/instructions properly. I've no less than 3 pdf readers installed and I still get that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Is it too early to ask if people are going to prepare for stage 2, creating My CIC account, preparing documentation etc.?

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Is it too early to ask if people are going to prepare for stage 2, creating My CIC account, preparing documentation etc.?

I'm going to wait for at least a month or two before I go near the CIC stuff because I don't intend to travel to Canada until 2015 and I want to give myself as much time as possible
    ie if I get my letter of introduction in April then I must enter Canada by April 2015. The later I submit my CIC stuff the better.

ive registered for myCIC just to see whats needed. Apparantly need to complete some "come to canada" wizard which generates the forms required to fill out. Stage 2 seems a bit more complicated :/
    The passport photo requirements seem like a bit of a nightmare. Going to start scanning documents etc to get them ready for when all going well I get the conditional letter of acceptance.
    Only in such a rush as current IEC visa expires in mid-may, so need this new one asap. Otherwise id be leaving the mycic stuff for a while

Ha a few of us have that account set up. Some people said they've everything except the conditional letter uploaded! What's too early eh?? ;)

Never a bad thing to be prepared, but if the timetables are to be believed you won't have a chance to create CIC account for another two weeks at least. IEC must determine weather you are eligible or not. You will be notified once they have made a desicion

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

ive registered for myCIC just to see whats needed. Apparantly need to complete some "come to canada" wizard which generates the forms required to fill out. Stage 2 seems a bit more complicated :/
    The passport photo requirements seem like a bit of a nightmare..

Stage 2 scares the bajaysus out of me :pac:

• Advertisement

Skalragg wrote: »
    Never a bad thing to be prepared, but if the timetables are to be believed you won't have a chance to create CIC account for another two weeks at least. IEC must determine weather you are eligible or not. You will be notified once they have made a desicion

You can create an account today. I have one.

I definitely am in a rush, I need to go a.s.a.p. so I really had to get the paperwork ready.

I'm reading more posts - Stage 2 is a lot like stage 1 - the layout, process, the user interface. It's broadly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I'm normally quite handy with tech stuff so it's not a deer/headlights situation. Well I've paid anyway. I did message them about this though, we need to be able to read incoming mail/instructions properly. I've no less than 3 pdf readers installed and I still get that message.

maybe check that your browser isnt blocking it, you may have to give permission or try a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Had the same issue last year. I downloaded a pdf reader called foxit or something and then saved it and selected open with foxit. You should try that with one of your pdf readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Is there any truth to the rumour that you need to scan any pages of your passport with visa stamps on them? I've seen a few people mention something along those lines but on the IEC website all I'm seeing is "a legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport"

Agro Head wrote: »
    Had the same issue last year. I downloaded a pdf reader called foxit or something and then saved it and selected open with foxit. You should try that with one of your pdf readers.

I did this and it worked. Of all the things, this worked. I had to manually set file associations, none of the three readers knew what to do with it automatically. Well this worked, thanks! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Nope, not working. It seems to be an Mac issue, for some reason. I've tried updating Adobe, I've tried using Preview, nothing is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

wife accidently submitted her birth cert instead of passport. She's emailed and sent a message on the Kompass account with the correct document anyone ever had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

You were quite correct to say not to panic. Because I just got word that it was accepted. For anyone else, I put Place of birth as Letterkenny and my passport says Donegal. And I got accepted there now. So don't fret folks.

Don't want to be Buzz Killington here but you haven't been accepted for anything yet. You have a provisional place in the line which will be accepted once they review and approve your uploaded documents and you pay the fee. They haven't cross checked your application to your uploaded passport so you don't know if the place of birth is alright yet.

You should be looking into if it will be accepted with a different place of birth rather than sitting back and saying it's all good. Possibly check last years thread to confirm, surely someone had the same problem?

Someone previously said there was no specific mention of a differing place of birth under stage 3 of the step-by-step application FAQ which is sort of a good sign. Hopefully you and the others will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Uploaded and paid. Just one thing i noticed on my passport scan was that there was probably about 0.5mm of the side of the passport cut off from the scan. Everything else is fully legible and has all the info required just hope that doesn't affect anything :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Nope, not working. It seems to be an Mac issue, for some reason. I've tried updating Adobe, I've tried using Preview, nothing is working.

see my post above

Advertisement