Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

allanb49 wrote: »
    wife accidently submitted her birth cert instead of passport. She's emailed and sent a message on the Kompass account with the correct document anyone ever had this?

I noticed on the upload section for the documents it did state please make sure that the documents you are uploading are correct as they cannot be changes afterwards. Try get in touch with IEC ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

MarkJD wrote: »
    Uploaded and paid. Just one thing i noticed on my passport scan was that there was probably about 0.5mm of the side of the passport cut off from the scan. Everything else is fully eligible and has all the info required just hope that doesn't affect anything :(

You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

I just set up My CIC account and had a scope through whats needed, have everything pretty much sorted apart from the digital picture. I downloaded the work permit application and family forms too but ill fill them in later, don't want to lose the run of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

My messages wouldn't open from browser using the software I had called cutepdf. Open fine on Adobe though.

For those on Chrome, click the link, you will see the download in bottom left corner of your window. There will be a little arrow to the side of it, click on that and select "Open in Folder". From there right click on the file in the folder itself and select "Open With" and use the software of choice.

It doesn't say anything unknown though, just a generic acknowledgement piece of text.

Nice to have that bit out of the way before the weekend however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

MarkJD wrote: »
    I noticed on the upload section for the documents it did state please make sure that the documents you are uploading are correct as they cannot be changes afterwards. Try get in touch with IEC ASAP.

she did that, emailed them via kompass straight away with the correct form. just a slip of the mind it seems. They would account for some human error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Agro Head wrote: »
    see my post above

Not available for Mac.

For anyone interested they will generate $577,500 CAD from this phase alone :)

Wonder how much is actual profit back for the government or do they just barley break even with overtime / additional workers for this etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Has anybody had to do more than one scan in their Passports? Baffled why they don't allow more than one upload!

Faith wrote: »
    Not available for Mac.

Missed the part about mac. Give the apple store a buzz and ask them.

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    she did that, emailed them via kompass straight away with the correct form. just a slip of the mind it seems. They would account for some human error.

Best of luck im sure she will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tinman09

Left it in a friends hands as i stupidly attended a show last night, i had everything completed bar the visa choice and went through in minute detail how to do it, unfortunately through no fault of his he got mixed up on my year of birth, spent five minutes trying to ring me before just going with what he thought it was (which was correct) but then it was locked out. Im gutted. Seeing as nearly everyone seems to have got through on this thread whats the best way of keeping myself notified when an updated release date for the second batch comes around? Doesnt help that im going abroad for the next three weeks and will be staying in hostels mostly without regular net access i fear.

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Has anybody had to do more than one scan in their Passports? Baffled why they don't allow more than one upload!

Just merge all your individual PDF files into 1 PDF document. THere is loads of free PDF tools online that will do it for you. Luckily my Photocopier in work allows you to make multiple scans before finalizing and emailing your document to you.

www.pdfmerge.com/‎

Try that iv never used but cant hurt to give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

tinman09 wrote: »
    Left it in a friends hands as i stupidly attended a show last night, i had everything completed bar the visa choice and went through in minute detail how to do it, unfortunately through no fault of his he got mixed up on my year of birth, spent five minutes trying to ring me before just going with what he thought it was (which was correct) but then it was locked out. Im gutted. Seeing as nearly everyone seems to have got through on this thread whats the best way of keeping myself notified when an updated release date for the second batch comes around? Doesnt help that im going abroad for the next three weeks and will be staying in hostels mostly without regular net access i fear.

How was Derren though? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Faith wrote: »
    Not available for Mac.

I had issues with this part too. I tried 3 pdf readers. I downloaded the pdf, then in the download location I directed a particular program to open the document, and this worked. I wonder can you do that on a Mac? File association.

(for anyone using Windows 8, you're probably aware of file association issues with this version already. You need to manually change file associations or it will take to you Metro land.)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

EI-DOR wrote: »

You should scan all the required pages into 1 pdf document which will be 4 or 5 pages long.

There are nearly as many posts in this thread as there were visas given out last night :-)

Just got receipt of payment.

The message in Kompass says they have 2 weeks to assess the application. However, on the Kompass screen, it has marked March 22nd as 'due date'. So, they plan to have it done in a week actually.

I apply on my sister's birthday. I get the result on my dad's birthday. I ask my sister guess what WTN I got and she guesses 7. So freaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

pyrosever wrote: »

"Unsuccessful applicants have taken to social media to complain about the system, with many saying they had been in the process of uploading documents when the quota ran out."

Uploading documents?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

john_jobin wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the rumour that you need to scan any pages of your passport with visa stamps on them? I've seen a few people mention something along those lines but on the IEC website all I'm seeing is "a legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport"

Yes but I think thats only for stage 2. Stage one seems to just be "a legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport"

Whereas stage 2:
    You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:

the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
    any pages with stamps, visas or markings
    You will need to scan your passport and any additional pages into one pdf file.

Your passport must be valid for the full duration of your intended stay in Canada

Just got receipt of payment.

The message in Kompass says they have 2 weeks to assess the application. However, on the Kompass screen, it has marked March 22nd as 'due date'. So, they plan to have it done in a week actually.

I apply on my sister's birthday. I get the result on my dad's birthday. I ask my sister guess what WTN I got and she guesses 7. So freaky.

The March 22nd date was the 10 day deadline that you had for uploading documents. This was mentioned in the PDF that was attached to the first Kompass account message we recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    What if its a new passport with no stamps etc?

Then Just upload the identification pages of your passport.

I'm guessing the request for stamped pages will be cross referenced to the police certs you submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Foley48 wrote: »
    Then Just upload the identification pages of your passport.

I'm guessing the request for stamped pages will be cross referenced to the police certs you submit.

Guess I'll be having fun at that stage. I have police checks for all countries I've visited, but the stamps are all on an old passport that I no longer have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

So stamped pages are not needed at this stage?

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Guess I'll be having fun at that stage. I have police checks for all countries I've visited, but the stamps are all on an old passport that I no longer have.

Well I lived in scotland too and have no stamp from there but still have the police cert so dunno really how it works haha.

So stamped pages are not needed at this stage?

I put them in anyway as was not sure but as it only says "a legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport" I would assume not?

sjapok wrote: »
    The March 22nd date was the 10 day deadline that you had for uploading documents. This was mentioned in the PDF that was attached to the first Kompass account message we recieved.

Yes that makes sense. I double-checked that guide/poster and it's definitely up to 14 days for eligibility assessment.

• Advertisement

Foley48 wrote: »
    I put them in anyway as was not sure but as it only says "a legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport" I would assume not?

They didn't specifically ask for it so I really doubt it matters. Sure how are they to know if you didn't scan some pages on your passport that had stamps?

I personally did have them tacked on.

Advertisement