Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Faith wrote: »
    I got a notice of receipt of payment and I can't open that either :rolleyes:. I've messaged them about it.

do you get this straight away, after submitting docs/payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Foley48 wrote: »
    Well I lived in scotland too and have no stamp from there but still have the police cert so dunno really how it works haha.

The dilema for me is including the police checks or not. If my passport is blank and I can't show any passport stamps to confirm I was in that country how are they to know I was there at all, including a police check could complicate things.

Decisions, guess I'll worry about it when I make it that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    do you get this straight away, after submitting docs/payment?

No. I submitted my documents at 5.30am this morning and got notice around 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Canadian IEC resume template doesn't suggest references. Submitting a CV without at least one reference is alien to me.
    Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to leave my references in, but if they don't ask for it in template, I'm not sure I should.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

GrumPy wrote: »
    Canadian IEC resume template doesn't suggest references. Submitting a CV without at least one reference is alien to me.
    Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to leave my references in, but if they don't ask for it in template, I'm not sure I should.

Definitely don't.

It's not in the template and it's not what they're looking for. No one has ever been refused because of their Resume according to the many posts/threads I've looked at over the past year.

Most professional CVs include a line with something like "please ask if you would like contact information for references" but they don't include the names of the references in their CV as you suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

okay ive recieved the confirmation of payment email and uploaded my documents. what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

alexsmith wrote: »
    okay ive recieved the confirmation of payment email and uploaded my documents. what now?

Another waiting game...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

wait

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

For Canadian resumes now it seems to be accepted that if an employer wants to check your references they will ask for them at the interview. So nowadays most people don't even mention them on the resume (though if you want you can say 'references available upon request', but it's a little redundant as it's already assumed to be the case).

That's what most articles online say about it anyway, was checking up on this recently as I was applying for something

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Another waiting game...

Ooohhh I do LOVE waiting games!!!

• Advertisement

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Another waiting game...

phew,thought i missed out on something.

in fairness the process was/is fairly easy considering everyone that panicked.

feel bad for the people that missed out by seconds though.

im assuming we'll receive another email to tell us whats next?

also whats the jack chirac with the signature yokey-mabob?

also whats the jack chirac with the signature yokey-mabob?

Random question cause I'm curious and probably being really slow here...

Is 'the jack chirac' kinda like cockney slang for 'the craic'?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

I think the Young Professional's allocation amount is a joke.

49 places taken? They gave such a huge amount of places to a category that wasn't going to fill up nearly as fast or with the amount of applicants that would actually take it up.

It's slightly backwards when you think about it. There should have been more Working Holiday visas and less Young Professionals.

I wonder if they'll remove some of those places and allocate them into the Working Holiday Visas instead. I know it would make people very happy.

They sure aren't complaining about the Young Professionals category, that's for sure!!

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Random question cause I'm curious and probably being really slow here...

Is 'the jack chirac' kinda like cockney slang for 'the craic'?

most certainly is

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    I think the Young Professional's allocation amount is a joke.

49 places taken? They gave such a huge amount of places to a category that wasn't going to fill up nearly as fast or with the amount of applicants that would actually take it up.

It's slightly backwards when you think about it. There should have been more Working Holiday visas and less Young Professionals.

I wonder if they'll remove some of those places and allocate them into the Working Holiday Visas instead. I know it would make people very happy.

They sure aren't complaining about the Young Professionals category, that's for sure!!

You're looking at it from the point of view of someone from Ireland looking for a Canadian visa, look at it from theirs.

Clearly they didn't want 10,700 WHVs issued, they want to encourage people coming to Canada with jobs lined up. They've decided on a quota that works for them WH wise, an increase on last year. They've also decided they are happy to increase the amount of Irish migrating providing you have a job, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I bet when round 2 is finished there will be quite a few who missed out will go looking for job so they can apply for the YP. IEC isn't interested in filling exactly 10,700 positions no matter the category, they are interested in whats best for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

so what way is everyone fixed with the copy of the passport ? I don't have a scanner so i took a picture of it on my iphone and used an online converter , just noticed in the bottom left hand corner the website I used has printed ther page address on my photo :/ its pretty small but its annoying me now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys when i completed my payment it brought me to a page when i needed to give a signature, do i actually need to do this or is that just incase i wanted have it for future reference

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

ther is a job expo in Dublin on the 22nd , I think the young professionals will start to fill up then ,
    people who missed out it would be a good idea to go to the expo it mite just be your ticket out of here .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    for those that paid how much is it working out in euros?
    115.60 it looks like is gone from my account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Just realised I had a reference in my CV at the very end. Should I be worried? Fairly sure I had them in the last time I applied for a WHV and got through no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

astonaidan wrote: »
    115.60 it looks like is gone from my account

Holy jebus! Mine was about €97 + €2.97 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Phoenix wrote: »
    for those that paid how much is it working out in euros?

98 euro I think it was. 154.50 canadian dollars

Holy jebus! Mine was about €97 + €2.97 fee.
    Sorry your closer, for me it was 105.32

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

has anyone got word that they've been rejected? And if so, why? A lot seems to be coming from the name not exactly matching the passport. Middle name etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

has anyone got word that they've been rejected? And if so, why? A lot seems to be coming from the name not exactly matching the passport. Middle name etc...

The only way you could really be rejected from the first round is if you were already on 2 IEC visa's previously.

You have to remember that they're only asking for passports now, so previously they had no idea if your name matched your passport or not. Those whose information doesn't match their passports will only start getting weeded out now before phase 2

EDIT: By first round, I meant the first phase of round 1 aka the bit we filled out last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

What's everyone's plans for the passport photos for stage 2? Get one taken and then scan it in yourself/ take a photo of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

In the cic eligibilty assesment what are people selecting for there visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

What's everyone's plans for the passport photos for stage 2? Get one taken and then scan it in yourself/ take a photo of it?

I asked lots of people in the Facebooks groups this and people were very casual -despite the strict requirements. A lot of people said that they took a picture on their smartphone or simply scanned the photo in their passport. A LOT of people said this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gj518

So I applied last night got my wtn and my payment request today. However I left out my middle name and its on my passport. Anybody know how to fix this I messaged iec from my kompass account immediately after applying to ask about this but no reply yet? Im seriously worried now. Should I just go ahead with payment and wait for a reply? Any info cheers!!

Advertisement