Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Faith wrote: »
    Must be a Mac issue so!

Some of the IEC docs don't open on mac, my friend told me that last year e.g. the conditional acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-people-snap-up-canadian-visas-in-minutes-1361961-Mar2014/

It's getting plenty of press. Unfortunately that will just highlight it to people who were sitting in the fence about it, or people who didn't even know about it, for round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

eenm wrote: »
    Some of the IEC docs don't open on mac, my friend told me that last year e.g. the conditional acceptance.

It just looks like it will only open in adobe reader. I'm on linux and couldn't view it in Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Document Viewer, but it worked when I installed Adobe Reader.

I'd assume that if I installed the official adobe reader browser extension rather than using the inbuilt ones that that would have worked as well

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

gj518 wrote: »
    So I applied last night got my wtn and my payment request today. However I left out my middle name and its on my passport. Anybody know how to fix this I messaged iec from my kompass account immediately after applying to ask about this but no reply yet? Im seriously worried now. Should I just go ahead with payment and wait for a reply? Any info cheers!!

That's unfortunate man. I'm sorry to say you'll probably have to reapply in round 2. I've heard of numerous people getting rejected due to forgotten middle names, seeing as the specified so clearly that the name on the application must be the exact same as on the passport.

I wouldn't pay just yet anyway, you have 10 days to do that. You never know the IEC might let you change it, but I highly doubt they'll be responding to emails about the first stage until the inital 48 hours are up, it's usually how they do things.

I asked lots of people in the Facebooks groups this and people were very casual -despite the strict requirements. A lot of people said that they took a picture on their smartphone or simply scanned the photo in their passport. A LOT of people said this.

Thanks. Was this for last years that they did this, or is this what they're doing the year? Getting the photo right is probably what I'm most concerned about given the long list of requirements for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

sjapok wrote: »
    You should scan all the required pages into 1 pdf document which will be 4 or 5 pages long.

4 or 5 pages? I just had the 1 with my identification date of birth, passport number at the back of the passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Thanks. Was this for last years that they did this, or is this what they're doing the year? Getting the photo right is probably what I'm most concerned about given the long list of requirements for it.

Yes me too. I think I asked the question about 5 times like I wanted more requirements lol. This is mostly UK applicants for 2014, but some Irish/UK from 2013 also. I'm sure it'll come up again and we can test responses but apparently it's quite relaxed. No way am I scanning my passport one, it's a ten year one and I look awful. Lots of people mentioned getting them done in chemists but then they didn't adhere to the requirements that they were given. Oh lordy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gj518

Yeah thats what I was thinking but if I wait to long my application will still be active when the second qouta is released and I won't be able to apply. Thanks for the info man! Anybody else made this stupid mistake??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

For the photo I went to the Camera exchange on George's street. Cost €12. I realise it is over kill, but I would really like to leave soon enough and I would hate for something silly like the photo to delay me.

I was talking to someone who applied last year and she had to upload her photo 6 times because it kept being wrong (I don't know what she was up to, to be honest)., and this delayed her by about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Are they going to announce the opening of round two prior to the opening date?

Also, do you have to pay the participation fee there and then or can you grab a place and pay after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

Why are people suggesting something like 4-5 pages for the passport scan? do they not just want the ID section?

"A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). "

parabol wrote: »
    For the photo I went to the Camera exchange on George's street. Cost €12. I realise it is over kill, but I would really like to leave soon enough and I would hate for something silly like the photo to delay me.

I was talking to someone who applied last year and she had to upload her photo 6 times because it kept being wrong (I don't know what she was up to, to be honest)., and this delayed her by about a month.

And did they scan the photo for you and email it to you or did you scan the photo that they took yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Skalragg wrote: »
    USIT rang me today asking about steps etc... girl was claiming you've to upload proof of payment once you actually pay.?

Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

What a bunch of gangsters!!! Don't listen to them there USIT folk!!! Keep to this thread and you'll get the correct information regarding your application. Proof of payment is in stage two I believe. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

And did they scan the photo for you and email it to you or did you scan the photo that they took yourself ?

They gave it to me on a disk. They printed them too. I'm sure you can tell them you just want the disk version and it might be cheaper, I just showed them the spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Why are people suggesting something like 4-5 pages for the passport scan? do they not just want the ID section?

"A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). "
    Ya its all at the back of my passport anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

Hi, I was just wondering do you get a email or a message in your Kompass account saying your application is complete when you have paid your fee and uploaded documents. I received a message saying my I paid successfully but that is all?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FEfuns

Hey all.

I got a visa (around number 1,200) and just made the payment and uploaded my resumé and passport.

My Kompass account is set up under my full name, per my passport (ie First Name, Middle Name and Surname) but my resumé as submitted is just First Name, Surname.

Could that be a problem or is that over-analysing?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

FEfuns wrote: »
    Hey all.

I got a visa (around number 1,200) and just made the payment and uploaded my resumé and passport.

My Kompass account is set up under my full name, per my passport (ie First Name, Middle Name and Surname) but my resumé as submitted is just First Name, Surname.

Could that be a problem or is that over-analysing?

Overanalysing I reckon...I don't think they go into the CV in much depth

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Bieber11 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering do you get a email or a message in your Kompass account saying your application is complete when you have paid your fee and uploaded documents. I received a message saying my I paid successfully but that is all?

same as myself. I just asked the same question and i think thats it, i think we just wait it out till we get info on stage 2/mycic account

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

out6yt.png

When the second round open, will 'Working Holiday Visa' be an option alongside 'Young Professionals' & 'Internship'? If so, is it a straight forward process from there?

I'm very concerned about missing this so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Hey just wondering about the passport pic after reading the last few posts...

It says identification page(s)? Is it not just the part with your picture on it that there looking for?

Sorry just the more i read through all these posts the more freaked out i get im gonna do something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

TheShizz wrote: »
    out6yt.png

When the second round open, will 'Working Holiday Visa' be an option alongside 'Young Professionals' & 'Internship'? If so, is it a straight forward process from there?

I'm very concerned about missing this so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.

Yeah WHV will be the top option. Case of click that, input DOB, email and password (if my memory serves me correct) then click "complete" then on main page press "Submit" and it will again ask for your password. Thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

TheShizz wrote: »

Yes. When you click on the "Working Holiday" box, another small section will open below, where you fill in your email address, date of birth and password again, just for validation. Then you can hit continue, and submit.

It'll just take you a few seconds as long as you're prepared and don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Hey just wondering about the passport pic after reading the last few posts...

It says identification page(s)? Is it not just the part with your picture on it that there looking for?

Sorry just the more i read through all these posts the more freaked out i get im gonna do something wrong

Just the ID Page should be enough, after all that is all they ask for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

sorry for being off topic here but have any of you guys booked flights yet? just looked at a one way dub>toronto>edmonton end of may one way for 340!! not sure if i should book yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Guys my wife just got her conditional letter of acceptance.

She was number 115!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Foley48 wrote: »
    Yeah WHV will be the top option. Case of click that, input DOB, email and password (if my memory serves me correct) then click "complete" then on main page press "Submit" and it will again ask for your password. Thats it!

Yeah.and think there were 3 things to tick too I think.
    Like short sentences like - you haven't submitted anything incorrectly to purposely mislead :tick. You have submitted all information yourself: tick.

She was number 115!

Jaysus! Is she now being asked to submit more forms? Great news as this looks to be moving along quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Anyone still waiting for first message about submitting documents and payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

She was number 115!

At what time today did she submit her application? (fees, uploads)

Advertisement