Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

alexsmith wrote: »
    sorry for being off topic here but have any of you guys booked flights yet? just looked at a one way dub>toronto>edmonton end of may one way for 340!! not sure if i should book yet though!

Anything relating to flights is pointless really as everyone's situation is different and to be on the safe side I wouldn't be booking anything. For all you know the worse case scenario might happen and your visa is rejected for some reason or your visa application takes way longer than it should. You can't foresee these things until you're in the clear. You could be left with a flight that you have to pay for but can't use.

Patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

sjapok wrote: »
    Guys my wife just got her conditional letter of acceptance.

She was number 115!

Oh that's exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

djc123abc wrote: »
    At what time today did she submit her application? (fees, uploads)

This morning at 5.30am with myself :-) I was number 529 and still haven't received mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

tinman09 wrote: »
    Left it in a friends hands as i stupidly attended a show last night, i had everything completed bar the visa choice and went through in minute detail how to do it, unfortunately through no fault of his he got mixed up on my year of birth, spent five minutes trying to ring me before just going with what he thought it was (which was correct) but then it was locked out. Im gutted. Seeing as nearly everyone seems to have got through on this thread whats the best way of keeping myself notified when an updated release date for the second batch comes around? Doesnt help that im going abroad for the next three weeks and will be staying in hostels mostly without regular net access i fear.

I feel your pain, I got my best mate to submit mine as he was doing his own. Got a message from him at 8.04 to say both submitted, then another at 8.09 to say mine hadn't been quick enough in.
    Really annoyed at myself for going now.
    There is a rumour round 2 are gonna be out on the 29th but I don't know where that's coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

This morning at 5.30am with myself :-) I was number 529 and still haven't received mine!

Congratulations to her, hopefully your acceptance is imminent!
    I didn't submit mine until midday. I got the email at 4am but didn't check my mail until late morning.

• Advertisement

Hey just wondering about the passport pic after reading the last few posts...

It says identification page(s)? Is it not just the part with your picture on it that there looking for?

Sorry just the more i read through all these posts the more freaked out i get im gonna do something wrong

Guys sorry for the confusion. You only need to upload the identification page of your passport as it says. I went a little further and pointlessly uploaded my whole passport!

Sacramento wrote: »
    Jaysus! Is she now being asked to submit more forms? Great news as this looks to be moving along quickly.

The acceptance letter basically says:
    "We are pleased to confirm you have been conditionally accepted...

You must submit a work permit application online through myCIC before the expiry date of 12th June 2014.

Based on your answers CIC will provide you with a checklist of all the documents you need to submit with your work permit application. One of these documents will be this conditional acceptance letter..

If your work permit application is approved you will receive a Port of Entry Letter....

We recommend you don't book flights/travel insurance yet...

Fill out a survey too.

that's it folks!

NadyB wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I got my best mate to submit mine as he was doing his own. Got a message from him at 8.04 to say both submitted, then another at 8.09 to say mine hadn't been quick enough in.
    Really annoyed at myself for going now.
    There is a rumour round 2 are gonna be out on the 29th but I don't know where that's coming from

It was posted on the IEC facebook webpage a few weeks back but was taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

This has been asked a few times but I cant find an answer. Can you upload CV and passport as word files? Ive managed to convert CV to pdf but cant figure out to do passport scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sponsor

File - Save As - PDF from drop down on 'Save as Type' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Both have to be in PDF!

Bear83 wrote: »
    This has been asked a few times but I cant find an answer. Can you upload CV and passport as word files? Ive managed to convert CV to pdf but cant figure out to do passport scan.
    It was said somewhere that files should be uploaded in .pdf or .jpg (I think .gif as well as at least one more file type). I didn't notice word being one of the choices when I was uploading my stuff earlier. What program are you using? There's usually a dropdown box below the file name while saving that will allow you to choose what file type you want to save as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Conditional offer already! Holy jebus! Good thing I filled in the MyCIC documents earlier. wooooooooooooow :eek::D

Conditional offer already! Holy jebus! Good thing I filled in the MyCIC documents earlier. wooooooooooooow :eek::D
    What time did you submit your application at?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Deadly! Congrats. What number were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Thanks for letting me know. At least I now know for sure it has to be PDF. I must have an old word program. When I click "save as", the only option I get is JPEG File Interchange Format but i'll figure something out. Thanks

Bear83 wrote: »

I'm not having a go at you, but many have asked questions and the answer is right on the page where you have to upload the documents to; Screenshot:
    dd31alt.jpg

Asking questions like this opens yourself to be given the wrong information like below.
    EI-DOR wrote: »
    Both have to be in PDF!

Just read the page carefully, they tell you what they want!

I got mine at about 16.15 Dublin time. I didn't notice till 5 mins ago! I'm number 7 WTN.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I got mine at about 16.15 Dublin time. I didn't notice till 5 mins ago! I'm number 7 WTN.

what time did you pay and submit docs at?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

The acceptance letter basically says:
    "We are pleased to confirm you have been conditionally accepted...

You must submit a work permit application online through myCIC before the expiry date of 12th June 2014.

Based on your answers CIC will provide you with a checklist of all the documents you need to submit with your work permit application. One of these documents will be this conditional acceptance letter..

If your work permit application is approved you will receive a Port of Entry Letter....

We recommend you don't book flights/travel insurance yet...

Fill out a survey too.

that's it folks!

So we only get 3 months to complete Stage 2 then? I thought it was longer. Hmmm

Glad its working through and thanks for the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Did you get a second message in Kompass to say they received your scans and payment? I got an email from the company that deal with the payment but no message in kompass as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

Does it take time for them to send a email after u paying

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    Does it take time for them to send a email after u paying

I havn't heard anything after paying at 8 o'clock this morning, wouldn't worry about it.

Silvio67 wrote: »
    I havn't heard anything after paying at 8 o'clock this morning, wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks

My CIC all finished. Holy shiz. I just can't believe how fast that was. Half of the process done in half of one day, now my immigration assessment sent to CIC. I'll be able to leave sooner than expected.

Did I have to sign the bottom for the payment sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nellyireland

Im gutted :( I done everything!got the email,paid,sent my C.V and sent the pic of my passport...i was sooo happy!then released i never put my middle name on the application form...judging on what people are saying on the thread i just made the biggest mistake ever and theres no way to fix this :( this will haunt me for the rest of the year!!:( GUTTED!!

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    Did I have to sign the bottom for the payment sheet

Not now, if they request it, you would print that off and sign it. For now your confirmation code which should have been emailed to you is all you need. You can save the form as a .PDF if you wish.

Im gutted :( I done everything!got the email,paid,sent my C.V and sent the pic of my passport...i was sooo happy!then released i never put my middle name on the application form...judging on what people are saying on the thread i just made the biggest mistake ever and theres no way to fix this :( this will haunt me for the rest of the year!!:( GUTTED!!

Wait and see what happens. In 2012 for my application they didn't care, people referencing 2013 say they did care but you definitely aren't the only one.
    You could withdraw your application and apply in the next round, up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nellyireland

Sacramento wrote: »
    Wait and see what happens. In 2012 for my application they didn't care, people referencing 2013 say they did care but you definitely aren't the only one.
    You could withdraw your application and apply in the next round, up to you.

Thanks for the heads up,my head is wrecked,i emailed them but they haven't replied,and with people saying that they are all ready getting there conformation emails i think i have to make the decision to withdraw asap....but thanks agan for the advice !

Advertisement