Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Canadian Gov. USIT had a booth set up aswel but I wasn't over near them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

the iec website just changed some of the info on the page so there is something stirring

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

dcoyle277 wrote: »
    the iec website just changed some of the info on the page so there is something stirring

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

Looks like it be open soon I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

Looks like it be open soon I'd say

hopefully i want to go as soon as i can have everything just waiting on the visa

dcoyle277 wrote: »
    hopefully i want to go as soon as i can have everything just waiting on the visa

Same here hopefully it's this week I just want it all applied for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Yep me too. I feel like a shot deer that's still alive. I just want to be put out of my misery. ;)

Yep me too. I feel like a shot deer that's still alive. I just want to be put out of my misery. ;)

its the anticipation ****ing nothing worse lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

danotroy wrote: »
    Were those at the Expo Canadian gov officials or USIT/Sayit/Moving2Canada people?

I was also told at the expo in the RDS by the IEC guys there to keep an eye on the site in early December..

danotroy wrote: »
    So in effect your guess is as good as anyone else's? I hope it opens sooner rather than later but going on precedent it will be in January. However indications from hearsay indicate December.

No, I believe he/she is right on the money.

The Irish Centre for Immigration (in Toronto, partly funded by the Irish government) says the same thing, in fact, I believe said it before Moving2Canada. Follow their Facebook page, they said exactly the same thing. I've added all of those people on LinkedIn, they all know each other and share info.

But, feel free to wait until mid-January... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

No, I believe he/she is right on the money.

The Irish Centre for Immigration (in Toronto, partly funded by the Irish government) says the same thing, in fact, I believe said it before Moving2Canada. Follow their Facebook page, they said exactly the same thing. I've added all of those people on LinkedIn, they all know each other and share info.

But, feel free to wait until mid-January... :eek:

I also hope it opens soon. The sooner the better the change on the website today says
    Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada initiative will be posted on this page at a later date

A later date is no more specific than we already know. All indications do point to early December which I hope is true. However there is no official word yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mixie_c

Hey..i read on the official IEC page that your passport must have one page left when arriving in Canada. I'm only realising that I've only got a few pages left in mine and hope to go travelling around south America before i go to Canada, so will probably need a new passport before I go.

So, I'm just wondering does anyone know if I can apply with my current passport but arrive in Canada with a new passport?? Would I be able to contact IEC or CIC to inform them of the change?

Tried quickly looking on their sites but can't see anything! Panicing now...don't know if my nerves could handle trying to arrange getting a new passport when the application could open any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

One quick question, do I need a cover letter to go with my cv for the application?

Loblox wrote: »
    One quick question, do I need a cover letter to go with my cv for the application?

I don't think they will be looking for a cover note. I'm not going to be doing one anyways. Think they just want to know the basics. They provide a template for the CV, which is basic, and it seems they want you to stick to it. There's a link in previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

mixie_c wrote: »
    I don't think they will be looking for a cover note. I'm not going to be doing one anyways. Think they just want to know the basics. They provide a template for the CV, which is basic, and it seems they want you to stick to it. There's a link in previous posts.

Okay, cool, seems simple enough. One last question, I'm currently in Canada, got a Canadian account and an Irish account, which would be the better to pay from? They're almost equal in terms of money in the accounts. Do I need to talk to my bank(s) or can I just transfer it electronically no questions asked?

Not sure about that one, sorry :(
    I hope we don't have to transfer money coz that might be a pain in the ass! I did read in earlier posts that the applications opened for Croatia afew weeks ago and there was an option to pay by credit card, which would be way easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

seamus1980 wrote: »
    The IEC started mid january 2 years in a row

Ok I see. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

Would it be morning time or afternoon, they usually post the application opening? going by form....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

How closely do you have to follow the resume template?

It only has sections for your two most recent jobs,does that mean you don't list work history dating back further?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Son wrote: »
    How closely do you have to follow the resume template?

It only has sections for your two most recent jobs,does that mean you don't list work history dating back further?

I'm putting in my last 4 jobs (covers about 3 years) and ignoring any before that because they don't relate to my current career. I'm also putting in my secondary school education as well as my University degree.

As far as I'm concerned they can't reject your CV for giving too much info. No one here has ever heard of an application being rejected because of an inadequate C.V. so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yep in all the threads I've read, all the comments, all through 2013 application, I've never read any problems related to the CV. People reported different issues but I still haven't read anything about the resume.

I wanted to stick as closely to the format as possible so I start fresh from a blank page and only put the info that they requested, in exactly the same format, no changes. They can't argue with that.

• Advertisement

Yep in all the threads I've read, all the comments, all through 2013 application, I've never read any problems related to the CV. People reported different issues but I still haven't read anything about the resume.

I wanted to stick as closely to the format as possible so I start fresh from a blank page and only put the info that they requested, in exactly the same format, no changes. They can't argue with that.

same here cant see there being much of an issue with it at all

There was another mini change in wording on the page. More '2013' references deleted, more '2014' references inserted. Fk me I'm anxious. :eek:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1202/490531-ulster-bank-customers/

For anyone thinking of paying for the IEC 2014 application with a credit card, it looks like Ulster bank credit are having a few issues (as per usual). I'm not affected thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

There was another mini change in wording on the page. More '2013' references deleted, more '2014' references inserted. Fk me I'm anxious. :eek:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

What changed on the page? Is it not the same as yesterday?

What changed on the page? Is it not the same as yesterday?

It is the same as yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillers

does anyone know about the payment options. can i pay for it by credit card?

Dillers,

This was posted by a member who applied for the Croatia IEC a week ago. So in answer to your Question, it's a yes!
    You will need to pay with debit/credit card (mastercard and visa) online directly in your kompass account, that was the only way to pay week ago when I applied for WH from Croatia. Also, you can pay with card of your parents/friend/etc., doesn't matter.

No, I got emails from the website monitor telling me what changed, and it highlighted the changes. Words deleted, words added.

mixie_c wrote: »
    Hey..i read on the official IEC page that your passport must have one page left when arriving in Canada. I'm only realising that I've only got a few pages left in mine and hope to go travelling around south America before i go to Canada, so will probably need a new passport before I go.

So, I'm just wondering does anyone know if I can apply with my current passport but arrive in Canada with a new passport?? Would I be able to contact IEC or CIC to inform them of the change?

Tried quickly looking on their sites but can't see anything! Panicing now...don't know if my nerves could handle trying to arrange getting a new passport when the application could open any day now!

This is in the FAQ relating to New Zealand (along with several other countries but not Irelands, although I'm sure it relates to us too):

12. I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged / lost / stolen / I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?
    Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit will be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Basically they're saying just bring the old passport along with the new one and you'll be grande!

• Advertisement

Re: the opening date, we know that different sources have said that we should check the page in late November/early December, but does anyone think that that might just about information and instructions? Reading the latest official information:

"Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada initiative will be posted on this page at a later date."

So...they will post information of the opening soon. Not that it will definitely open soon.

Maybe they will just tell us the opening date...sometime in January. That would fit the format of last year, right? Notice of info. in Dec, open late Jan?

Anyone else wondering about this?

Advertisement