Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Thanks for the heads up,my head is wrecked,i emailed them but they haven't replied,and with people saying that they are all ready getting there conformation emails i think i have to make the decision to withdraw asap....but thanks agan for the advice !

Well you have until the 22nd to complete the payment and upload documents so I would give them until the 20th to reply at least dont go making any mad decisions and then they come back to you and say ye np we can adjust or doesnt matter and you have withdrawn your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Im gutted :( I done everything!got the email,paid,sent my C.V and sent the pic of my passport...i was sooo happy!then released i never put my middle name on the application form...judging on what people are saying on the thread i just made the biggest mistake ever and theres no way to fix this :( this will haunt me for the rest of the year!!:( GUTTED!!

Relax lad. They aren't Nazi's. They'll email you to confirm any error's. I made mistakes on mine last year and so did my girlfriend. They just email and ask you to clarify. Til be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Hey guys,just about to upload my CV but before I do I've a question for yiz.I was unemployed for 3 or 4 months when I returned from Oz in September 2011.Should I make any reference to this gap in my CV or just leave it and move on to when I was employed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Those who got places in the quota yesterday are still losing their s**t!! Calm down a bit, the toughest part is over! You have 10 days to submit payment/docs and you have up until June to complete the CIC section!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Payment, resume and passport scan sent away. Now I'm off to play the waiting game.

The waiting game sucks, who wants to play Hungry, Hungry Hippos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nellyireland

Agro Head wrote: »
    Relax lad. They aren't Nazi's. They'll email you to confirm any error's. I made mistakes on mine last year and so did my girlfriend. They just email and ask you to clarify. Til be grand.

Really?That would be class...hopefully they do send me the mail...the wait is the worst!:eek: but thanks for the feedback its much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hey all hope get in the next round... wondering is payment thru credit card, upload cv and id passport then wait

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

rob55 wrote: »
    hey all hope get in the next round... wondering is payment thru credit card, upload cv and id passport then wait

Yeah thats it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

On the Kompass landing page are you guys coming up as 'pending' or 'in progress' for the IEC Eligibility Assessment?

I've received 2 mails in Kompass, but my girlfriend has only received one so far. What about you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Detour wrote: »
    On the Kompass landing page are you guys coming up as 'pending' or 'in progress' for the IEC Eligibility Assessment?

I've received 2 mails in Kompass, but my girlfriend has only received one so far. What about you guys?

Mine says the same I went through Visa First and I'd recommend you avoid them as I believe they only set up my compas account today. When did you sign up to kompass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

Those who have already submitted their CVs, Did ye put brackets around everything like on the template?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

Lawra90 wrote: »
    Those who have already submitted their CVs, Did ye put brackets around everything like on the template?

No that is unnecessary, it is simply to show you the order in which they like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

I've not found information on this yet...

Are you able to use someone elses credit card etc? for some reason, mine doesn't want to work for me today!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

NadyB wrote: »
    No that is unnecessary, it is simply to show you the order in which they like to see it.

Thank-youuu!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

hi people..
    im one of those that missed out on this round... when i was in iec category it showed " ALERT IEC WORKING HOLIDAY IS NOT OPEN YET".. Ive tried refreshing the page over and over again.. still even tried today.. but the ALERT msg keeping coming up.. not been given the choice to pick WH..
    HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY OF YE,,, AN WHAT CAN IDO..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

IrishTeddi wrote: »

Are you able to use someone elses credit card etc? for some reason, mine doesn't want to work for me today!! :mad:

Hey Teddi, Yes u can use someone elses credit card. Here is extract from letter in my messages (highlighted in red). Just double check your letter from Kompass to be sure. Hope this helps.:)

Payment Amount: C$150

Payment Method: Online payment by credit card

Please go to the “My IEC Application” section in order to make your payment.

No other currencies or other form of payment will be accepted. As the applicant, you are responsible for all bank and transaction charges. You may use a third-party credit card (of a family member or friend) to pay your IEC participation fee as long as you have the card owner’s permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

ckgirl wrote: »
    Hey Teddi, Yes u can use someone elses credit card. Here is extract from letter in my messages (highlighted in red). Just double check your letter from Kompass to be sure. Hope this helps.:)

Payment Amount: C$150

Payment Method: Online payment by credit card

Please go to the “My IEC Application” section in order to make your payment.

No other currencies or other form of payment will be accepted. As the applicant, you are responsible for all bank and transaction charges. You may use a third-party credit card (of a family member or friend) to pay your IEC participation fee as long as you have the card owner’s permission.

Ugh! I just remembered I saw that just as I hit reply to my post! heheh..

My card did work! Oul' clever clogs over here left out a card number *facepalm*

Thank you :)

lenny33 wrote: »
    hi people..
    im one of those that missed out on this round... when i was in iec category it showed " ALERT IEC WORKING HOLIDAY IS NOT OPEN YET".. Ive tried refreshing the page over and over again.. still even tried today.. but the ALERT msg keeping coming up.. not been given the choice to pick WH..
    HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY OF YE,,, AN WHAT CAN IDO..

You have to wait for the next round to open to select the holiday working visa category

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

THANKS MAGGIE...
    did you get urs

No probs :).. yeah got mine.. was very shocked at how fast they went.. good luck with the next round :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

i had all filled out and i waited until it opened to fill the one part number is 003838

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Have many people got their Conditional Acceptance Letter, seen a few on FB have there's already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Does it take a while for the IEC to send a message to your account inbox acknowledging payment and receipt of supporting documents? I paid just there twenty minutes ago, and whilst I have a confirmation e-mail in my gmail account, I've no message in my IEC inbox yet.

IrishTeddi wrote: »

Yes there is a video link on the website talking you through each and all of the steps. It says you can use the credit card or debit card of a 3rd party

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

I paid and uploaded required docs around 10am today but still haven't received confirmation of payment... should I be worried?!

I paid and uploaded required docs around 10am today but still haven't received confirmation of payment... should I be worried?!

No but you will anyway

NadyB wrote: »
    No but you will anyway

I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

I got my confirmation of document submission/payment in like twenty minutes, but my friend did hers hours ago and still hasn't got hers so I've no idea what order they're doing them in

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

You should have received an automated email from Netbanx, which is the third party IEC used for payment. It might go to the email associated with your bank account rather than your Kompass account, though.

I paid early(ish) this morning and still don't have acknowledgement from IEC about it, but at least I know the payment went through because I got that email from Netbanx a few minutes after I paid.

• Advertisement

Toronto wrote: »
    You should have received an automated email from Netbanx, which is the third party IEC used for payment. It might go to the email associated with your bank account rather than your Kompass account, though.

I paid early(ish) this morning and still don't have acknowledgement from IEC about it, but at least I know the payment went through because I got that email from Netbanx a few minutes after I paid.

Yes, I got the 'transaction successful' email from Netbanx, just no word from the IEC crew yet. The fact that I'm not the only one that didn't get it is comforting though, so thanks :)

Advertisement