Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Yes, I got the 'transaction successful' email from Netbanx, just no word from the IEC crew yet. The fact that I'm not the only one that didn't get it is comforting though, so thanks :)

I'm trying not to obsessively check my Kompass messages. I know I'll get an email notification on my phone anyway, but somehow I feel like I'll see it faster if I'm using the website. :P

My WTN is in the 1500s, if that helps. I'm not sure if they're processed in order, exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Toronto wrote: »
    I'm trying not to obsessively check my Kompass messages. I know I'll get an email notification on my phone anyway, but somehow I feel like I'll see it faster if I'm using the website. :P

My WTN is in the 1500s, if that helps. I'm not sure if they're processed in order, exactly.

ha.. I've been the same. My WTN is in the 1700's so maybe it is happening in order, would be nice to get it before they head off for the weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

I am number 830 and my o/h is number 2626 and she paid about 2 hours before me and has not recieved confirmation of payment and documents submission in her Kompass account but at about 5.30 i recieved mine so i wouldnt worrying people.

The applications are probably split up into different processing agents and one just might happen to get to anothers beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Have many people got their Conditional Acceptance Letter, seen a few on FB have there's already!!

what fb group are you following ? id be interested in following it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Has anyone actually received conditional acceptance? In those words? Not being nitty but just curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sponsor

Hi All
    I got my Conditional Letter Of Acceptance. (Wohoo! :) ) Im just wondering - On the CIC stage, you have to upload a doc that has all your previous employment history for the past 10 years. It gives you 3 boxes to fill this in and then says if you need more space you have to put it on an additional Page. However you can only upload one file. Does anyone know how to add an additional page on to an adobe file (on a mac) or is the only way to do this to scan the first document & second all at once so its on one file?
    Hope this makes sense!! Just want to get it all finished today and i don't have a scanner to hand. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

eenm wrote: »
    Has anyone actually received conditional acceptance? In those words? Not being nitty but just curious

Yes read through the last few pages iv read at least 2 people have already got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

what fb group are you following ? id be interested in following it.

I think the main one is moving2canada group.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

guest124 wrote: »
    I think the main one is moving2canada group.

yep that's the one in stalking anyways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

hey guys still wondering did any of you take a picture of your passport on your phone, or did use scan it in ? ive no scanner :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Sponsor wrote: »
    Hi All
    I got my Conditional Letter Of Acceptance. (Wohoo! :) ) Im just wondering - On the CIC stage, you have to upload a doc that has all your previous employment history for the past 10 years. It gives you 3 boxes to fill this in and then says if you need more space you have to put it on an additional Page. However you can only upload one file. Does anyone know how to add an additional page on to an adobe file (on a mac) or is the only way to do this to scan the first document & second all at once so its on one file?
    Hope this makes sense!! Just want to get it all finished today and i don't have a scanner to hand. :(

Upload it as a letter of explanation under optional documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

hey guys still wondering did any of you take a picture of your passport on your phone, or did use scan it in ? ive no scanner :/

I took a pic on my phone came out better than the scan I tried to do at work! As long as they can read all the details on the passport im sure its fine to take a photo of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Phoenix wrote: »
    lads can you use visa debit card to pay it?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

status for me:

submitted - payment and required documents pending.

ive got the payment notification email from netbanx anyway so il just wait it out till i get something in the message box/email.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Sponsor wrote: »
    Hi All

Were you in within the first few to apply based on your WHP number? Also how long did it take from the time you got your notice of payment till you got your conditional acceptance letter??

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Were you in within the first few to apply based on your WHP number? Also how long did it take from the time you got your notice of payment till you got your conditional acceptance letter??

Hey ya i'm number 51, I got the message asking me to pay at 12:55 yesterday, I paid at 1am, got my notice of payment at 9:06 am this morning and my letter of acceptance at 5:11 pm. Hope this helps! :)

bopper wrote: »
    Upload it as a letter of explanation under optional documents.

Thank you so much! Didn't think of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Paid the fee but when go to upload my passport & cv pdfs there is only the "save only" button? there is no "Submit " button!!?

When I click the save only button nothin happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

There should be a "Complete" button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Just FYI guys. My wife's IEC timetable:
    1. Got place 115
    2. Submitted documents at 5.30am this morning
    3. Conditional letter of acceptance received at 2pm

Me:
    1. Got place 529
    3. Haven't received conditional letter of acceptance.

I guess it must take them quite a while to properly look at each application and I'm sure they're working from number 1 upwards.

Will let ye know when I get mine so that you'll have some indication of when you'll get your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

sjapok wrote: »
    Just FYI guys. My wife's IEC timetable:
    1. Got place 115
    3. Conditional letter of acceptance received at 2pm

Me:
    1. Got place 529
    3. Haven't received conditional letter of acceptance.

I guess it must take them quite a while to properly look at each application and I'm sure they're working from number 1 upwards.

Will let ye know when I get mine so that you'll have some indication of when you'll get your own.

Thanks for that sjapok, just wondering if you have received confirmation of payment in your Kompass inbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Hey all! Finicky (and probably stupid but you can't take any chances) question. For the IEC resume template, can you upload it in any layout as long as it has the required fields? Its just that my CV is what they are asking for content wise, but my education is split into 2 columns of 50% width and experience is laid out at one columns 100% width. Surely won't matter right?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

just paid and uploaded my documents, looked at my resume after I uploaded and noticed a mistake or two :/ . think im just over analysing things .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elaine_McElroy

juansheet wrote: »
    Paid the fee but when go to upload my passport & cv pdfs there is only the "save only" button? there is no "Submit " button!!?

When I click the save only button nothin happens?

This is happening for me too! I have no idea how to fix it, I have messaged IEC through my Kompass account but no response yet.
    Would love some advice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

billyduk wrote: »
    Hey all! Finicky (and probably stupid but you can't take any chances) question. For the IEC resume template, can you upload it in any layout as long as it has the required fields? Its just that my CV is what they are asking for content wise, but my education is split into 2 columns of 50% width and experience is laid out at one columns 100% width. Surely won't matter right?

Probably not but for the matter of a few minutes why not use there template?

This is happening for me too! I have no idea how to fix it, I have messaged IEC through my Kompass account but no response yet.
    Would love some advice?!

So there's no "Complete" button beside the Save button?

EI-DOR wrote: »
    So there's no "Complete" button beside the Save button?

No only the save button! Don't know if I should panic yet . . . I have tried on different browsers and I've re-loaded the documents and still no change.

No only the save button! Don't know if I should panic yet . . . I have tried on different browsers and I've re-loaded the documents and still no change.

That is odd. The two buttons were there earlier when I uploaded the documents so I dunno!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    That is odd. The two buttons were there earlier when I uploaded the documents so I dunno!

Oh well thanks anyway I've sent an email through my kompass account so hopefully someone will get back to me.

Advertisement