Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Anybody know roughly what number were at with conditional LOE's?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Probably not but for the matter of a few minutes why not use there template?

I don't really see a "template" as it were. Just sectioned HTML... I wish they would provide an actual template!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

billyduk wrote: »
    I don't really see a "template" as it were. Just sectioned HTML... I wish they would provide an actual template!

They tell you exactly everything they want, and the order they want to see it in, it couldn't be simpler.
    As long as you follow that template and it looks good and is legible you'll be fine.
    If you're still worried, google Canadian Résumé examples

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Do we know if they'll announce the opening date for round two 24-72 hours before it opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Detour wrote: »
    On the Kompass landing page are you guys coming up as 'pending' or 'in progress' for the IEC Eligibility Assessment?

I've received 2 mails in Kompass, but my girlfriend has only received one so far. What about you guys?
    GerPower wrote: »
    Mine says the same I went through Visa First and I'd recommend you avoid them as I believe they only set up my compas account today. When did you sign up to kompass?

Mines "In progress" too.

Still dont understand how Visa First can apply on your behalf given its illegal for them to do so.

But just to note if they did they must have applied for you on thursday given your at the IEC Eligibility Assessment stage. As anyone who made a kompass account yesterday can not possibly have a WTN and be at the Eligibility stage given the visas went at 3/5 mins on thursday. The most anyone who created a Kompass account yesterday (or any other time since visas were gone) would be able to do is create an account and wait until the second round of visas. Unless visa first have some way in which they get spaces reserved for them but highly highly doubt it.

• Advertisement

TheShizz wrote: »
    Do we know if they'll announce the opening date for round two 24-72 hours before it opens?

I would imagine they will give as much notice as for the first round. Dont see why they wouldnt :) I really hope you get one in round 2!

Thanks bud, and so do I!

Just to clarify; you upload your documents AFTER getting a place in the quota, rather than needing to upload them in order to secure a place?.

Also, does the file format of passport photo matter? The one I have is .png but it is easily changed if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Is this pretty much what everyone is seeing at this point? Is the next step the conditional acceptance letter?

Sacramento wrote: »
    dd31alt.jpg

@ TheShizz: For the passport ID page scan, forms and resume any of those ^

For the passport pic that you upload in Stage 2 (after conditional acceptance letter) JPEG or JPEG2000.

And yes you upload Passport ID Page and CV sometime within 48hrs after you get your place in the quota :)

parabol wrote: »
    Is this pretty much what everyone is seeing at this point? Is the next step the conditional acceptance letter?

Mine says "in progress" for IEC Eligibility Assessment but yeah other than that its the same. And following the "in progress" you should recieve notification on weather your offered a conditional place or not :)

• Advertisement

Foley48 wrote: »
    @ TheShizz: For the passport ID page scan, forms and resume any of those ^

For the passport pic that you upload in Stage 2 (after conditional acceptance letter) JPEG or JPEG2000.

And yes you upload Passport ID Page and CV sometime within 48hrs after you get your place in the quota :)

Thanks mate you've been a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

parabol wrote: »

Mine says exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Thanks a mill, I just wanted to be sure I'm on the right track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

What's the chances the 48 hours includes the weekend...... Will they still be processing application sat and sun???? Anybody seen any changes so far today?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Has anyone above say 650 had conditional acceptance yet? I'm very nervous!

eenm wrote: »

I'm in the 1500s and nothing yet since payment and uploading docs at 8 yesterday morning...... Don't think we should be worrying , they'll get to us eventually either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Why are people gettin so worked up and worried about this? It clearly states they could take 'x' amount of days to process depending on what stage you're at, just because some people have been lucky and processed quickly means absolutely nothing in regards to your own application.

The stress should have been in relation to meeting the original quota. You are in the door, the hard bits over relax and take your time.

Ahh yea , the 48 hours was for the notice I got after a couple of hours..... Silly me......

I really just want the process to be completed ASAP, I need to get over there as quick as possible and start earning...... Everybody is in a different situation , some just want the experience, some going just for the craic, some employed some not, and also some who are doing it to try make a better life for their family and be able to pay mortgage , bills, depts, and just getting further and further into dept the longer there here. So for them I'm sure they just want it done and dusted at this stage.

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Why are people gettin so worked up and worried about this? It clearly states they could take 'x' amount of days to process depending on what stage you're at, just because some people have been lucky and processed quickly means absolutely nothing in regards to your own application.

The stress should have been in relation to meeting the original quota. You are in the door, the hard bits over relax and take your time.

Yes but it is nerve wracking when some people do have it and you don't... That's all.

• Advertisement

Yes but it is nerve wracking when some people do have it and you don't... That's all.

Although I am aware they got it fast and it's probably nothing to worry about yet.

I honest think it's just the fact that they got through a certain amount before they all finished work on Friday evening for the weekend.... I would not imagine anybody seeing any change until there back to work after the weekend. I agree though, it would be nice to be just over with it..... Enough waiting around wondering what's happening since oct/nov last year really .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

I'm 284 and I haven't got my conditional acceptance yet. Think they're taking a bit more time over sending those out than they were with confirmation of payment and document stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

mushacles wrote: »
    I'm 284 and I haven't got my conditional acceptance yet. Think they're taking a bit more time over sending those out than they were with confirmation of payment and document stuff.

I'm 529 and I haven't got my conditional letter. I'm also not at all worried even though my wife who was 115 has hers. We both submitted our documents at 5.30am a few hours after we received the request to upload documents.

They are studying each application carefully and will get through so many on each working day. I wonder if Paddys day is a bank holiday over there? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Thanks for that sjapok, just wondering if you have received confirmation of payment in your Kompass inbox?

Yes I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I'm 122 and no conditional acceptance. I don't think it's being done by wtn number , and doubtful we'll see any movement until Monday at this stage. They said it takes up to 14 days so to be honest some people have just been lucky they got it so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have documents uploaded and I have payed. Nothing more I can do now but I can't help feeling paranoid that I have made a mistake somewhere along the way. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    I really just want the process to be completed ASAP, I need to get over there as quick as possible and start earning...... Everybody is in a different situation , some just want the experience, some going just for the craic, some employed some not, and also some who are doing it to try make a better life for their family and be able to pay mortgage , bills, depts, and just getting further and further into dept the longer there here. So for them I'm sure they just want it done and dusted at this stage.

i hear you man the sooner the better for me too as the longer your here the more it costs as lfe gets in the way..what number did u receive

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

I'm 122 and no conditional acceptance. I don't think it's being done by wtn number , and doubtful we'll see any movement until Monday at this stage. They said it takes up to 14 days so to be honest some people have just been lucky they got it so quickly.

i would be sure that its proccesed in order of who pays first,.

• Advertisement

jaykace wrote: »
    i hear you man the sooner the better for me too as the longer your here the more it costs as lfe gets in the way..what number did u receive

I got 1054 ish and the wife got 1546 ish.... I would hope it's being doing in order of paid also . As from the beginning first come first served they said.

What did you get??

Advertisement